Shadow X Reader (Behind the Scenes) - @ElisaRostagno

Yes, I'm updating this book a second time this week, and it will be updated again on Friday. Since all my other stories are now complete and I'm done with uni for the year, I'm trying to soley focus on the remaining requests (3) and ideas I have yet to write for this story (9). That's like 12 more chapters and I don't have 12 weeks left of the year.

Considering I have 5 fanfics planned for next year that all need planning, I would like to get these stories outta the way asap. So from now on I'll hopefully be updating this story at least 3 times a week for the next 4 weeks.

I hope to stick to this plan, however don't be surprised if I don't as I am also moving out at the end of the month! (finally leaving the nest ^^) so while I'm writing I'm also managing packing and other adult things to prepare for my new place.

Anyway, as soon as I've uploaded the last chapter for this year's batch (I'll tell ya when it happens) I'll be instantly going on my hiatus, having a break from uploading and focusing on planning and writing my stories before I start uni next year. I don't know when exactly I'll be off the hiatus, but I do plan to come back for my final year of writing fanfic in 2021 (that, depending on how things go, might bleed into 2022) - I'll evaluate more once I'm done for this year lol

Okay I won't keep you any longer lol (assuming you actually read this), so please, enjoy the chapter! :)

EDIT: FORGOT THE TITLE OMFG SORRY-

The war had been going on for 6 months now, the city was nothing but rubble and ruined buildings. Most people had left, hoping the rest of the world might be untouched and those that stayed joined the Resistance to try and fight back.

(Y/N) the (a/t) was one of those that joined the Resistance. After having faced the mysterious mercenary and survived she was determined to fight back, to use the second chance of life she was given. The Resistance had welcomed her very warmly, glad to have another member to fight against Eggman and his goons.

Her help was even more welcomed after Sonic was kidnapped and Shadow was found to be working with Eggman. His friends had been so confused when he first made his appearance fighting against Sonic, after everything that had happened with them, they had no clue why he had changed to the evil side once again. Though considering this wasn't the first time, they were more just confused and disappointed.

That was until recently when the group had rescued Sonic from Eggman's base. (Y/N) remembered coming up against Shadow and having to fight him, but at the same time Knuckles and Silver were also fighting him. Considering Shadow couldn't be in two places at once, everyone came to the conclusion that Eggman had somehow found a way to clone the hedgehog, and he was in fact MIA.

The relief after that discovery was immense, and the (a/t) was grateful to feel the tension cease slightly. Considering how tough this war has been, it was a small yet powerful win knowing Shadow hadn't betrayed them again. The next issue was trying to find Shadow, since not even his teammate Rouge knew his location.

A select few people were selected to try and find the hedgehog, and (Y/N) was grateful it wasn't her. She had seen Shadow in action before, he was terrifying, and she wasn't sure how he'd treat any of the new recruits for the Resistance.

So instead, she worked with Sonic to run through the city on a search and rescue mission. Thankfully, her grappling hook helped her keep up with the blue hedgehog, and they managed to save a few people before they were attacked.

Sonic was running when a black and red blur came out of nowhere, spindashing Sonic into a building. (Y/N) startled and swung over to the blue hedgehog, pulling him from the rubble and to his feet. Sonic thanked her and turned to glare at the black hedgehog that stood in front of them. This copy's eyes were dull, the biggest giveaway that it was indeed a fake.