A Surprise Gift... (Shadow)

It was a cloudy and rather windy day, leaves were making a mess of the town and everyone was expecting it to start raining soon. Signs toppled over, and people staggered against the wind, trying to find shelter.

Girls complained about their hair and fur, boys complained about how to travel home. However they watched as a certain (a/t) pushed her way through the wind, holding a shopping bag close to her chest. Her (h/l) hair blew in the wind, making it hard to concentrate on where she was walking, and her eyes watered.

But she continued on, destined to reach her home. The bag ruffled violently in her arms, and she tightened her grip. The last thing she needed was to lose the supplies she had just brought. If she lost the supplies, she wouldn't be able to finish off her surprise for a dear friend of hers.

The (a/t) had been planning this for a while now, and she was sure her friend would appreciate it dearly. He had better appreciate it. The supplies she had just purchased had been near impossible to find. And she'd never done this before, so she was hoping her surprise would turn out at least decent.

There was actually two ways this could go, either he will accept it and be slightly emotional or he will hate it and never talk to the (a/t) again. She sighed and moved her hair from her eyes, pushing through the wind some more.

She was nearly home, so close to finishing her surprise gift for her best friend, she couldn't wait to hand it to him. The (a/t) had a good feeling about it, even if there was a chance he will never talk to her again, she was happy to take that risk.

Finally, the (a/t) arrived home, stumbling through the front door and pushing it closed. The wind instantly stopped, and she slipped forward, dropping the things.

"Well... At least I didn't lose anything..." She mumbled, sitting up and running her fingers through her knotty hair. She flinched slightly, before grabbing a brush, "I hope it rains, that will definitely motivate me to finish this project."

Jumping to her feet, she placed the stuff on the table with the still-in-progress present, before strolling into the kitchen. After making a warm cup of hot coco to fight the freeze in her chest, the (a/t) sat down, taking a sip of the warm drink and sighing.

"Right... Now to get to work..." She reached for the present.

Suddenly there was a loud 'CLASH' and a bright flash of light, causing the (a/t) to jump in her seat, fur standing on end. Rain followed the sound, patting against her house lightly, before turning to a heavy storm.

-Well... This is sort of what I asked for...- She smiled slightly, before grabbing the present and the other supplies.

-Now to get to work...-

~LATER~

Finally. It was done. The (a/t) smiled at her work, sitting back in her chair with a sigh and holding the present in her hands. He better like it, it took weeks to make. And a lot of money for the supplies. She frowned slightly, if he hated it, all the work would have been for nothing.

If he hated it, he would probably never talk to her again.

If he hated it, he would probably get rid of it in one way or another.

If he hated it...

-No, stop thinking like that. He will like it. He will love it...-

She gently placed the surprise gift down, grabbing her empty cup of coco and walking into the kitchen. There was another clash of thunder, causing the (a/t) to jump again, her fur poofed up.