Manic X Pregnant!Reader - @Kawaii_Atsuko

Oh no. Oh no no no.

This can't be happening. This CAN NOT be happening.

You were currently sitting in your bathroom, staring down at the pregnancy test in absolute horror; the two pinks lines felt like they were cutting right through you, making you shake your head in disbelief. You had done everything you could to prevent this, being on the pill, taking the morning after pill, you even got your partner to wear a condom.

Oh God what was he going to think.

Your boyfriend, Manic the Hedgehog, known to be Sonic's brother and the drummer of Sonic Underground, was too busy to be a parent, let alone him actually wanting kids to start with. You'd spoken to him about it, both on a mutual understanding that kids would slow down your life. And now you're expecting one. What were you going to tell him? What would he do?

You teared up just thinking of the scenarios; he was bound to leave you, there was no questions about it. Soon you were going to be single and pregnant, and life was only going to go downhill from here. Dropping the test into the bathroom bin, you slowly got to your feet and leant on the vanity. You could feel your arms shaking, your nerves causing you to freeze as you stared into the mirror.

What could you do? Would abortion be wise? If you did that you wouldn't even need to tell Manic and you could pretend this never happened.

No, you can't do that. You have to be honest with him, talk to him about it, hope he understands. Hope he won't just leave you to do it by yourself.

Yeah, that's an option.

But there was still that dread. What would he do when you told him the news? Would he blame you? Clearly none of the steps you took to prevent this worked. It was true none of them were 100% affective, but the risks were lower than if you only used one of the precautions.

There was a knock at the door and it startled you; causing you to jump and hit your head on the glass mirror. What had you leant to close to it? You let out a groan and rubbed your head.

"Y-Yeah...?" You called out.

"Hey (Y/N), just making sure you're alright." Manic's voice came through the door, "Are you?"

"O-Oh... Yeah I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You sound nervous..." The green hedgehog on the other side leant on the door, "Are you sick? Do you need me to come in and hold your hair out of your face?"

You couldn't help but give a nervous chuckle, "No Manic... I'm fine. But could you get me some water? I just feel a little dizzy."

"Feeling dizzy isn't fine, but okay." He sounded unsure as he spoke, but left anyway.

Which gave you the chance to breathe, holding your head over the sink. It wasn't a lie that you felt dizzy, and you decided splashing your face with water might help; it always helps the main character in movies. The cool water definitely took the warmth from your face, even washing the tears from your eyes. But the puffiness in your muzzle gave away that you'd cried.

You frowned, before washing your face more. No way were you leaving this room looking like that, Manic would know something is wrong instantly, and although you planned to tell him, you just weren't ready to right now. The information had to set first, you had to take it in and turn it in your mind, you had only found out yourself, and you knew you had to act fast, but jumping into action felt tiring already.

"Hey (Y/N)? I'm back." Manic said through the door and you jumped again.

Glancing in the mirror, the redness had mostly disappeared. You let out a sigh, satisfied enough and wiped your face dry and open the door. The green hedgehog was leaning on the doorframe, his spiked quills hanging over his face, almost covering the chocolate brown eyes that stared at you with concern. In his gloved hand was a glass of cool water, which he held up to you.