Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better (Sonic X Reader X Shadow - Part 2)

Oh boy, where to start?

It had been months since you started dating the two fastest hedgehogs on the planet. A few months of the two rivalling it out to see who the better boyfriend was. It was a mess, a hectic, tornado of a mess. When you had taking on the challenge of dating the two biggest rivals well... You weren't sure what to expect.

And now you knew. They were always trying to outrival the other, always trying to be the better boyfriend, always challenging the other to battles or other shenanigans that would always result in a messy house.

Your messy house.

Currently, you were trying to clean up the kitchen after the two had tried to duke it out in the kitchen. Sonic had made chilidogs and you really don't want to know how he got it all over the ceiling. Shadow had tried making a savoury mince, and that had somehow ended up all over the stove, which had resulted in a small fire that was put out quickly.

You were grumbling to yourself as you scrubbed around the stove, making sure not to bump the nobs and accidentally light your hand on fire. The two hedgehogs themselves were nowhere to be seen; you had scared them both off with your yelling.

They were driving you nuts!

But... You couldn't complain...

Aside from the rivalry between them, the two were usually great boyfriends. They were always checking on you, and eventually the two got used to sleeping in the same room, just not the same bed. Every night you'd change beds, cuddle with one or the other since the first, and only time, you three shared a bed, it had resulted in the most awkward of mornings after.

It was slow but working progress. You hope to have the two meet at a mutual understanding, able to share a bed so you could cuddle both hedgies. You really hated only giving one attention at a time, it just felt unfair, even if it was balanced out as best as possible.

But they didn't make it easy, their rivalry in the kitchen proved that. You had to scrub their mess away while they duked it out somewhere else. Once you were done, you flopped on the couch, feeling weak in the arms from all the cleaning. As if watching from a distance, both the boys appeared in front of the couch, looking sheepish.

"Sorry (Y/N)..." Sonic said, kicking the carpet lightly, averting his gaze.

"I'm sorry too." Shadow nodded, his arms crossed, and head lowered.

"Boys..." You let out a sigh, sitting up, "Look, I'm annoyed, but I get you're rivals. Just... Try to tone it down a little please, it can be exhausting..."

They both nodded, before taking their seats on either side of you. Shadow wrapped his arm over your shoulders, and Sonic snaked his arm around your waist. It felt strange, but it was something else you had gotten used to, the feeling of being pulled in two different directions. You'd think it would be annoying, but it was surprisingly comforting, knowing you were wanted by two different people. It was... Fulfilling, in a way.

You couldn't help but sigh, leaning back into both hedgehog's arms. They both subconsciously nuzzled into you, Sonic your side and Shadow your head, tails wagging. Yes, even Shadow; now that you two were together, he'd softened up a whole lot, showing sides he'd never shown before. Sonic wasn't much different, he was a cuddle bug at best, and you found it utterly adorable.

"That reminds me." You said, now thinking out loud, "We haven't told anyone about us yet have we?"

"Not that I can think of." Sonic said, looking up at her, "I honestly don't know how everyone would react to it. What do you think Shadow?"

"Who cares, it's none of their business anyway." The darker hedgehog huffed, his breath tickling your ear.

You giggled and shook your head, "He's right, but they'll find out one way or another. I'd rather have control and tell them about it."