Intimidating!Shadow X Mute!Reader - @C0h3rEntR36eL / @Blue_Fox_Shadow

The sky was grey with clouds, a breeze flowing through the busy city, carrying the smell of rain. There were hardly any cars on the road, most people having decided to stay home in preparation for the dull weather. Everyone that had decided to walk the streets was either holding an umbrella in preparation or were holding their coats just a little tighter around themselves than usual.

(Y/N) the (a/t) was one of these people. Having not checked the weather report this morning, she had left to go grocery shopping and being very unprepared for such weather, had gotten far too many things for the trip home to be quick.

The (a/t) soon realised her mistake as she left the shops, seeing everyone walking around quickly, heads lowered or hidden under umbrellas. The sky grew darker, and her ears fell as she glanced at her trolley full of items. Thankfully, they were already bagged, and she managed to grab hold of them all. It was a heavy load, and usually this wouldn't be a problem, as she carried this many bags all the time.

But she also usually took her time with it since the bags were heavy, and this time it was going to rain. She had many items that would be ruined if they got wet. So, she'd have to walk home ASAP.

(Y/N) lived with her closest friend, Rouge the Bat in an apartment a few blocks away from the shopping centre. They had decided not to get a car for a multitude of reasons, one being the expenses of the car itself, and parking at the apartment complex. Both girls were fine with this as they lived in the city close to everything, and Rouge could fly anywhere she wanted to.

The (a/t) just preferred to walk, it was nice and relaxing to her. The thought of driving a car was also very nerve-wracking. To think someone has control of such a machine, and the fact that people can lose that control. She hardly trusted herself to drive and not cause some sort of accident.

Of course, now she was wishing she could at least get a taxi, maybe an Uber. But the girl couldn't do that either. You see, she was mute. She wouldn't talk to anyone. The (a/t) wasn't sure why, as she understood everyone and even knew the main dialect of the city, but whenever someone tried to talk to her, she just... Can't seem to utter a sound.

She wasn't sure if it was anxiety, or if it was some sort of problem from birth. The (a/t) just knows she's never been able to talk with anything, not even her own parents. They had learnt sign language just so she could communicate with them. Rouge was also currently learning sign language, as she felt bad for having to make (Y/N) write everything she wanted to say. Writing takes a long time, especially if you want to say something quickly, or say a lot of things.

Not many others tried to learn sign language though. (Y/N)'s other friends were content with how they communicated. Tails even tried to make a device for the (a/t) to make life easier, but it exploded in their faces and he went back to the drawing board.

The (a/t) didn't mind though. She was happy as she was, and she was grateful Rouge was even trying.

But right now, she wished she could talk, ask someone for help, call Rouge, because this trip was going to take a while and it was clearly going to start raining any minute. The (a/t) then got the bright idea to text her batty friend. She stopped at a bus stop, placing some items down and pulling out her phone.

'Hey... So it's going to rain and I have all these bags' (Y/N) took a photo of her luggage.

'Oh dear, don't worry help is on the way! Where are you?' Rouge responded quickly, throwing a laughing emoji at the end. It made the (a/t) smile knowing she wasn't annoyed at her predicament.

'A few blocks away, the closest bus stop outside the shopping centre' She looked around, adding, 'Across from that creepy dentist'

Rouge didn't respond, and (Y/N) took that as a sign that she was already on her way. So she took a seat on the bus stop, letting her arms have a rest from the heavy bags. She felt bad, like maybe she should keep walking and try to meet Rouge halfway, but then the rain started to fall, tapping onto the cement around the bus stop.