Knuckles X Cranky!Reader ..Period..?

So I may have said 'fuck it' and gone 3rd to 1st cause that was the order I wrote them in... So it will go Knuckles, Sonic, then Shadow because save the winner for last right? Also I haven't written it... Yeah... Anyway, enjoy!

~~~~~

Small note: You are human for the ..Period?.. Series. Mainly because Mobians are animals, and IDK what animals have periods ya know? And if any animals DO have periods, then there are animals that DON'T have periods... So yeah. Also you are from Earth. Just because :3

~~~~~

"What do you mean you don't have KFC?!" (Y/N) turned back to him.

"What's a KFC?!" Knuckles yelled back.

~~~~~~~~

It was a cliché day. The sun was out and the sky was clear, birds flew around, singing sweet songs of love in hopes to find their perfect partner. A cool breeze blew through the trees on Angel Island, and a certain red echidna was doing his daily routine.

-Another quiet day, no ruckus-

He sighed to himself, leaning on a broken post of some ruins. As much as he enjoyed the quiet, he was expecting one of his close friends to soon arrive. And she was anything BUT quiet...

He sighed at the thought of her loud voice ringing through the trees, seeing her form run out from the jungle and up the ruin stairs. It brought a smile to his face. You see, he may say close friend. But really, this girl was his crush. His BIG crush. The echidna was slightly nervous though, he had only fully accepted these feelings a week ago, and he hadn't seen the friend in that time.

Will he view her differently? Knowing he has a crush? Knuckles shrugged.

-I'll find out soon enough-

However, she didn't show. Knuckles grumbled to himself, standing and scanning the area for any intruders or visitors. No one.

"She better not be in trouble..." He mumbled, before walking down the decaying stairs of the ruins.

Now, he won't ever admit this (much like he won't admit the crush), but Knuckles was worried. His friend was never late, she was a perfectionist that was normally early, and she was meant to have been here over an hour ago. He was very worried.

Yes, worried over a human.

(Y/N) was a human from Earth, having accidentally stumbled across a Chaos Emerald, it had taken her to Angel Island, where she met a very pissed off echidna. When they first met he had yelled at her, questioning her about the Chaos Emerald and how she got her hands on it.

Knuckles still regrets scaring her off that day. But they were able to make amends and so become good friends. And hopefully more, in Knuckle's mind.

But now she was missing, being nowhere on Angel Island, or even in Station Square. All the red echidna could do was hope she was home. He knocked on her door lightly, taking in the area she lived in. It was quiet, peaceful even, and he was glad she had found such a safe neighbourhood.

Knuckles frowned and knocked again. This was unlike her. After waiting another few minutes, he tried opening the door. It swung open easily.

"Idiot... Anyone could enter and rob her." He grumbled, before walking in and closing the door behind him, "(Y/N)?"

A groan came from the kitchen and he was suddenly on alert. It sounded like she was hurt! So, he hurried to the kitchen, only to see the human laying on the floor, stomach down.

"(Y/N)?!" The echidna ran over, shaking her shoulder, "What happened?!"

She groaned again and glared up at him, "Don't touch me..."

"Why not? Are you hurt?" He huffed, before picking her up, "What are you doing on the floor?"

"Let go of me!" She yelled, kicking her feet.

"Calm down!" He growled, before carrying the struggling human to the couch, "Are you hurt?"

"No!" She whined, hitting his chest, "Stop helping!"

The echidna was beyond confused now, but nevertheless, he dumped her on the couch.

"Fine, but tell me why you were on the kitchen floor."

"It was cold! Nice on my stomach!" She yelled back.

He rubbed his head, "Why are you yelling at me?"

"Because you helped me!!" She snapped.

"I thought that was a good thing!" He finally snapped back.

"Nooo! I didn't want help!" She stopped and curled up, groaning loudly.

"Why not?! You look like you've been stabbed!" His nose twitched lightly and he felt like he had just been punched in the face, "You smell like you've been stabbed!"

"Go away!" She tried to hit him again, "Leave me alone you peasant!"

"Peasant?!" He was flabbergasted, and very insulted, "I'm your friend am I not?!"

"And get me some chicken!" She ignored him, grabbing a cushion and covering her head.

"CHICKEN?! WHY THE FUCK DO YOU WANT CHICKEN?!"

He doubled over in pain as her knee smashed into him. And by him, he didn't mean his leg or stomach ohhhhh no. Falling to the floor, the echidna curled up, whimpering quietly as the pain slowly subsided.

"Stop being a pussy and get me chicken." (Y/N) grunted, rolling onto her other side, "Then I'll give you cuddles..."

"C-Cuddles...?" He raised his head slowly.

"I meant punches you idiot." Her cheeks turned red when she realised she messed up.

"I think I'd prefer cuddles about now..." He groaned and sat up, "Fine... I'll get you chicken. Store bought?"

"No! KFC chicken!"

He blinked, "I don't think we have that..."

"I want KFC chicken!!"

"Well we don't HAVE it!"

"What do you mean you don't have KFC?!" (Y/N) turned back to him.

"What's a KFC?!" Knuckles yelled back.

"IT'S THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD HOW DO YOU NOT HAVE A KFC?!" She sat up and threw the cushion at him.

"Hey!" He caught the cushion, "Whatever a 'KFC' is, is clearly from your world, not ours!"

"Well hurry up and evolve so it exists here!"

"I don't even know what it is!!"

"DELICIOUSLY COOKED CHICKEN YOU IDIOT!!"

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW?!"

The two stopped yelling, staring at each other. Or... More like glaring. They stayed like that for a while, trying to calm themselves down before they continued to talk. This conversation was getting nowhere and Knuckles wanted answers.

"Fine... Just get me some chicken nuggets then..." (Y/N) huffed, crossing her arms, "Then I'll explain it all..."

The echidna, satisfied that he finally got somewhere, nodded, "Okay... I'll be back soon then... With some chicken nuggets."

~LATER~

"Wait... So you bleed for a week. Every MONTH?!"

"Yes..." (Y/N) huffed, eating the freshly cooked chicken nuggets, "Unless I fall pregnant... Which is not happening any time soon."

"Uh... Yeah.." Knuckles agreed, nodding quickly, "So uh... About that cuddle offer..."

"I'll punch you."

"Right. Sorry."