Vampire!King!Shadow X Wounded!Reader (Part 2)

It had been a few weeks since (Y/N) had joined Shadow in his castle, the time passing quickly as the two got to know each other. In that time, the (a/t) had learnt a lot about the hedgehog and his home. During her first night, he had shown her around, telling her about the hidden tunnels that lead to safe houses, if there were ever to be an attack, and he showed her the rooms and kitchen, the living quarters of his servants.

It was all very confusing, and Shadow reassured her that the castle had never been attacked before, because no one knew it existed. The (a/t) believed him, and she continued her stay at the castle. After explaining why those humans had been chasing her, Shadow had also suggested it, he was well aware of the humans and their greed, well aware of the things they do, even when they aren't meant to.

Yes, Shadow insisted she stay at the castle from now on, and the (a/t) happily took up that offer. There was something about him that was so captivating, she trusted everything that came out of his mouth. If he told her to jump off a cliff, she'd believe he had a plan to catch her. Boy was she hooked.

So hooked in fact, that the (a/t) had started staying up later just to spend time with him. That, the loneliness she imagined Shadow felt every night when everyone went to bed, and the fact that she was still grateful he had saved her. It was after a few nights that (Y/N) decided to stay up later, keeping Shadow company until the early hours of the morning. Most of the time she fell asleep around him and wake up in her bed. Shadow would question her every night about it, asking why he chose to stay up so late when she were clearly tired.

The (a/t) would shrug it off, tell him she didn't want to sleep, and that would usually be the end of it. But she could tell that he knew, though he wouldn't mention it again for that night. It was a sort of acceptance the two shared, that (Y/N) wanted to keep him company, and he was alright with that, as long as she looked after herself.

Currently, the two were sitting in the hedgehog's library, both nose deep in separate books, a warm beverage sat by (Y/N)'s side. Occasionally one of the two would look up at the other, smile, and go back to reading. It was a peaceful thing, a nice quiet activity to both start and end the sleeping process.

There was a rumble in the distance, and the (a/t)'s ears perked, having not expecting a storm tonight. Shadow lifted his head as well, glancing out the window at the star filled sky,

"Strange, it must be far off." Shadow said, also clearly talking about a possible storm.

And then there was a crash, and both the Mobians were now upright, books dropped. They glanced at each other, confused, before taking off for the front of the castle. Not long after the crash came a loud banging on the castle doors. This set off Shadow's defensive side, as nothing like this had happened before. He turned to (Y/N), grabbing her arm and running through the castle, until they reached a vantage point where they could see the courtyard.

"Whoa... Warn me please." The (a/t) said, wobbling slightly as Shadow threw open the windows.

"Apologies, but it looks like we have bigger problems at hand." The dark hedgehog said, glaring down at the crowd below, "Humans have found their way onto my territory."

(Y/N) shook her head, before she too looked out the window. Her eyes widened in horror at the sight of the humans that crowded the courtyard. They had broken down the large wrought iron fence and were now banging on the door, knives, smaller blades, lighters and touches in hand. They weren't here for peace, and that was clear.

"They didn't get the message." Shadow growled, before turning and taking off through the castle. (Y/N) went to follow him but couldn't hope to keep up with him. The (a/t) let out a sigh, wishing she could help, and blaming herself for this happening. If she hadn't run out here to start with, Shadow's castle wouldn't be under attack.