Metal Sonic X Mechanic!Reader - @breezy-bree

You were tinkering in your workshop with Tails. Or, it was really his workshop, you just worked in there and helped him with his inventions and other machinery. And he would help you with your own.

Machines fascinated you, you couldn't think of why, whether it was how something ticked or what it's purpose was, just the thought of fixing things filled you with joy. Heck, it was a stress-reliever. You'd spend all day in the workshop if you could, but sadly you have friends that want to drag you out of your comfy habitat.

Not that it wasn't a problem. The problem was that most of the time they were pulling you out to go on adventures, which was something you weren't very comfortable with unless you were flying a drone or controlling a robot.

Fight just wasn't you.

Fixing and creating was.

Plus, you always felt like you were in the way when being dragged into fights. You were always dodging and trying to find a place to hide so you wouldn't get blasted to bits. Normally you had no clue what you were doing.

But again, you belonged in the workshop, not the battle field. You just wished your friends understood that. You were thankful your friend Tails understood. He was similar, but a good fight using his electronics was gladly welcomed to him.

Not you, you didn't want to risk your newest creation being destroyed by Eggman, or whoever else Sonic and the group were fighting.

Speaking of Eggman, a memory came to mind. He had cornered you in the back streets of town once, requesting you joined his side.

"You won't have to fight, you can sit behind a computer and control the robots, I promise." He had smirked, a shine in his glasses, "Of course even the controlling is optional. All you really have to do is create the robots, and if you really want I can set up a control system."

You had turned him down, why would you stab your friends in the back? Although now and then you thought about the request, wishing that's how your friends could work with you.

"(Y/N)?" You hear Tails slide out from under the Tornado, snapping you out of your daze, "The screwdriver?"

"Right! Sorry Tails..." You gave a small smile and handed him the tool, "Off in my own world again."

"Ah, thinking about another invention?"

"Sort of."

"Sort of?" He tilted his head, before disappearing under the plane again.

"Yeah, what if, instead of me going out and fighting and almost dying, I created a control system here? That way I can control inventions that would be made to be destroyed without getting in danger myself." You smiled and rubbed your head, "Since, you know, I can't fight."

"That's actually a really good idea. Why haven't we thought of it before?" The kitsune started to tinker with the aircraft, "Why don't you go talk to Sonic, since he is technically our leader, and he'd need to know so you aren't dragged out for our next battle."

"Right. You'll be alright here then yeah?"

"Yeah, just leave the toolbox where I can reach it."

You nodded and did just that, before running off the find the blue hedgehog. He was chilling in his home, lazily watching TV and munching on a chilidog. You walked over and poked his shoe, causing him to lift his head.

"Hm? Oh hey (Y/N), you're out of the workshop?" He raised a brow, chuckling slightly.

"Yes. I have a question, or more an offer for you." You crossed your arms. His ears perked and he sat up, interested.