Knuckles X Memelord!Reader - @TheOnionPriest

TBH most of the references are vines but... Vines are memes right...? Eh, they're just as good and I had a lot of trouble thinking of a list of memes because a meme needs an image, a vine you can actually quote XD (my apologies if you take offence to any of the memes/jokes, they're meant as a lighthearted joke and have no intention of belittling anyone)

Also since you're basically quoting vines, this one-shot will be mostly dialogue. I'll do my best to add description where I can though so it's not too boring!

Enjoy the meminess!

The day was clear, it was cool, the air was still but the sun was only starting to rise, so it wasn't all that hot yet. The birds were waking up, tweeting and flying through the sky; their beautiful singing caused a red echidna to raise his head to the sky and smile softly.

The red echidna, known as Knuckles, was currently sitting in front of a large green rock. The green gem had mystical powers and needed to be protected, and he was the sole protector of it. Well... He used to be the sole protector of it, that was until he got a girlfriend.

(Y/N) the (a/t) was currently sleeping on her side next to the gem, having kept Knuckles company all night, she had fallen asleep sometime in the early morning. The girl was currently laying on her arm, her (h/l) (h/c) hair a mess around her face. She had her tail tucked and held her other arm to her chest as if hugging something imaginary. The girl looked to be a peace, and Knuckles had decided to let her sleep for the time being.

She woke up an hour later complaining of a sore back, and upon sitting up she let out one of her nonsense jokes;

"Ow..." She groaned, sitting up and rubbing her back, before saying in a strange tone, "I have osteoporosis..."

"You know, I still don't know what that means." Knuckles said, rolling his eyes as she shuffled over to him.

The girl placed her head on his shoulder, leaning it against his muzzle. She let out a small hum of tiredness, yawning into his neck before she offered a response.

"It means you have weak bones..." She mumbled.

"Which you don't have." He raised a brow, crossing his arms.

"Mm... No." She said, rubbing her eyes and sitting up properly.

"I still don't get why you say that every time your body hurts." The echidna shook his head at the girl, "Surely people actually suffer from that."

"Most definitely."

"Then isn't it a little insensitive...?"

"That's the joke man." The (a/t) stretched out her back, before turning and giving him a wide smile, "I really need to show you actual memes and vines one day. When are you coming back down to the surface? I don't have any service up here to show you anything."

"I'll come down when Eggman next attacks, assuming I'm needed." Knuckles said with a shrug.

"You won't come down for anything else?" The girl tilted her head.

"You know why I can't." The echidna huffed, tilting his head back against the shiny rock behind him, "The Master Emerald needs to be protected at all times. When Eggman is attacking the town, I know he won't be able to grab it."

"It's the reason you won't stay over my place for the night, or ever." (Y/N) pouted.

"We're fine around here, aren't we?" Knuckles asked, "Besides, unless you have another option, I'm staying here."

The (a/t) huffed, leaning back on the emerald as well. She looked out at the horizon, a smile spreading out over her muzzle, "Why don't you just... Yeet it away?"