Sonic X Princess!Reader - @PrincessRainbowdashy

It's tough, keeping a secret from everyone. From all your friends, from everyone you knew, from your crush. It was light a heavy weight that pressed down on your shoulders, chains wrapped around your torse, keeping you down. But... It was a secret you were destined to keep. If your friends found out about it, well they'd never look at you the same way again.

So that was why you were determined to keep it from everyone, especially your crush. If he found out, well you'd have no chance with him knowing his views on that specific topic. It was draining, but if it meant keeping your friends, you'd happily deal with whatever problems it brought.

Letting out a sigh, you leant against the large oak tree, looking down at the soft white chao in your lap. The little creature was sleeping soundly, curled up into your stomach as you gently pet it's head. It had gold tipped arms and feet, and a gold orb that floated above it's head. Some light gold tracing laid across its forehead, almost styled to be a crown.

Your eyes averted from the pattern, and you lifted your head up to take in the pale blue sky. Best not to think of your duties while you were on your weekly break. Now was the time for relaxing, spending time with the people you cared about.

The wind started to pick up, moving your hair softly as a smile pulled at your muzzle. It was such a nice, calming day.

And then the wind picked up and your hair was covering your face. You couldn't help but chuckle, pulling your hair back down from your eyes and smoothing it down,

"Hello Sonic, you're late." You said, turning your eyes to stare up at the hedgehog in front of you. He was covered in blue fur and quills, emerald green eyes shining as he stared down at you, a smile spread out over his peach coloured muzzle.

"Pfft. By like, one second." The hedgehog said, waving his white-gloved hand, "Anyway, ready to go? How's Angel?"

"She's sleeping." You said, shifting the white chao into your arms and getting to your feet. Stretching, you turned to the blue hedgehog, giving him a nod. He smiled and swooped you up off your feet, and the two of you took off into the day.

The wind surrounded you, and you held your little chao closer. The white ball was still asleep, curled up tighter in your hold. You chuckled and hugged her close. Angel was your special chao friend, she kept you company while you did your duties and hang with friends. She was like a guardian angel, hence the name.

The blue blur ran through the empty fields, glancing down at you with a questioning gaze, "So, are ya gonna tell me about work this time?"

"You know the answer to that Sonic." You said, feeling your cheek warm.

"Alright, worth a shot." He shrugged, "Though I don't know why you've gotta be so secret about it, I'm like... Your closest friend right?"

"Y-Yes, you are." You said, lowering your gaze.

The hedgehog glanced at you, slowing down, "Hey, I didn't mean anything by it. Just know you can always talk to me, okay?"

-I wish- You thought to yourself, turning to taking in the terrain. Once again you found yourself thinking about your secret, your double life as Sonic had once put it – since you never shared with them what you did when you weren't with them. Gods you wish you could just tell him, but the fear of him turning away was too much for you to take.

You let out a sigh, before realising the difference in your surroundings.

"Sonic, aren't we meant to be going to your place?" You asked, tilting your head at him.

"Yeah, we are." Sonic said, "But I wanted to show you something cool."

He didn't make eye contact, and you started to grow worried. Oh dear, what was wrong? Had you upset him? You didn't mean to. His ear twitched and he looked at you, giving a light chuckle,