Shadow X Reader (Everything Stays) - @RainbowDaisy999

It was late at night, the music blasting through the house was too loud, the mess of food and party poppers was going to be a pain the next day, and the hangovers are going to be real. But right now, that didn't matter. Everyone was partying, enjoying themselves.

(Y/N), the (a/t) was currently walking around the room, everyone that saw her stopped dancing and wished her a happy birthday. Of course that's all that was said as she thanked them and they went back to dancing.

She smiled slightly, before walking over to the food table and making sure there was plenty to keep the guests full. The punch looked low, so she picked the bowl up and walked out into the kitchen, where she brewed up some sweet drinks for everyone.

However, she found lifting the bowl a little difficult, it was as heavy as Big. How was she meant to get this back out to the table? She had Knuckle's help last time but from memory, he was laying on the couch with a cup over his nose. And everyone else would be too drunk to help.

Gotta love 18th birthday parties...

She let out a grunt however, she wouldn't be beaten by a bowl of punch. So, as the (a/t) was about to lift the bowl, she just so happened to slip, and spill it everywhere.

Pink coloured punch covered the ground, her clothes, it got stuck in her fur/scales/quills/feathers. The bowl itself shattered on the ground. Had the music not been on, the crashing of the glass would have been heard throughout the neighbourhood. But, in this case, no one heard a thing.

Except for the black hedgehog that ran into the kitchen, ears perked and a gun in hand. (Y/N) let out a groan, looking down at her soaked clothes, before sighing and standing shakily. She tried dusting the glass off, but it clung to the now pink clothing like a magnet.

Shadow saw her and sighed, putting the gun away and walking over to her.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

She jumped, which caused her to slip again. The black hedgehog caught her by the arm and pulled her back up, "What happened? Have you had too much to drink?"

He was always questioning the poor (a/t), especially when something like this happened. She sighed and shook her head, wiping her muzzle.

"The bowl was too heavy and I dropped it..."

Shadow stared at her, before shaking his head, "Why didn't you ask for help?"

"Everyone is drunk, they would have done the same thing." She lowered her gaze, unable to look the dark hedgehog in the eyes. How embarrassing...

"I wasn't drunk." Shadow stated, before he carefully led her out of the kitchen and upstairs.

"But you've been drinking."

"My alcohol tolerance is insanely high, which can be a real pain." He lead her to the bathroom, where he handed her a towel, "In some cases anyway. I have trouble getting drunk, so trust me when I say I'm not drunk now. I would never get drunk around the people in this house."

"Oh..." (Y/N) took the towel, her ears lowered, "I'm sorry then..."

"You don't need to be. Now get yourself cleaned up, I'll go clean up that mess." He went to leave, before looking back at her, "Are you alright?"

She nodded, hugging the towel close to her saturated body. He nodded as well, before leaving the (a/t) alone in the bathroom. She closed her eyes, hanging the towel up and took off the now sticky clothing. It was a quick wash before she got out, found some new clothes, and left the bathroom.

Shadow hadn't returned yet, so he had probably returned to the party. The (a/t) sighed and held her arm, that's all this was tonight, a party, not anyone's birthday. It didn't feel like a birthday. (Y/N) had been hesitant to drink, and she was glad she hadn't, it does stupid things to people.