King!Mephiles X Maid!Reader - @sanata101

It was a cool day, the castle silent, dark, no sunlight got through the windows. The halls were a hazy blue, as if the sun was just rising or setting, but it was midday. A breeze blew against the large stone walls, creating a cooling effect inside.

A (a/t) shivered as she rushed down a hall, a warm meal in hand. The smell of the deliciously cooked meat made her stomach grumble, but she knew better than to have a taste. A scar on her back taught her that lesson.

She hurried through the large building, before finally stopping outside a set of doors. The king's room. His own bedroom.

Her king had recently grown ill, so he hardly left his bed. She was unsure of the sudden illness, as her king in all his years before hand had never been sick.

Maybe that's why the entire castle was in panic, had he been poisoned? Harmed? There were rumours, but no one knew what to believe.

The (a/t) took a deep breath, before slowly pushing into the room. It was dark, the deep purple curtains stopping any light from entering. There was black mist all over the floor of the large room, most of it surrounding a shining silver bed. The (a/t) cautiously walked over to the bed, not sure if her king was sleeping, and not wanting to disturb him.

She placed the food next to his bed, before turning to leave.

A groan escaped from under the dark violet sheets, causing the (a/t) to freeze.

"Who... Goes there...?" Came a deep, rasping voice.

"I-It is only me..." The (a/t) stuttered, turning back to the large bed, "(Y-Y/N)... I apologise for disturbing you."

"(Y/N)..." He seemed to be thinking, about what?

The (a/t) stood silent, waiting for him to continue.

"Go about your day..." He mumbled, almost like a growl, and it made the (a/t) flinch. The sudden hostility had her out of the room in a flash.

What was that about?

The next few days were similar, (Y/N) took the food to the ill king, he would ponder her name, and then tell her to leave. But as she did this, she noticed that slowly his voice was returning to it's normal, creepily smooth self. Did that mean he was getting better?

The (a/t) also noticed that she was getting more and more tired. Every visit seemed to drain her of her energy, and she would start to fall asleep while doing other jobs. She had no idea why this was happening, and other maids had told her to rest now and then. They couldn't afford mistakes in this castle.

Even still, she was once again in his room, a tray of warm food in her grasp. However this time the dark king was sitting, almost as if he was waiting for her. His bright green gaze landed on her the moment she entered the room, and she lowered her own (e/c) gaze to the floor.

Once the tray of food was set in front of him, the (a/t) bowed and turned to leave, as she had every other time. But she moved slowly, expecting him to stop her.

"(Y/N)..." He stated coolly, quietly.

(Y/N) stopped as she had before, and turned to face him,

"Yes... My king?" She asked just as quietly.

He watched her for a moment, green flashing with something dark, before shaking his head, "My apologies... Go rest."

"R-Rest.. My king?" The (a/t) tilted her head, confused, "Whatever for?"

"You are unwell, I can see it." He stated, waving his hand, "Take the rest of the day off. Rest. I will see you tomorrow."

She blinked, before nodding and bowing. Once she had left the room, the (a/t) rubbed her head, running her fingers through her (h/c) hair. That was the first time she had seen him in such a long time, his sickness had lasted a long time you see. To see him sitting up, back to normal. The thought was tiring.

Her walking slowly turned to shuffling her feet against the cold stone. Her eyelids grew heavy, and she wondered how her king could have possibly known she was ill. She didn't even know!

The moment her head hit the pillow, she was unconscious.

~LATER~

"I'm sorry my little one..." (Y/N)'s ear twitched to the familiarly deep voice, "I did not wish to do this to you."

The (a/t) started to stir, her consciousness bringing her back to reality. She was about to sit up when she felt a hand gently pet her head. The (a/t) froze, wondering who could be touching her, and who had spoken.

"I wished not to pass this to you." The voice continued, "But your energy was far too addictive."

A sudden dizziness past over her and the she-(animal) let out a groan. The hand pulled away instantly, and her ears twitched as the figure stood, leaving the room. She raised her head, doing her best to stop the double vision as she tried to figure out who had walked away.

All she saw were two dark figured, before she passed out.

~LATER (AGAIN)~

(Y/N)'s (e/c) eyes snapped opened and she sat up gasping. Her chest felt tight, as if she couldn't breathe, and her eyes stung with tears.

What was going on?!

A hand rested on her arm, gently rubbing her and pushing her back onto the mattress below her. The (a/t) was still panting, clutching at her chest as she glanced around the room. She wasn't in the maid's den, no, this room was much darker, with purple curtains draped over the windows, and a silver bedframe surrounded her.

Was she in her king's room? On his bed?

Why?

"Easy..." Her head snapped to the figure sitting in a chair next to her, the room too dark to see much other than their eyes. A bright green.

"M-my..."

"Shh..." A hand rested on the back of her neck, pulling her into a fluffy chest, "Just rest (Y/N), you need it."

The (a/t) let out a sigh, shifting a little to lean into the hold. Was this her king? If so, why?

The she-(animal) had a lot of questions.

"I wish to apologise." The king said quietly, "I did not wish to bring this upon you."

"What did...?"

"Shh.. Just listen."

She nodded slowly, she had to obey him.

"I had been sick for a while." Her king stated, something she already knew, "I had no clue as to how I would get better. Most of the time I was unconscious, I thought myself dead many times in my dreams."

(Y/N)'s ears lowered slightly, she remembered the times seeing him sleeping, knowing he couldn't hear anything from the outside world. He had always been so still, so quiet, the only reason she knew he was alive was his breathing.

"One day, I came to, and I sensed your presence." He stated, "Your aura, it gave me strength. I was able to stay awake for the rest of the day."

She nodded again, this was news to her. He thought she was mad she had disrupted his sleep.

"I didn't realise it at the time, but I had started to use your energy. You were healing me." He started to pat her head, she thought there was remorse in his voice, "I didn't know I would pass the illness onto you."

"My king..." She mumbled slightly, before daring to shift her gaze to his, "I'm glad I could help. My only wish was for you to get better."

"And I have. But you have suffered greatly."

"It's a price..." She stopped, letting out a yawn, "I'm willing to pay..."

There was silence for a while as she nestled her head back into his body. The king stared down at her, a smile played in his eyes.

"And that is why I will help you in return."

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'M SORRY FOR THE SHIT ONE-SHOT BUT FUCK I WAS DEAD WITH THIS ONE BUT THE PERSON INSISTED I WOULD FIND SOMETHING SO HERE YA GO I HOPE YOU LIKE IT CAUSE I REALLY COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING.

See ya in my next chapter thing. Or something.

Haven Out!!!