A Single Rose (Silver X Reader)

Hi everyone! So, as I said in the last chapter, I have 5 more one-shots (including this one), and they're all going to be in the same theme: post-apocalyptic. I got the inspiration earlier this year when I played some game with my uni friends (idr the game sorry) but I was able to create 5 scenarios with it and I've been hella excited to write them!

This is just a little note that the rest of my uploads this year are all gonna be post-apocalyptic themed, so if you don't like this kind of story, I'm very sorry, but you don't have to read them ^^ and I'll be back to requests next year (at some point-)

Anyway that's all, enjoy the story!

Warning: Mild Gore

The sky was grey, clouded with the dust that had been kicked up from yet another building collapsing in the distance. The sun hid behind a blanket of clouds, threatening to bring rain, but not daring to touch the abandoned city. The streets were empty, plant life forcing its way through the pathways, crawling up along the pillars of buildings.

Some cars sat here or there, doors left open, already raided by whoever had gotten to them first. Animals crossed the street without a care in the world, nothing was going to come out of nowhere and hit them, not like the past. Their only fear now, were the hunters that roamed the city streets, the people that hid in decaying buildings. Those that stayed learnt how to survive, how to hunt. The weak couldn't last in this deserted town, so those that were deemed so were sent out to fend for themselves elsewhere.

Of the handful that stayed, a silver hedgehog and (f/c) (a/t) decided that they would stay together but isolate themselves from the others. The destruction of this city had done something to their comrades, had turned them wild, insane, and the two felt safer away from everyone else.

The day was bleak once again, the (a/t) sneaking through a large convenience store. The electricity had gone out over a month ago, so the isles were dark, allowing other creatures to lurk and stalk. Any food that needed freezing was already gone, what was left had gone rotten, flies buzzing around the bagged vegetables no one wanted to pick up.

Most of the shelves were picked clean as well, aside from inedible herbs and spices, cleaning products, anything that wasn't seen as important to those running wild. Of course, people only took as much as they could carry, so there were still a few things here and there, a bag of nuts, some tinned pineapple, unsalted pretzels, you get the picture.

The (a/t) worked her way through the aisles, grabbing anything that could be feasted on. When she moved on to the isle with packaged nuts, she did her best to keep her eyes on the shelves, ignoring the still, bloated body slumped below the hanging bags. She had seen it once before, having not expected to see such a sight, and though her eyes avoided it, her mind could still picture the swollen neck, the bloodshot eyes, the open bag of nuts that had caused a rash around their muzzle and bare hands.

A shiver ran down her spine as she grabbed the last plastic bag of food and beelined away as quickly as her legs would walk. That was one of the heavier problems of their current situation, a lot of people couldn't survive like this. The (a/t) and her silvery friend barely managed to get by as it was, they were thinking of shipping out and looking for something better, surely the rest of the world couldn't be like this.

"(Y/N)?" The (a/t)'s ears twitched to her name and she turned her gaze down to the next isle. A smile pulled at her muzzle and she headed over to her friend.

"Silver, find anything good?" She stood in front of a silver hedgehog, his golden eyes seemed to shine with excitement.

"I found some medication." He said, holding up some damaged boxes and bottles, "And I looked under the shelves and found a huge packet of Doritos!"