Silver X Dying!Reader (Part 2)

Silver's heart pounded in his chest, the pain from losing his closest friend, the light of his life, almost too much to bear. The city was in ruins as he walked through them, still cradling the limp form of his former partner.

He didn't know where to go, what to do with her. All he knew was that Mephiles will pay, and he will pay dearly for what he did.

The hedgehog eventually stumbled out of the city; his energy was slowly burning out as he walked to a loan tree. Once under the shaded area, the hedgehog's knees gave out and he collapsed to the ground. Tears threatened to fall once again as he rested the (a/t) against the trunk of the tree, covering his muzzle to stop the loud sobbing.

-Get it under control- The hedgehog thought to himself, -You can fix this, you know you can-

But it didn't stop the aching in his heart.

It took a while, but finally, the shaking hedgehog managed to calm down. His breathing was heavy, and the red glow on his bracelets caught his attention.

Sitting down, he saw the same red glow on his boots. It was something he had never seen nor experienced before.

"Emotions do play a part in my powers..." He mumbled, trying to distract himself, to motivate himself to get up and fight, "But will I be stronger or weaker because of it?"

He shook his head, before standing and looking around. He had to stop stalling. Otherwise what he was about to do will cause more damage to the future. Waiting around to get his act together will make it worse.

The hedgehog was glad he remembered that. But he was also glad he had taken a moment to calm down just enough to think rationally. Even if the red glow didn't disappear, even if the painful ache in his chest only grew.

Turning his gaze back to the (a/t), who appeared to simply be resting against the tree, he took a deep breath.

"I will avenge you (Y/N)... And hopefully change your fate."

He pulled out a Chaos Emerald from his quills, before closing his glowing orange eyes.

"Chaos... Control!" He shouted, and a white light enveloped him, before he disappeared.

And reappeared under the very same tree. The air smelt of smoke as he looked around, seeing the very same view he had just been accompanied by. The only difference was (Y/N) was missing.

"Good..." He stated, before a red glow appeared around him and he took off into the sky. If he was fast enough, he'd be able to save her. He'd be able to tell her how he feels, and she'll be able to hear it.

Even if dread settled in his stomach.

The hedgehog knew what the consequences of his actions will be, but he no longer cared; if (Y/N) was alive, he would happily accept anything that could happen to him.

It didn't take long to find the battle, having just being through it himself. The scene was horrifically familiar. The two heroes were struggling with a large building, the threat of being crushed was clear on both their faces.

It was strange, seeing himself from another point of view. Seeing how much he was struggling with the building, and how (Y/N) was able to help move it to a safer location, not above them.

The building landed with a loud Boom and the past Silver collapsed almost instantly.

"Silver?" The (a/t) knelt next to him, a look of concern on her face. The future hedgehog's heart twisted as she shook his former self, "Hey, come on. We need to get out of here. Don't pass out on me now."