Silver X Reader (The Big Day)

I'm updating this today because I won't be able to upload for the next two days. Enjoy guys!!!

It was a cloudy day, thunder rumbled in the distance and the wind carried through the trees. Mobians were currently heading towards a large chapel, most of them held umbrellas or large coats, covering their hair from the winds and expected rain.

They grouped inside, a slight murmur filling the large, beautiful building. It stood tall on the outskirts of Station Square, made of red stones and stained-glass windows. The ceiling was lined with an oak coloured wood, small lights making the wood seem orange while also casting off a warm glow.

People had gathered around for today; although windy and clouded; was a special day for their friend. The futuristic hedgehog known as Silver was getting married.

And he wasn't going to let this little rain stop him from having the best day ever. Even as lightning flashed, the silvery hedgehog was happy it wasn't red flames of death. He was also happy that he and his wife to be had both agreed on an indoors wedding, since they guessed it would rain.

"Man Silver, how you knew it was going to rain is beyond me." Sonic said, standing next to the excited future-hog.

The other only shrugged, a goofy grin on his muzzle, "It's how it goes for us. When I asked her out, it was raining, and our first date? Don't ask about the proposal. It was pouring that day."

"I see..." Tails said, he had taken his place next to Sonic, "That's definitely interesting..."

"So we're not surprised. We're actually glad it rained, I guess we see it as good luck now." Silver rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"Very superstitious." The kitsune nodded, "But seemingly understandable."

"Either way, I'm just glad we're inside." Knuckles huffed, still taking in the building around him, "At least it's nice and warm in here."

"Yeah, unlike out there." Sonic pointed out the door, "I wonder how the bride and brides maids are doing hm?"

"Oh dear..." Silver turned his gaze to outside, "That is definitely a problem."

"Don't worry, I'm sure the girls are figuring it out." Sonic gave the other a pat on the back, "They'll be here soon enough, so let's get into position."

The others agreed, and everyone took their place, whether it was standing next to the lucky groom or taking a seat in the small crowd. Thunder cracked through the sky, making Tails jump nervously and Silver wondered how his bride-to-be was doing.

A (f/c) (a/t) was currently rushing into the limo, holding her beautiful bouquet above her head to protect her hair. Her bridesmaids, Blaze, Rouge and Amy all followed her into the vehicle, all laughing hysterically.

"Wow, that was a rush." Rouge the bat said, fanning herself with her hand, "I thought the weather was meant to be clear today. Some day for a wedding."

"Yeah, we're lucky our hair wasn't ruined." Amy giggled, playing with the ends of her quills, "We were in that hairdresser's for hours!"

"I heard it's bad luck if it rains on the big day." Blaze sighed, looking out the car window, a gleam shone in her eyes, before she turned her attention to the bride, "If I could control the weather, I would have it cleared for you (Y/N)."

"No no girls." The (a/t) giggled, wiping some water from her muzzle, "Don't worry about it. I'd rather it rain today anyway."

"You're a strange one." The white bat shrugged, but nodded, "Though I guess knowing your romantic love story helps."

The other girls all nodded in agreement, they already knew what a rainy day meant to the (a/t); and as much as they saw it as a bummer, they knew she were over the moon. Although this was the first time it had stormed on such a special moment. Lightning flashed, quickly followed by thunder.

The storm was really close.

"How far are we from the chapel?" (Y/N) asked, her eyes watching the lightning flicker through the city.

"It's on the other side of Mobius, but don't worry, the driver knows a lot of shortcuts." Blaze said calmly, offering a smile, "You left me in charge of that, so I made sure to plan ahead."

"Thank you Blaze." The (a/t) smiled.

"And I just have to say this now." Amy piped up, looking over the bride, "I love your dress!"

Meanwhile, the boys were all waiting patiently inside the chapel, the crowd chattering amongst themselves and the groom and groomsmen to each other. Silver was starting to get nervous. He knew the bride was traditionally late, but the storm was getting stronger, and the roads were most likely slippery.

Knuckles could sense his stress, however, and gave him a hefty pat on the shoulder; the hedgehog stumbled forward slightly from it,

"Don't worry Silver, she'll get here." He said, though the words gave the silvery hedgehog no reassurance.

People were starting to get restless, looking around and out the door for signs of the bride. Had something happened to her? Why was she so late?

Lightning crashed outside, and Tails nearly jumped into Sonic's arms; the poor kitsune was shaking in his shoes. Silver gave him a thumbs up, and the fox returned it, although his hand quivered. The storm was right above them by now, thunder rumbled as if the planet were hungry.

More time passed, and no one else arrived. Silver was getting restless, worried. Was (Y/N) okay? He knew she was coming, knew she wouldn't just abandon him. The only reason she wouldn't show is if she was in trouble.

"I need to go look for her." The hedgehog said, "They should be here by now."

"Silver wait." Sonic grabbed his arm, "It's a storm out there, you'll probably find they're just stuck in traffic, wait it out a little bit longer okay?"

"No, I've waited long enough." The futuristic hedgehog pulled from the other's grasp, flying out of the chapel.

Only to stop short in front of (Y/N).

The (a/t) blinked, stepping back in surprise, the other girls bumping into her.

"Silver?" She asked, tilting her head, "What's wrong?"

"Y..You were taking..."

She offered a small smile, "Just some traffic, we're alright. Blaze's driver thought we were heading to a different chapel."

The hedgehog smiled, before his shoulders sagged, "Okay... Guess I'll go back inside huh?"

"I'm wearing a white dress in the rain, please get back inside before it gets too wet."

"Gotcha." He chuckled, before flying back inside. After giving everyone the thumbs up, the music started and in walked the bridesmaids.

Amy, Blaze and Rouge all wore golden dresses, the fabric cutting off at their ankles and showing off shiny heels from each girl. They all walked down the aisle, taking their places and waving at the boys on the other side.

And then the bride walked in, her hair slightly damp and frizzy from the rain. Her dress, although a little wet, still flowed behind her beautifully, the top wrapping around her neck and down her front to her hips, before flowing out behind her.

Silver smiled wide as she joined him at the altar, taking her hands gently in his own. The ceremony commenced and the priest gave his speech. The vows were passed and finally, the two leant in for a big kiss. The crowd cheered as the two parted, and Silver rested his head on (Y/N)'s,

"I was worried for a moment you know." He said, only for her ears, "I started to think the rain was a bad sign..."

"But, as always, it was perfect." The (a/t) giggled, before kissing him again, "Now lets hope the honeymoon isn't all rain and thunderstorms. I'd actually like to go to the beach."

"Heh... Yeah..." He smiled, "Guess we'll find out, right?"

"I guess we will."