Ai's Wicked Tongue

"Come again tomorrow. We are close." Ai said again as she looked at her nails. Her bored tone caused the girls to become even more angry and frustrated.

They soon began to pound the door and kick it, as if the thick dark sandalwood door would break and fall from their puny strength.

"Open up or you'll surely regret it!" They shouted once again.

"The only thing you'll regret is how much your feet and hands will hurt tomorrow morning from trying to damage the door. Should there be any damages, we'll send you the bill that needs to fix the door." Ai said as she stretched.

The four men looked on with a smile on their face. They were enjoying the play that was happening in front of them.

"Lady Ruby!" One of the girls said. "Are you just going to let these low commors treat you this way! Do they not know you are the Prime Minister's legitimate daughter and they still dare to say no to you?"

"Ladies." Ai said as she sat on the windowsill and stared at the four ladies. "It doesn't matter who you are, even if you're the Queen herself. When Baozhai Restaurant is close. Baozhai Restaurant is close. Besides...."

Ai said as she looked at the four ladies carefully. "What is the daughter of Prime Minister Lee, the daughter of High Merchant Carter, the daughters of General Brookside out so late? Aren't you ladies of high standing with virtuous and clean reputations? What would the people say about you four ladies out and about so late, without guards, without maids or nurses at your side to watch over you? What trouble you Ladies would get into and ruin your reputation. Were you meeting your lovers tonight and didn't want witnesses? Were you gambling? Or were you hiring prostitutes?"

Ai yawned at them loudly as if they weren't worth her time. "Say, Duke Ju Long, what do you think these Ladies of high standing are doing so late out at night?"

The four ladies screamed out in horror when they heard the spiteful girl ask Duke Ju Long. They have come there for the very same reason. They have traveled all around the city to find the Duke so they could get a look at him and hope for an introduction. Once they did, they would be acquainted and they could flirt with him and try to get him to marry one of them. However, now that the hateful girl suggested that they were not virtuous, but dirty women, they feared the worst that he'll think the same way as the girl.

"Duke Ju Long! It's not what you think!" Ruby said as she tried to look at the window that was halfway covered with the bamboo curtain. "We were just hungry and have heard a lot about this place and wanted to try it out. We were not meeting lovers, or hiring prostitutes, or doing anything unladylike. You must believe us."

Ju Long stayed quiet, not caring for their explanation. What do any of them have to do with him or his Wife? Nothing! So he didn't need to care about them. He found his Wife and he was going to do everything in his powers to win her over. So anything that didn't involve his Wife, he didn't care.

"Duke Ju Long!" Bema said. "Please believe us! That hateful girl has just slandered us! We demand justice!"

"Demand justice!?!" Ai said as she laughed. "Is it not past your bed time? Did you guys bring any bodyguards? Did you guys bring any maids or Nurses? Did you guys not take any precaution to ensure your reputation would not get ruin? Did you not come here when you know it is late at night, trying to find a man? Ha! Demand justice for what? For being so dumb!"

Sya smiled as she came from the kitchen wiping her hands. Ai had always had a wicked tongue. Anyone who made her mad or disrespected her would have to bare the brunt of Ai's verbal lashing.

"Why don't you ladies come back tomorrow with the Inspector of Police and demand justice then? Why, we have four witnesses here to your lewd behavior and unladylike etiquette! We should let your parents know, just what kind of a daughter they raised that they would throw everything they learned since they were a child so they could chase men as if they worked in the Red Lantern Ally!"

Ai just called them hollaring whores. Sya giggled and covered her mouth as her eyes shined brightly.

"Why you!" Ruby started to say, but was pulled back by Bema.

"Lets go!" Bema whispers. "We don't want to look even more guilty in front of Duke Ju Long. We'll deal with those bitches tomorrow!"

The four ladies left together in a hump.

"Be careful on your way home." Ai said as she watched the four figures walk away. "You wouldn't want any misfortunate things happen to you, seeing you ladies have no one to ensure your purity."

The four ladies shirked in anger as they ran to their carriage. They swore to come back tomorrow to pay Baozhai Restaurant back ten fold for embarrassing them in front of Duke Ju Long and suggesting that they were out and about in the middle of the night doing horrible things.

"Wife. You should smile more. You look absolutely stunning." Ju Long said as he stood up to walk towards his wife. "Your eyes shined brightly like the stars and Husband got lost in them. Your smile captured Husband's soul. How are you going to take responsibility of Husband now?"

But before Ju Long could come within arms reach of Sya, there was a sword that stopped Ju Long in his tracks. The sword was placed right on Ju Long's neck that shined a cool icy white as it vibrated power.

"Drink your wine and leave." Sya warned him. "I am not your wife."

Ju Long smile at his charming wife. "Wife is also very strong martial fighter! How wonderful! With such a strong mother, this father would have strong sons and daughters! Hahahahaha!"

Ju Long laugh loudly as he steps back. "Ah! Wife you are so surprising to Husband! Husband likes Wife very much! Wife is like an onion! With each layer that is peeled back, Wife becomes so much more charming and brilliant!"

Ju Long goes back to his table and drinks the wine. With the disturbance of the ladies and the four men still drinking their wine, Sya and Ai goes back to work, cleaning the restaurant for the next day.