Arnessa (3)

The whole arena floor lit up in a vine design.  Sya had taken the time to set up her trap while Janu and Arnessa attacked her, the floor lit up and bound Arnessa and Janu in their place.  The vines came up from the ground and wrapped itself around Arnessa and Janu.  It wrapped around their arms and brought them down to their sides, binding them to their bodies.  It also bound Janu to the side of Arnessa’s head.  Janu squirmed trying to release herself, however to her horror, she couldn’t move.  The vines started to absorb their qi, causing her to be weaker and weaker by the moment.

“You wretched girl!  How dare you!”  Arnessa cried out in anger.  If she had her full powers, she would not be in this predicament.  She would have already captured Sya’s soul and brought it down with her to the underworld.  However, with only half of her powers and using up most of it already, she was just as weak as Janu.

How could she, the Queen of the Underworld, fall for the same trap as Janu?  How could she just let Sya get away with killing her the moment she was brought back to the world of the living.

“You think you can defeat me?”  Arnessa snarled at Sya.  “I’m Arnessa, the Queen of the Underworld!”

“Oh?  Is that who you are?”  Sya said as her mask finally broke and a smile was shone through.  “I didn’t really care to know who you are when you came out and I don’t care to know it now.”

“You can’t beat me.”  Arnessa cried out again as she used the rest of her powers to break the vines that held her together. Arnessa’s aura glowed black before covering the vines.  The vines slowly started disintegrating as the black qi infused itself inside of it.

“Hahahaha!”  Arnessa laughed as the vines began to fall.  “Do you think these vines will hold down a demon!”

Sya’s smile widen larger at Arnessa.  “Finally, a real fight I can look forward to.”

Arnessa suddenly stopped laughing as she realized that Sya was serious.

“Come at me if you dare!”  Arnessa screamed.

Since Arnessa was stuck in the containment circle that Janu drew out.  With her lower body that was still stuck in the underworld, she was unable to move.  Janu’s vines had also disappeared when Arnessa unleashed her dark aura.  Janu landed on Arnessa’s shoulders and held on as Arnessa unleashed her attack.

From the ground came four shadowed hands filled with dark qi.  It rose up from the ground, trying to catch Sya.  Sya flew up and flew between the shadow hands, dodging every hand.  Sya knew that if were caught she would be in great trouble.  

Sya unleashed her white qi sword and slashed through the shadow hand that was reaching out of her.  The white qi sword cut through it smoothly and created a space for Sya to fly through.  Whipping her sword and her body around and around, she created a small whirlwind around herself as she cut down on the hand that reached for her next.  

While defending herself from the shadowed hands, Arnessa was fighting off the vines that kept on regenerating and kept on tying itself on to Arnessa and Janu.  Janu was standing on Arnessa’s shoulders as she fought the vines.  She didn’t want to get caught in them as well for fearing that she would get more of her energy sucked out of her.  

With every one vine that was cut, two grew in its place.  Soon due to Janu’s panic state and her mistake, the vines multiplied over and over until there was a bed of vines that surrounded them, causing them to be unable to keep up with defending themselves.  Slowly but surely, they were subdued once again by Sya’s vines.  Arenessa's lack of qi couldn't keep up with the growing vines and dealing with Sya with the four hands fighting her.

In the meanwhile, Sya had broken through one hand already with her whirlwind.  She created a containment seal with her sword and hand, while slashing through another hand to pass through it.  Once the seal was ready, she launched it on to another hand that was trying to help Arnessa and Janu free themselves from the vines.  

Once the seal hit the hand, there was a loud booming noise along with smoke as it burnt the dark shadow hand and turned it into vapor, sending it back to where it came from.  Arnessa screamed once again in frustration as she tried harder to escape the pesky vines.  But no matter how much she struggled, she could not escape her confines.   She did not have enough qi to disintegrate  the vines again. While Janu was completely held down by the vines that tighten its hold around her and tie her closer and tighter to Arnessa’s neck.

Sya soared over and under the two shadow hands that kept reaching for her.  Everything that it touched, from the arena floor to the vines, melted from it’s touch, like acid burning through everything.

Sya knew that should she keep the fight going on longer, she would lose more than half of her qi that she had stored inside of her.  The only reason why she lasted so long in the first place was that the moment she stepped on to the Arena of Blood, she set out her trap, which would absorb and the qi from whoever stepped inside of it.  

So the moment Janu stepped on the stage, Sya started syphoning Janu’s qi into herself.  When Arnessa came through the portal, from the underworld, Sya also took Arnessa’s qi as well.  But fighting four hands and keeping up the the qi that her trap needs to keep the trap going was wearing her qi down quickly.  

Sya knew she had to beat at least one more hand before she would go in for the kill.  So she raised her hand and flicked her white qi sword once, and her sword grew not only longer but wider as well.  It was twice her size, but she wielded it with ease.  Sya sliced the shadow hand once with her large claymore, but it made 200 cuts into the shadow hand and cut though it as well.  If the hand was real, it would have become mince meat, but instead the hand disappeared.   

Sya flew forward towards Arnessa and Janu with all her speed, she was a streak of white qi across the sky as she made her way towards them.  When she was close enough to range, she threw her claymore towards them.

The last hand reached up to block the qi claymore, but it passed straight through it’s hand and didn’t stop.  The claymore flew with precision as it flew towards it’s target.  

Arnessa used all her strength to dodge the claymore that was used as an arrow and was only able to move slightly to the right. The claymore flew pass her, only grazing her neck as it passed by her.  

“Hahahaha!”  Arnnessa taunted Sya.  “You thought you could defeat me!  You thought you could kill me!”