Thoughts

Ju Long quickly kissed her cheek when Sya was silenced by his words.  She had men confessed to her before about her beauty, about her talents, about her virtues.  But every time they confessed, she felt they weren't sincere at all towards her.  They only wanted her for her beauty.  Or her power.  Her connection to her father.  

But while listening to the serious Ju Long confess his sincere feelings towards her, she felt butterflies inside of her stomach.  As soon as he confessed and quickly gave her a kiss on her cheek, he leaves here sitting dumbfoundedly at the table.  

"Lady Sya."  Ai said as she sat down across from Sya.  "That Duke Ju Long is not too bad, huh! I think Lady Sya and Duke Ju Long matches well."  

Sya snapped out of her trance and raised her eyebrow at Ai, questioning her words.  

"This maid has done some research, do you want to know about Duke Ju Long?  Do you want to know why I think him worth of my Lady?" Ai said as she quickly poured the hot tea for Sya.  "Duke Ju Long is pitiful.  Do you know that?" 

Even if Sya didn't want to know about Ju Long, Ai told her anyway.  

"His mother died when he was three years old.  Poisoned by his father's favorite concubine.  His father neglected him after his mother died, leaving him to be raised by his grandfather.  His grandfather doted on him.  Raised him well. But he is a stern and strict man. From a young age he had a martial teacher, a literary teacher, a tactics teacher, mathematics teacher, a calligraphy teacher... well, you get the idea.  He had so many teachers growing up!  From sun up to sundown, it was filled with teachers teaching him.  He had no time to be a kid.  No time to play with other kids.  He had to grow up fast, and he did.  By age 14, he is the youngest person to win the Trial By Fire Tournament, where the King bestows a Tiger Seal to the winner.  The winner gets the Tiger Seal.  Those who holds a Tiger Seal is considered a General.  The winner of the Tiger Seal will get 40,000 soldiers that they are in charge of.  Every year for the past 8 years, Duke Ju Long has won every Trial By Fire Tournament.  His army that he controls is now 320,000 strong!  No one holds that much power except Duke Ju Long!  He is a very capable person, Lady Sya!"  

Sya listened to her chatty maid and friend continue talking.  "I think Duke Ju Long may seem like a bright and happy man, but I think behind that bright man, is a lonely man.  Think about it Lady Sya.  His mother died when he was young, his Father, practically threw him away for his favorite concubine and they too have a son together that his Father dotes on.  He had to grow up quickly under the circumstances and never had a chance to be a child without worries, so he pretends to be one now, as a shield to deflect how he really feels inside. Lady Sya, I think that because he never had a mother figure in his life, he will always have that wound.  I think, your food help healed that wound.  That is why he is so attached to you.  That is why he chases you.  Because it must have reminded him of a mother's love that he never had.  That he only faintly remembers." 

Ai wipes the tears that has fallen down her eyes. "The three Sirs were talking to me in the kitchen when I was bossing them around.  They told me that Duke Ju Long is really serious about you.  He really didn't eat anything today.  He said the other foods taste like ash to him, so when he said that he will only eat your food, he really meant it.  They told me that Duke Ju Long had a lot of things to do today, but he rushed everything so he could be here tonight to see you and eat your food.  They told me that Duke Ju Long is also preparing for his Grandfather's 90th birthday so he is really busy, so he forgets to eat, but when he remembers to eat, he only wants to eat your food.  So he always rushes here to eat."

Ai stood up and backed away five steps before bowing to Sya.  "Forgive this servant for doing too much, but this servant must say what is inside this servant's heart."  

Ai kept her head down as she kept on talking.  "Lady Sya, please really consider Duke Ju Long and his feelings towards you.  Should you feel as if he is someone you can like and learn to love, please do not hold yourself back and let yourself love him in return.  But if you feel that he is someone you cannot accept, please let him know, so he will stop chasing you.  It is not fair to him, if you do not feel the same way. Please forgive this servant for speaking too much." 

"You can return early tonight, Ai."  Sya said as she sighed heavily.  "Please do not bow to me in the future.  You do not need to bow to me ever again if you don't want to."  

"This servant was once your servant and will always be your servant.  There is no changing that.  This servant is bound to you, through hell and heaven.  Through life and death.  This servant is yours to do and command  as you wish, from the first day until the last day."  Ai retold her oath to Sya before bowing again and leaving Sya alone.  

Sya went over to the counter and grabbed a wine jug and a clean cup.  She poured herself a cup of wine and drank through the night, thinking things through.  

She didn't find Ju Long as repulsive as the other men who confessed to her in the past. Since coming to this plane of existence, everyone has been calling her a calamitous beauty.  One who is destined to be alone forever.  At first she didn't mind it, but it has been five years since they ran away from her Demon Father and now she hates it when they call her that.  She is not a young blushing maiden any more, at the age of 26, she is now considered an old maid.  There was never anyone in the past five years that caught her attention.  But when Ju Long started chasing after her, she found it annoying and yet, she found him cute and charming.  

Because he is the first person to chase after her, she doesn't know how to react to him except deny him.  The foreign feelings inside of her confused her because she didn't know what those feelings are and what those feelings means.  

If she really hated him, she would have destroyed him the moment he called her 'his wife'. Instead, she tolerates him and his shamelessness. Why is that?  And today, while she was cooking, she found him to be cute like a cat.  She couldn't deny that he is a handsome man, that he caught her attention when he walked inside of her restaurant. Should she explore where his chasing will lead them or should she tell him to move on?