No More

Sya watched The Creature’s eyes which was once lit up in happiness change into fear.   The pressure that once held Sya in place, now overcame The Creature and table have turned.   The four tentacles that were once absorbing Sya’s powers was the connection Sya needed to absorb The Creature’s powers and qi.  The Creature’s did not realize that once she attached herself to another person to absorb their qi, soul, or powers, it was a two way street.  Not just one.  

Through The Amethyst Stone, Sya’s abilities grew. Causing her dantians to enlarge and store The Creature’s qi and powers.  She could have collected The Creature’s soul, however Sya didn’t want to carry along with her the soul of an unknown entity.

The sea that surrounded her began to to drain and disappear.  The Creature could only flop down to the ground as she was unable to stand or walk on land.  Her whole body was weak as she watched her skin dry up.  The once beautiful yet terrifying entity that she was, is now a dried up squid.  

Her once long, lush dark green seaweed hair was chopped up into different lengths.  Eight of her tentacles were cut off. Her powers were being sucked dry from her body, taking along with it her beauty and youthfulness.  

How could she end up in this situation?  She was so close to succeeding.  How could she be the one who was dying and not Sya.  Her cold red eyes met Sya’s black eyes with a red ring around it and her whole body shivered in fear and understanding.  For a moment, behind Sya’s black eyes, the red ring of a phoenix’s fire shined brightly.   

From the day that The Creature chose Sya to be her host.  The phoenix also secretly gave some of it’s magical powers to Sya.  Sya was the phoenix’s chosen one as well.  The chosen one to defeat The Creature.  When The Creature forcefully infused The Amethyst Stone into Sya, the power the the phoenix left inside of Sya infused with The Amethyst Stone and the phoenix’s powers became one again.

It was the phoenix’s plan all along. The Creature’s creation was the cause of her death.  Just like Zion.  They died by the hand of those they created.  Regret filled her heart as it slowly beat to a stop.  She spent 5000 years, using the ambition of men to become her puppets so they could gather souls for her to become stronger.  5000 years of siphoning the phoenix’s powers into The Amethyst Stone. 5000 years of not being able to walk on land.  5000 years of dreaming of the day she would walk on land and cause chaos in the world, ruling over land and sea.  5000 years… were all for nothing.

Sya watched at the red eyes of The Creature turn dull and lifeless, before unraveling herself from the seaweed and pulling the tetacles away from her body.  Sya flicked her wrist and her white qi burned The Creature’s body into a crisp before it became ash.  

Now that she has The Creature’s powers, she now was the only person who could control the wind, the sea, and the island.  Quickly she changed her surroundings, causing the scenery to change.  To Sya’s left laid Thorvald, Tomaotsu, Hong, Ai, Zise, and Dianqing.  To her Right was Ju Long, Yuki, Ki, Midori and Lan Se.  

All of them were lying on the ground.  Their bodies cool and stiff.  Sya’s heart hurt so much.  This was the reason why she left them behind.  This was the reason why she came willingly to Blackmire Island.  Because she didn’t want her loved one’s to die because of her.  

Tears poured down her eyes as she picked them up one at a time, to line them up in a row.  She would brush their hair backs and touch their faces as if to remember them inside of her heart forever.  She saved Ju Long for last as she couldn’t bring herself to touch him.  Because if she did, she would know that it was real.  That Ju Long was dead.  That this all wasn’t a dream.  

Sya looked down at Ju Long for a long time before crouching down to cup his face.  Cold to the touch, Sya cried out in heartache.  Her shameless husband, who called her Wife the moment he met her could no longer say that simple word to her.  

Sya’s body lost all strength as she hugged him, burying her head between his neck and shoulder as she sobs her heart out.  Her Shade Hunters.  Her Ai.  Her three loyal guards.  Her husband.  They were all gone  She was alone.  She had no one.  She had nothing.  She would become nothing along with them.  

Sya didn’t know how long she cried over Ju Long’s body.  His body was as cold and hard as her heart.  The only thing of value on her was The Amethyst Stone.  She wanted to have something of hers on them when she lights all their bodies on fire with her qi.  She wanted apart of her to be with them so when they reincarnated, they would be able to find each other again.  Her Shade Hunters and Ai’s death hurt her the most after Ju Long.  They came into this world, the same day together, they will leave this world, the same day together. She broke The Amethyst Stone into twelve parts and placed it on their chest.  

Sya looked over them one last time, before laying down next to Ju Long.  Her head rested on his shoulder as her arm wraps itself around him.  Tears falling down her eyes as she had no more reason to live for.  

Sya closed her eyes as she swallowed her sobs.  Her friends and her Husband were waiting for her on the other side.  She would have no more reason to cry.  She would be joining them soon enough.  Without another word, Sya unleashed the qi inside of her and lit them all on fire with her qi.  A white qi light, as bright as the sun, could be seen for miles.  

She would be no more, along with them, she thought as the white qi fire engulfed them.

*******

A/N ANOTHER WRITING DAY FOR ME!  YAY, US!  THE END IS COMING SOON WITH ONE LAST FINAL ARC.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE AND YOUR SUPPORT.  -PTD