Milano

Who would have thought that the new Lady Wei did not take over the management of the Wei Estates. She let Head Steward Senyi keep handling all the affairs inside of Wei Estates. Rumors of Lady Wei rose up like a wave as she left everyday in the morning and did not come back home until late at night.

She would leave before Ju Long had to go to court, however they always came back together at night which lead others to believe that Ju Long let his new wife play from morning to night and did not have a problem with her going out. It wasn't that he didn't say a word to Lady Wei about her unladylike behavior, but it was because he couldn't.

With her new reputation of being hot headed and quick to fight, they believed Ju Long was too much in love with the calamitous beauty that he would overlook her faults.

Sya's reputation quickly fell lower and lower with each passing day. She did not greet Hideo and the Elders every morning, like a good Granddaughter-in-law. She did not spend time with them, nor did she compliment them.

However, no one complained of her blatant disrespect towards them. The calamitous beauty had all the Elders, the Head of Wei and Duke Ju Long under her spell. If they didn't say anything to their new Lady of Wei, how could anyone else?

Sya had gone back to opening up Baozhai Restaurant and cooking there again. She had missed her kitchen, her restaurant and the sense of accomplishment and enjoyment of doing something she loves. With all the scars around her heart, and the wall she built around herself, seeing the customers come in and eat her food, made her feel human again.

During her week off work, she closed down Baozhai Restaurant so she could spend time with Ju Long. Her Seven Shade Hunters have been going to seedy drinking establishments to try and get any rumors on her Demon Father. Three weeks after she opened her restaurant back up, they finally heard rumors of the Demon Master and his Demon Forces. Two days ago they finally caught word of his Demon Forces on the move towards Vulean City. Not only that, but he had sent his most beloved son, Milano.

Milano and Sya were only two years apart. Sya took a liking to Milano because his courtyard was next door to hers. So every time they trained, it felt like they were going through the hellish training together. They had times where they would speak to each other from their side of the wall. They told each other secrets and have helped each other in the Arena of Blood. They spoke of their hardship, their dreams, and their loneliness. There were times where they would lay down next to the courtyard wall and watch the stars shine brightly as they fell asleep. And by the grace of the Gods, they were never put in the arena together.

It was Milano who helped her, Ai, and her Seven Shade Hunters escape. He drew their Demon Father's attention away from her long enough for them to implement her plan and escape.

And now, he and the Demon Force was on their way to find her, capture her, and bring her back to hell.

Her Seven Shade Hunters have been gone for two days. They have not sent any word to her and her heart was feeling anxious. So she threw herself into her cooking and made food as Ai took care of the customers.

At the end of every night Ju Long would come to the restaurant and eat her cooking. He would wait for her at his table and wait until the restaurant close so they could go home together. He didn't mind waiting for her. He loved watching her work. He loved smelling the amazing dishes she cooked. He loved eating the food she made even more. But most of all, he loved her, truly and completely.

At the end of every night, when all the cleaning was finished and the kitchen closed. The six of them, along with Thorvald, Yuki and Tamotsu, would walk out of Baozhai and wait for Ai to lock the door before going back to the Wei estate.

That night after washing up and getting ready for bed, Sya's heart was feeling uneasy. She knew something was not right.

"Wife." Ju Long said as he dried his hair with a towel. Sya had been more quiet than usual and he could see that her eyes looked worried. Her mind was constantly somewhere else. He didn't want to pry until she was ready to tell him what was going on, but seeing how restless she is, made him restless as well. "Is everything okay?"

Sya was just about to turn to Ju Long and tell him what was wrong, but from the corner of her eyes, there was a shadow that suddenly stood in the middle of the courtyard.

Sya flicked her head back and saw before her, a familiar silhouette standing under the moonlight. He was taller, more muscular, and had a more deathy aura that surrounded him.

Ju Long was suddenly by her side with his sword in hand. He stood ready to protect Sya as he scanned the rest of the courtyard to see if there was anyone else who infiltrated inside of their courtyard, by passing their guards.

"Is that anyway to welcome your brother-in-law, Duke Ju Long?" Milano said as he stared down at the man beside Sya's side. His voice carried a cold tone, but it rang clear and loud.

"I'll welcome you, if only you come in peace." Ju Long said as his eyes harden at the man who called him brother-in-law. The man put up his hands, as if to show them that he came there in peace. But they could see the sword that hang next to his side. It vibrated with strength as it called out for blood.

"I only came here to talk." Milano said as he stopped right before Sya and Ju Long. "Long time no see, Sya."

"Em." Sya responded. Although she momentary lost herself in her memories, she stood ready to protect Ju Long, should Milano attack him. Ju Long had wormed his way inside her heart and she could feel herself changing, back into a human again. Not just a killing weapon that she was raised to be. Shayna's memories have started to come back to her as well. Sya could remember what it felt like to laugh, to love, to live through Shayna's memories. It was because of those memories, that she started to begin to want more with Ju Long. It gave her a sense of hope that she once thought she could never have. But with Ju Long, anything was possible.

"What brings you here?" Sya asked, although she already knew the answer.

"Father has sent me to bring you back." Milano said coldly.

**********
Author's note:

Quick reminder, this book is unedited with grammer/spelling mistakes. Please forgive me. -ptd