Head Of Wei

A knock on the door interrupted the group of men who were sitting around a large table. Around the table are three generations of Wei. The Head of Wei Clan, Hideo Wei. Ju Long, his father, Ken and Ju Long's half brother from Ken's favorite Concubine, Naoko.

The four of them were in the midst of arguing about the next head of the Wei Clan and have been for the last couple of days. As always, Ken wants his beloved son, Naoko to be the Head of the Wei Clan, while Hideo wants Ju Long to be the Head of the Clan.

"Naoko is more suited to be Head of Wei." Ken argued. "Everyone knows Naoko. Everyone loves Naoko. He has great leadership skills and great communications skills. Just look at him!"

Ken began to praise his looks. Naoko was tall and slim. His pearl skinned body shined when the sunlight hit his skin. It contrasted with his dark brown hair and emerald green eyes. His full pouty lips smiled in respect towards his grandfather, but truthfully, he couldn't stand the old geezer. No matter what he did, it was never good enough for Grandpa Hideo. He was constantly compared to his half brother, Ju Long. And how far he fell short to Ju Long.

"Naoko is the most handsome man in Vulean City." Ken said as he smiled proudly. "Naoko is not only a skilled scholar, he will be taking the government test this summer and be placed at first place. With his skills, he'll raise up the Wei Clan's reputation! Every prosperous family wants to marry their daughter to my son! We can pick and choose which family we can align to our family."

"What a load of shit!" Hideo said as he scoffed at Ken and Naoko. "Why would we need to align any family to ours? We only need Ju Long and we are already standing tall. You think those family want to marry your son because of his handsome looks? Its because of my Ju Long that us Wei can live so freely with our head held up high, our chest out and our back's straight. It's because of my Ju Long's sacrifice to protect this country that we, Wei can have such an honor to walk out those door to everyone bowing towards us. It's because of my Ju Long that we hold the Tiger Seal and have won the Trial By Fire Tournament 8 years in a row. It's because of MY JU LONG that we live so peacefully, eat to gluttonously, wear such fine clothes, and maintain our estate with so much servants and guards! It is because of my Ju Long that we are where we are today because of his talents, his hard work and sacrifice. Only Ju Long can protect our Wei Clan."

Hideo drank down his tea in one full movement, drinking the contents down in one gulp. "As for your argument of everyone knowing Naoko and loving Naoko, what a joke. The whole country knows my Ju Long. The whole country loves my Ju Long. Why should I wait for Naoko's results at the government test when we already have someone who is successful and capable here already? Who cares of your Naoko is the most handsomest man in Vulean City? My Ju Long is just as handsome if not more because of his muscles, his skills, his talents and his success. As the Head of the Wei Clan, I say my heir is Ju Long. There is no more arguing about this decision. This has been set in stone since the day I took Ju Long into my home and raised him in my image."

"Father!" Ken yelled. "I will talk to the elders about this! We will put it to a vote!"

"Go ahead. They will agree with me." Hideo said as he brushed them off. "Besides, Naoko is 22 years old, he has no accomplishments so far. He should have taken the government test at 16 years old, if he wanted to become the Head of Wei. Instead you indulged him for too long. Not only does Naoko have rumors of him ruining young noble maidens and practically living at the Red Lantern Alley, he also has those large amount of gambling debts you have been secretly been paying off with your minister wages. Did you think I didn't know about the going ons in my own family? Ha! I would rather our Wei Clan die by my hands then give it to such a useless person."

Ken slammed his hand on the table and stood up. "How dare you, Father, speak about my son that way!"

"What?" Hideo said looking bored and unaffected. "Your son knows nothing but chasing skirts and wasting money. Why will I hand off my Wei Clan to such a person. If you think he is such a great person, then prove me wrong. Win first at the government test. Become a first rate minister. Serve your King well and rise up through the ranks. And maybe in 30 years we can talk about Naoko becoming Head of Wei."

Ken was about to say something when a knock on the door interrupted them.

"Come in." Hideo said.

The guard comes inside and bows before telling them why he is there. The moment Ju Long sees the green and gold packages, he stands up and receives the packages and the sandalwood badge from the guard.

Behind the door, stands Thorvald, Yuki and Tamotsu. Their ears pick up the conversation and they look at each other in happiness for their Master, then in pity for the guard. Thorvald steps forward to receive the two packages as Ju Long holds the Baozhai badge in his hand as his thumb rubs the lily flower over and over.

"You dare turn away my Wife!" Ju Long said coldly. His silent anger wraps around everyone as they freeze when they heard his words. "My Wife came to see me and drop off some food for me and you turn her away!"

A heavy pressure descends onto the guard, causing him to kneel. His whole body shakes as his nose starts to bleed. This large qi pressure slowly starts to crush his body.

"Forgive me." He cries out. "I was just following protocol."

"You should have found someone to give me the badge first. You should have waited to see if I say yes or no. If you would have done that, I would have told you to invite my Wife in!" Ju Long said clearly.

"Ju Long." Hideo said sternly, but he had a smile on his face. "He did not know. Do not kill him, he is a good guard."

"You insulted the future Lady of Wei. 50 marshal whips to remind you to never do so again. And to warn others, that when my Lady Sya comes, she can enter the Wei Estate without an invitation! For she is my Wei bride and my people." Ju Long said as the pressure begins to lighten up. "Disrespect my Wife again, and I'll kill you or anyone else that slights her!"