Promises

Sya's movements were too fast and concise for Ai to react.  Within a matter of seconds and unbeknownst to her and Milano, blood has spilled inside Flowing Wind Courtyard.  And that blood did not belong to Ju Long as Ai and Milano had thought it would be.  Milano had pushe Sya into a corner, threatening her with the blood of innocent if she didn't kill Ju Long.  However the blood belonged to Milano as he held the ice cold qi sword that had plunged straight through his heart.  A flow of red blood had seeped out of the side of his mouth as he looked at Sya with a surprise look on his face.  Never would he have thought she would raise a blade against him.  Especially since they shared so many memeories together as young children and since he helped her escape their Demon Father. 

"You should of just turned your head the other way when you found me."  Sya said as she looked at her dying brother.  "You should have just gone back to our Father and told him I died and bring the bones of a dead person to him as evidence of my death.  You should never have come and try to push me into a corner that you thought I couldn't escape from.  Now, you'll pay for the trouble that you have caused me.  Have you forgotten, that I too was raised in that hell hole?  That I too have killed our siblings without blinking an eye?  That I have always killed those who want to harm me and mine?" 

Sya pulled out the qi sword and Milano's blood sprayed out in a fine mist. 

"You shouldn't have asked me to chose between my husbannd and you."  Sya told him.  "If I haven't come back to that hell hole a long time ago, what makes you think I want to go back with you?" 

Milano fell to his knees as his hand came up to try to cover the hole in his heart.  He could feel his whole body going numb as he fell forward. 

"But seeing how much you wanted Father to praise you and how much Father wants me back.  I guess the only thing left to do is be a filial daughter and go back home."  Sya said as she flicked the qi sword to clean it before making it disapear again.  "Too bad you won't be able to receieve Father's love and admiration for bring home his favorite daughter.  Don't worry, I'll tell Father that I avenged your death, before I stick my blade into his heart as I did to you. " 

Milano's eyes had long gone cold.  His deep blue eyes stared soulessly at Sya as she felt her whole body become a block of ice.  She needed to prepare herself to go back and deal with her Father the only way she could.  Even if that meant, her death, she was tired of living under his constant search to find her.  If she wanted to live a quiet and peaceful life. The only way to find it with Ju Long, is if her Demon Father died.  And the only way to do that, was to go back home. 

The courtyard gate opened and in walks Thorvald, Yuki, Tamatsu and Hai.  They immediately stop in their tracks as they see their Young Master unconscious on the ground, with another man dead in the courtyard with their Lady of Wei covered in blood. 

The four of them stop as they come closer and see how still everything around them had suddenly become so still and quiet. As if the crikets were even scared to make a noise to disturb a painting. 

"Tell my Beloved Husband, to remember his words he promised me."  Sya said as she turned around to look at Ju Long's loyal guards and steward.  "Tell him, I'm sorry, that I have to go deal with some family matters first before I can fully become his wife and the Lady of Wei. Tell him....That I'll always love him."

A white light flashed before their eyes and before they could say anything, their new Lady of Wei was gone with that flash of light along with the dead body and Ai. 

The four of them rush forward and check over Ju Long to see if he had any injuries on his body.  Upon seeing that he was alright.  That he was just put in an unconscious state, they all relaxed for a moment before they knew that once Ju Long woke up, he would be in a fit of anger. 

"Should we wake him up now?"  Yuki asked tentively. 

"Whether it be now or later, our Young Master would be angry that we didn't try to stop Duchess Sya."  Hai said as he pulled out some smelling salt and placed it under Ju Long's nose to wake him up. 

Ju Long's eyes opened and he frowned.  His head was groggy as he shook his head from side to side.  He suddenly stood up and pushed his men to the side.   His eyes looked frantically for his wife, but she was nowhere to be seen.  His eyes stopped at the blood on the ground as he froze in place.  Was she hurt?  Did her brother kill her?

"Duchess Sya..."  Hai began to say before Ju Long suddenly stood in front of Hai and held his shoulders down to hold him in place. 

"Where is she?"  Ju Long asked in a low and slow manner. 

"She was just here.  She wanted us to remind you of the words you promised her.  That she is sorry, but she has to go deal with some family matters now and that she will always love you."  Hai repeated back to Ju Long of the moments right before they woke Ju Long up. 

"She killed her own brother to save me."  Ju Long said as he heart started to feel heavy.  His Sya will bare that scar by herself and he knows too well how much it hurts her to kill her own siblings.  But she did it so he could live.  "Foolish wife." 

"What are your orders?"  Thorvald said as he knelt down on one knee as the rest follow suit.

Ju Long was silent as he stared down at his men.  There was only one thing to do and that was to get his wife back.

Ju Long went inside of the room that he once shared with Sya.  Everything inside now felt so cold and lonely, he wouldn't be able to sleep in it without Sya.  He went to the desk in the corner and grabbed the Tiger Seal.  He has a whole army at his command.  A whole army that will help him take back his wife from the clutches of his Father-in-law.

Once Ju Long stepped out of his quarters, he had already changed into his General's clothes. 

"There is only one thing to do."  Ju Long told them.  "And that is to keep my promises that I made with my wife.  I once promised her that I would chase her to the ends of the world to find her.  That I would go to hell and back, if that meant that we could be together.  And that is what I intend to do.  I made a promise to my Wife.  How could I not keep it?"