Unfilial Brat

In the week that they have to prepare, Sya cooked delicious, nutritious food to help Hideo not only expel the poison in side of him, but also help him get better.  With her qi infused food, Hideo quickly became victorious again and lively again.  

With Sya, he was sweet, caring and pampering.  With Ju Long he was curt, argumentative, and unruly.  By the fourth day, Hideo could get out of bed and with Sya’s help, they walked around his courtyard several times throughout the day.  By the fifth day, Hideo got into an argument with Ju Long and they began to fight again.

On the day of Naoko’s wedding, all around Wei Clan estates, hanged red lanterns and everyone was in a joyous mood.  Even before the sun began to rise, servants were running around working and ensuring the Second Young Master’s Wedding was perfect.  

“Tell me Ju Long.”  Hideo said over breakfast.  “Are we going to join the wedding celebration today and surprise everyone?”  

“Today?”  Ju Long asked.  “No, we’ll let them have today as the last day of happiness that they will experience.”  

“You are such a good son and brother to Father-in-law and Brother-in-law.” Sya said as she set out the last dish on the table.  She sat down afterwards and everyone began to eat.  

“Wife praises this Husband too much.”  Ju Long said as he begins to eat seriously as he sees Hideo begin to polish all the food that Sya made, like the greedy old man he is.  “Wife’s praises are the best.”  

Sya smiled as she saw how competitive Ju Long is against his own Grandfather.  Their breakfast continued on in silence as Ju Long and Hideo have now cleaned several plates in front of them and drank down the morning soup she made.

After breakfast, they all sat around drinking tea when Ai walked into the room.  

“My Lady.”  Ai said as she bowed.  “Master Hideo.  Duke Ju Long.”  

“Come.”  Sya said.  “What news do you have?”  

“Master Ken and Concubine Xiu are on their way here.”  Ai said.  “Steward Bo has gone out to greet them at the gates.”  

Everyone quickly got up and set up the house as if it was for a sick person.  Ju Long lit the medicine incense, as Ai closed all the windows and the curtains.  Sya helped Hideo put on some makeup on his face.  By the time Hideo got into bed and Sya closed the curtains, they all could hear the anergy march of Ken and Xiu as Steward Bo keeps telling them that Hideo was not to be disturbed.  

The three left in the room had nowhere to go, so they all seperated and hid within the room. When the doors opened, Ken and Xiu both covered their mouth and nose with a scarf as to not catch any illness.  

“Father.”  Ken called.  When silence answered him he called Hideo’s name again.  “Father.”  

Neither one of them dared to enter and get any further inside.  

“This unfilial son has come to tell you that Second Young Master is getting married today.  Although this unfilial son has not visited you in such a long time, this son will now kowtow to you in respect and honor.”  Ken said as if he was worried for Hideo’s health.  

After the two them kowtowed three times, Ken pushed Xiu forward to enter the room.  At first Xiu didn’t want to step a single step inside, Ken’s glare at her made her slowly make her way towards the bed.

“Father-in-law.”  Xiu said as she slowly moved the curtain to the side.  When she saw what she wanted to see, she nodded her head towards Ken then quickly said what she needed to say before quickly leaving with Ken.  “This daughter-in-law will find the best doctors to heal you.  This daughter-in-law has neglected you due to preparing Naoko’s wedding.  Please forgive this daughter-in-law.”  

Xiu closed the curtain before leaving without a second glance back to Hideo.  When the doors opened, Ai, Ju Long and Sya came out of their hiding spots, while Hideo got up and flicked the blanket away from him.  

“That unfilial brat!”  Hideo swore.  “Live up today, for it’ll be the last days of happiness for you!”