The Past

“Duke Ju Long is on his way with Thorvald and Tamostu.”  Yuki informed Ai and the rest of the Seven Shade Hunters.  “They will meet us at Ronsu City.”  

Ronsu City is wealthiest port city. With its constant merchant ships coming in and out of the port, the city has grown bigger and bigger each year.  

“Duke Ju Long owns a ship that is currently docked at Ronsu City.”  Yuki informed them.  “We would wait for them there.”  

Everyone nodded their heads in understanding, however no one spoke.  Speaking would just be a waste of energy to them.  But inside of their hearts, they all felt the same thing.  Rage, fear, nervousness, agitation.   

Since the moment they were born.  Their fates were tied with Princess Sya.   Their lives were in her hands and the reason they lived, was to solely serve her.  How could they continue living, if their Princess was not by their side?  How could they shamelessly live like normal people like their Princess wants, when she is suffering all different kinds of pain?   How are they suppose to lift their head up with pride and dignity, knowing they sacrificed their own Princess for their own happiness.  

When their Princess asked them if they would stand by her and help them escape that hell hole, no one had hope that she would succeed.  She plainly just said, ‘Trust me.’  And they did.  They trusted her wholeheartedly and knew that there would be casualties however, during the escape, the struggle, and the constant running.  No one died.  All because of their Princess’s planning and foresight.  

Now she wants to be the noble hero without them!  As if they would or could ever leave her behind with the Demon Master.  They were born into this world on the same day.  They will risk everything and should fate have it, they will die together on the same day.  

They stilled their hearts knowing this could be their last few days together as Seven Shade Hunters and the beautiful and wicked tongue Ai.   

Unbeknownst to Yuki of their dark thoughts, Yuki was just worried for both Duchess Sya and Duke Ju Long.  

Yuki was just a lowly servant in the Wei Clan.  Sold off to them by his poor family, he worked hard and was bullied quite frequently, due to his small stature.  If it wasn’t for Duke Ju Long who stopped the group of young boys bullying him and took him into the Head of Wei’s courtyard to be his servant, he would have died a long time ago.  

Growing up with Ju Long, Ju Long let him train together with him.  So he would become Ju Long’s hidden sword when he needed it.  From the first day that Ju Long saved him, he promised his entire life to Ju Long.  They trained together in combat and Ju Long even taught him how to read and write.  Ju Long taught him how to paint and play the flute.  Everything that he is now, is due to Ju Long’s magnanimity.   

Beside Ju Long’s lonely life, there were only Head Wei, Hideo, King Diwah, and him.  He never showed any interest in other people.  It was hard for him to trust someone and he was always cold towards everyone.  It was only with Head Wei that a childish side would show through his demeanor, but otherwise he would pretend to be a jovial person to everyone, but truthfully he is an ice block.  

Everyone knew him and like him, but he was never close enough with them to call them friend.  Everyone was an acquaintance to him.  He kept everyone at arms length, never letting anyone close to him, until he met the mysterious Chef Sya.  

Her beauty was one that could cause wars and take down cities, but there was something about her that drew Ju Long in and began to thaw the ice he had around his heart.  It seemed that with each bite of her food, she slowly captured him.  Causing him to act a fool and pursue her until he won her over.  

In the few weeks that they had with each other, he could see the changes in Ju Long’s personality.  His smiles were more genuine.  His laughter, not as forced.  The dark cloud that hung over him was gone.  Now the Lady of Wei was gone.  The old him that was slowly starting to disappear, came back the moment he came out of his home, holding the Tiger Seal.  

Yuki prayed, that Lady Wei was alright.  That they could rescue her and bring her back home, where she belonged.  

-----------------

The army stood silently in rows as they waited for their Commander General to give the order to march.  They have landed a day ago and was told to wait.   Thanks to the Demon Master’s powers, their ships were hidden within the thick, dark fog and any ships that were heading their way was suddenly suken without notice.   

When they landed, only half of the soldiers were deployed on land, the rest stayed on the ship, just in case Meya Country’s Naval ships came to investigate the mysterious fog.

The General in charge, General Clorr looked up to the sky and frowned.  The cloudless sky suddenly became dark.  An eerie feeling overcame him as his horse moved back and forth with nervousness.  

“Stand alert!”  General Clorr shouted.   

His command was repeated several times over and over making sure that everyone was on high alert.  

Everyone watched the dark cloud above them start to swirl in a circle, as if a tornado was forming.  From the dark clouds, lightning and thunder could be heard.  With every boom, their resolve weakened.  A heavy feeling came over them and caused them to slightly panic as they could slowly feel their will to move was taken away.   

The dark cloud flashed the brightest lightening, which blinded everyone, causing them to close their eyes.  If they could, they would have raised their hand to cover their faces.  When the light died down, all they could do was stare at their Princess in awe.  It has been seven years since she was taken away from them, but the legend of her beauty was still talked about.  And now, before everyone, they could finally see her.  The living legend herself, she, who earned her own nickname, the Blood Princess.

General Clorr, forced himself to move, slowly but surely he got down off of his horse and knelt down to one knee.  Causing the whole platoon of soldiers to also kneel on one knee.  

“This General greets our Blood Princess!”  General Clorr shouted.  

“The Demon Force greets our Blood Princess!”  Every soldier shouted afterwards in union.  The thunderous shout caused birds that were perched on threes to fly.  It caused the animals to run away.  It caused the desolate sea side to become silent.  

When Sya walked towards them, it was as if she was floating.  They could only watch the mystical Blood Princess make her way back into safety.  

“Let's depart.” Sya ordered.  

“What about Commander General Milano?”  General Corr asked.  

“He didn’t make it.”  Sya said as she walked pass him.  

General Corr hung his head.  Commander General Milano was a good leader and Commander General to the Demon Forces.  His strength and intelligence, paved his own way to the top and won the love and respect of the Demon Master.  Now that his favorite son is dead, trying to save his favorite daughter, the Demon Master would not be happy.  

Was it was a sacrifice that the Demon Master was okay with?  Will he start a war with Meya Country?  Whatever the outcome will be, the good news he would get is that their precious Blood Princess will be coming home, safe and sound.