A Play In Public (2)

Prime Minister Note's knees weakened at the familiar voice.  His whole body shook as he fell down to his butt.  Ruby's eyes widen in surprise.  The new Lady of Wei is the monster chef of Baozhai Restaurant.  Her hand quickly came up to the left side of her face and covered it up.  Her cheek could still feel the sting from the injury that Sya gave her last time.  

Ruby quickly fell to her knees as tears start to fall down her beautiful face.  

"Please."  Ruby whimpered.  Her tear stained face was a sight to behold.  It could move the hearts of men into action.  "Please forgive us.  We did not know.  We did not mean to steal from you again."  

"But you want my Husband, do you not?"  Sya said as the white blade grew brighter.  "Did you not just plead with my Husband to stay by his side?  Did you not admit to him that you love him? That as long as his shadow touches you, you'll be happy?" 

Ruby trembled with fear.  She could feel the oppressive air push her down even more.  Her head that was once held high, now began to slowly move down so she would stare at the ground and not at the bride and groom.  

"Please."  Peter said as he slowly knelt .   "I have not forgotten your words.  Nor have I forgotten your grace to spare us.  We did not mean to offend you."  

"But were you not just trying to tie your daughter to my Husband?"  Sya asked.  

"I was not aware."  Peter said as he bowed his head.  "Please forgive me and my daughter.  We did not mean to offend you.  Had we known that you are the new Lady of Wei, we would not have been so presumptuous."  

Everyone stared in awe as the play unfolded.  Who ever the new Lady of Wei was, she held the power to make the Prime Minister kneel.  Everyone started looking at the young bride in a different light.  Who was she?  Who was her family?  And what does she have on the Prime Minister to make him kneel and beg for forgiveness and mercy?  

Everyone listened in on the conversation and decided not to slight the new Lady of Wei in the future.  Whoever she was, whoever was her backing, she was someone that even the Prime Minister couldn't afford to insult, how could they and their clan afford to insult her as well? 

"And for this grievous mistake that you and your daughter made today, what are you going to exchange for the insult you made to my Grandfather-in-law, to my Wei Clan and to me?"  Sya asked.  

If she was going to ask for something from Prime Minister Note, she would make sure to take the opportunity to not only make him regret his actions and words, but make him remember them forever.  

Peter could only stare at the ground.  His heart hurt from the misfortune of meeting the young lady.  His pride hurt because he, the Prime Minister of Meya Country, was kneeling to a young girl in front of everyone.  His reputation was injured because of Hideo's hateful words.  His daughter's virtue was damaged because she confessed her feelings in front of everyone.  Now no one would want to marry her because they would know that they would be second in her heart.  

In one swoop, the young Lady of Wei made the second most powerful man of Meya Country lose all prestige and honor.  

"Ask...."  Peter began to say before he lost his courage.  "Ask... what you will."  

"For disturbing my wedding, insulting my Grandfather-in-law, and my Wei Clan, this new Lady of Wei shall hold your words that you promised me last time and make it three fold."  Sya said.  Now Prime Minister Note had to do four things she asked of him to do.  His debt to her was now added on to his existing debt to her.  

"This Prime Minister understands." Peter sadly said.  What could he do, but agree to her terms?  Was there anyone out there that could defeat the young lady who could suppress an entire room full of martial fighters?  

"If you understand, then properly kowtow to my Grandfather-in-law and ask for forgiveness for disturbing his birthday celebration."  Sya ordered him.  "You and your daughter will do it, to show how remorseful you are."  

Peter couldn't stand it any longer, his anger erupted inside of him.  The little girl wanted him to now kowtow to Hideo!  His clan's enemy?!  The generations of hatred and feuds was implemented when they were born.  And could only feel hatred towards each other.  Now the girl wants him to kowtow to his nemesis?  That was the final act that broke his anger that he contained inside.  A gush of blood came forward and he held it in, but everyone could see, from the side of his mouth was blood that dripped out slowly down his chin.  

The room was quiet for a long time.  No one dared to speak up to save the Prime Minister.  No one dared to interfere.  Whoever was the new Lady of Wei, she held more power than they could imagine.  To make the Prime Minister kowtow to his enemy was asking a man to cut off his manhood.  

The silence of the room could deafen everyone as they all watched in awe and horror as the Prime Minister along with his beautiful, virtuous daughter kowtow to the Head of Wei three times.  

The tension in the room was suddenly lifted after the third bow.  It was as if everyone could breathe again.  The sun shined brightly and the wind blew, carrying with it a floral scent.  

"Your presence here is no longer needed, nor is it wanted."  Sya said.  "My Grandfather-in-law is too honorable to say it so I will, since I am young and foolish."  

Peter slowly stood up and helped his daughter up.  They listened as Sya told them to leave.  

"You Note Clan, will never be welcomed here in Wei Clan.  Do not show yourself on our Wei properties unless invited by the Head of Wei."  Sya told them.  "And do not show yourself in front of me.  For I will collect what I promised to collect." 

Peter wiped his mouth with his sleeve as more blood seeped down the corner of his mouth.  He nods his head in understanding, then took his daughter and quickly walked out of the banquet hall.  He walked out with his head high, with as much pride and arrogance that he could muster.  They left quickly with their servants and left everyone behind in silence.  

After a while, Hideo finally spoke.  

"My greatest blessing today was getting a new granddaughter-in-law.  My greatest gift, is my granddaughter-in-law making my enemy kowtow to me three times!"  Hideo said as he laughed. 

Soon, the banquet came to a close as everyone quickly left to talk about what just happened.  No one continued with the wedding traditions as they knew that now was the right time to leave.  With quick words of congratulations and wishes of longevity, the only people left was the Wei Clan.  

The servants were quietly cleaning up as Hideo stood up from his chair.  Within a blink of an eye, he held Ken's throat in his hand as he threw Ken across the banquet hall.  Ken flew and hit a table, causing it to break as the food and wine spilled on him.  

"You DARE invite that snake into our home!"  Hideo said as he flew within a blink of an eye and kicked his son.  

Ken flew again and hit a pillar.  He cries out in pain as Xiu and Naoko stand up and cry out as well. Everything happened so quickly that they did not have the time to say or do anything.  

"You!  Are you even my son?!  How dare you scheme against your own family!"  Hideo shouted as he walked up to his son.  

Hideo picked Ken up and slapped him.  Soon Ken's face was black and blue as the slaps kept on reining down on him.  After Ken was knocked out by Hideo's slaps, Hideo throws him on the ground.  

"Quickly, someone gather this useless son and throw him in the ancestral hall! He is to eat only vegetables meals and pray to the ancestors for forgiveness until I say he can come out!  No one is to visit him unless they have my permission.  Should anyone be caught breaking my rules, they will be thrown out of our Wei Clan, no questions ask or second chances."