Blackmire Island

The dark, ominous fog left a long with the ships.  They left swiftly with their Blood Princess on board.  Their mission was completed, however they lost a huge power figure in doing so.   

“Princess.” General Corr said as he bowed down towards Sya.  “With the help of Demon Master, we shall reach back home in three days.”  

“Em.”  Sya said as she stared back out to the sea.  The dark fog covered up her vision of Meya Country.  So instead she said goodbye to it inside her heart.  Goodbye to the only man who made her feel alive and human again.  Goodbye to her mischievous  Ai.  Goodbye to her loyal Seven Shade Hunters. Goodbye to the shameless Grandfather Hideo.  Goodbye to Ju Long’s loyal guards, Thorvald, Yuki and Tamostu.  Goodbye to her beloved Baozhai Restaurant.  

Her life that finally started after 27 years of living, was shortly cut off by her Demon Father’s forces.  She just hoped, those who meant the world to her, would do as she wished, and start living.  She knew that even though Ju Long promised to chase after her, even if was to hell and back, she wished he didn’t come, for she feared he would die if he met her Demon Father.  

But there was a light of hope inside of her, that he will come and rescue her.  That he would risk his life to find her.  That in the end, even in death, they would find each other and be with each other.  She could only hold onto that hope and swallow it down, so no one could guess what she is feeling or thinking.  She had years of experience of being a cold, concise, and calculating killing weapon, she only had three days to turn back into that emotionless killer.  

----------------

Three days.  It has been three days since he last saw his beloved Sya.  Sya who killed her own brother to save him.  Sya who could make him laugh.  Sya who could make him smile.  Sya, who made his whole world filled with color, instead of the black and white world he was raised up in.  Sya, who held his hand, who guided him, protected him, who fed him with not only her fragrant dishes, but with her love and support.  His Sya left, so she could protect him.  

Ju Long’s heart hung heavy and felt stuffy.  He needed to do everything in his powers to get to her as soon as possible.  There is no telling what her Demon Father would do to her.  How much he could mess her mind and her heart up, before he can find her and bring her back to safety.  

He missed her so fiercely and intently that he felt suffocated by the air that surrounded him.  The lonely nights kept him awake.  The memories they had together ran through his mind constantly.  And the dreams they wanted for each other kept him from closing his eyes, because once he does, he’ll dream of her and when he wakes up, he’ll be heartbroken all over again, for it would only be a dream and not reality.  

-------------

Ai walked back and forth on the deck of the ship.  Her eyes kept looking towards the sea, westward towards Blackmire Island.  Back to the hell hole she was born into and raised up in.  Back to the nightmare that everyone she ever loved began and ended.

Her heart shivered with fear, with nervousness, with anger.  A lump was stuck in her throat and she swallowed it down with force.  She swallowed her emotions and took the tight knot that was inside of her stomach and began to bury her emotions. She needs to become the wicked, cold person who learned how to speak wickedly towards others.  

From behind, the Seven Shade Hunters came up and stood beside her as all seven of them looked towards the direction of  Blackmire Island.  They all have the same thoughts in their minds.

Swallow and hide every emotion inside.  Do not others see your weakness.  Do not let others see or know what you are thinking. Be dead inside, have courage and fight, for it might be your last day alive.  

Everyone thought that as long as their Princess came back alive, any sacrifice was worth it, even if it meant their life.  Whatever the outcome maybe, their Princess would live to escape Blackmire Island and never return.  

--------------------

"Princess, we will be arriving to Blackmire Island soon.  Demon Master has personally come to the dock to welcome you back!"  A sailor said through the door after knocking three times.  Sya did not answer nor did she open the door to talk to him.  "Captain Corr wanted me to remind you to get ready, so when we dock, you'll be able to leave the ship immediately." 

The sailor waited to hear if Princess Sya would say anything.  But after waiting a while and not hearing anything, the sailor scratched his head, then turned around and left.  He came there to say what he was ordered to say, the rest is up to their Princess. 

Sya kept her eyes closed as her mind kept calm and flowing as she cultivated the qi around her.  She needed to prepare herself for her days ahead and every qi energy she could collect would make her faster, stronger, and give her more endurance to surrive.  She had mentally and physically prepared herself the past three days.  With each minute that she is closer to Blackmire Island, she could feel the same intense and dark pull of the island.  It called to her and welcomed her back into it's arms like an abusive lover. 

All the bloodshed that had been spilled upon its ground over the many decades has now gathered and absorbed all the energies and powers of those men and women that died in the Arena of Blood. It had made it into it's own.  The island was alive and it called to Sya's darkness.  To kill her Demon Father, she would need to kill the island.  How does one destroy an island without dynamite?  

Sya's eyebrow crinkled as she now wished she prepared more before going back to Blackmire Island.  But seeing how she is here now, all she can do now is take it day by day and hope that she surives to see the end of every day and the beginning of every morning. 

The darkness of Blackmire Island called out to Sya as if it was a loving mother welcoming her back home.  She could feel it caressing her hair then wrapping it's arms around her, into a hug.  Sya held back the disgust and shiver that threatened to show. 

Push it down.  Sya thought.  Swallow your emotions.  Push everything down.  Bury it.  Nothing exist.  Live.  Fight.  Survive.  Breathe.  Just breathe. 

************

Author's Note:  Sorry for the long wait!  Work got so busy that by the time I got home, I couldn't even think, let alone type.  But now that the project is done, I am back to writting again!  Yay!  As always, thanks for reading!  Thanks for your love and support!  Sending internet hugs to all you beautiful people!  :D  <3   -ptd