Shayna

Author's Note:  Sorry guys for the late update. I got really sick bc I was working too much and not taking care of myself.  I finally felt better today to start writing.  #19 in fantasy!  Thank you!  Sending internet hugs to everyone reading this!   

************

Xiu immediately fell to her knees and knelt.  She bowed and bowed, over and over for Hideo to let Ken off.  She begged him to reverse the punishment he gave to her beloved.  All she could do is kneel and beg for leniency.  

"Father-in-law!"  Xiu begged.  "Please forgive your son.  He was foolish and---" 

"Shut-up!"  Hideo said as he glared at the beautiful older woman.  She had kept her beauty even at her age of 45.  She took care of her looks as if she was still a young maiden, which kept Ken interested in her ever since he married her into the Wei Clan.  "You have no say in the matters of Wei! You are not the legitimate Lady of Wei.  My new Granddaughter-in-law is!  You are nothing, but my son's concubine and the mother to my grandson, Naoko.  That was the only thing you did right to our Wei Clan." 

Xiu's eyes watered as she hung her head down.  Her anger burned within her, but she pretended to act as if she was thoroughly chastised.  She might be concubine to Ken, but she held Ken's heart and mind within her grasps.  Her son was the most beautiful man in Vulean City and he was smart.  He would pass the government exam and become a first rank minister!  Once Naoko becomes a first rank minister, he will become the Head of Wei and kick out Ju Long out from the ancestry registry.  

"Grandfather!  Do not be mad at mother, she was only trying to save father."  Naoko pleaded as he too knelt next to his mother. "Please forgive mother for her spousal love towards father!"  

"You!  Shut-up too!"  Hideo shouted as he pointed at Naoko.  "You and your mother are to remain in your courtyard until your father learns his lesson and understands what he did wrong to me, Ju Long, Lady Wei, and our Wei Clan. You are to repent for your father's sins against his own clan! If you do not know what your father did wrong, I suggest you take this time to figure out why and learn from his mistake!"

"Grandson understands."  Naoko said as he bowed gracefully towards Hideo.  When he stood up, he helped Xiu stand up as well as they walked out of the banquet hall.  

When their shadows disappeared in front of Hideo, he stared at his useless and idiot son as two guards dragged him away to the ancestral hall.  

"Go get a doctor to see to his injuries."  Hideo ordered before turning away from the ugly sight in front of him.  How did he raise such a useless son?  Where did he go wrong?  Is it because he loved his son too much and overlooked his flaws?  He could only blame himself for his son's behavior.  

Hideo shook his head in disappointment before he raised his head and he froze.  For a moment, he had forgotten his blessing in his new granddaughter-in-law.  It was their wedding day and he had not welcomed her into the Wei Clan as it was meant to be.  There should be celebrations and wine flowing.  

"Invite all the Wei Clan within the Wei compound!  We shall celebrate Duke Ju Long and my new Granddaughter-in-law's marriage!  We shall recognize Lady Sya as the new Lady of Wei!"  Hideo shouted.   

His words were soon implemented and the whole Wei Clan came together to celebrate the Young Master's wedding.  All in all, a total of 200 people were in attendance.  The banquet hall was full to the brim with the Wei Clan. The adults drank wine and toasted to the happy union of the Young Master and their new Lady of Wei.  Children ran around in circles and teenagers chatted excitedly to each other.  

Sya watched from behind her veil as the happy scene played out in front of her.  Never in her life did she think she would ever witness this scene again.  Sya's mind flashed back to her memories before she became Princess Sya.

Back then, she was just an ordinary successful woman who ran her own catering business.  She was Shayna who lived on Earth and was 32 years old when she died.  Suddenly she was transmigrated into a new world, a new dimension, a new time.  She suddenly became Princess Sya.  Daughter to the Demon Master.  And with it, she received the original memories of Princess Sya.  The horrible memories of training, fighting and killing.  The loneliness the young woman felt all throughout her life, it was as if Shayna too lived through the horror along with Princess Sya.  That was when she started planning her escape along with Ai and her Seven Shade Hunters.  She knew she couldn't do it alone and that she couldn't leave them behind.  

Because she lived through Princess Sya's memories, Shayna too lost the warmth she once had when she was Shayna.  She had to quickly adapt to her situation and surroundings to survive.  She had become Princess Sya and use her skills to fight and kill to dig her way out of hell and live a second chance life she wanted to live.  But somehow, she lost herself along the way.  On her journey, she had forgotten Shayna and her past memories and started to live as Sya.  Her cold heart remembers the memories that Shayna once held dearly to her heart and tears begins to water behind her eyes, but Sya's cold heart wouldn't let her cry.  Not in front of so many people.  

The only thing that was left of Shayna, was her skills in cooking.  Whatever was left was buried deep inside of her, afraid to let it out, for her Demon Father could come for her at any moment and take everything precious to her away.  

But Ju Long came into her life and turned everything upside down.  His shamelessness made her smile.  It made her remember what it means to laugh and live.  It made her feel human again and not just a runaway killing weapon.  

"Wife?"  Ju Long asked as he felt his Wife's mood change.  "Is everything alright?"  

"Em."  Sya said as she closed her eyes and pushed back the tears.  Shayna was dead.  Princess Sya was dead.  And in between two worlds and dimensions, whoever she was in the end.  She was still alive.  "Let's go to the bridal chambers."