Siblings

Sya followed the maid who guided her back to River Awaking Court.  When she passed through, everything looked the same as she left it seven years ago.  It was just that now, it felt more empty, for Ai and her Seven Shade Hunters were no longer there.  

“You may go.”  Sya dismissed the maid at the entrance of the courtyard.  “I do not need a servant to serve me.”  

The maid hesitated before bowing then turning around and leaving.  Who would have thought the beloved Demon’s Princess didn’t need or want the help of servants?  The maid thought as she quickly left to report to the head steward.  She did not want to get in trouble nor lose her life should she make any mistakes.  

Sya walked slowly through the pathway that led to the surrounding gardens that were in full bloom.  The small pond to the left shined brightly with the moonlight’s reflection.  Sya walked slowly and stopped.  For in front of her was the place she called home for twenty years.  The whole one story house was dark as no one lit a lamp or a fire in the brazer.  

Sya slowly made her way inside as memories of her time there run through her mind like a movie.  Moment’s of hardship, of happiness, of sadness, of rage, of suffering, of fury and frustration.  

Sya moved within the home without lights on as she made her way to her bedroom.  No noise could be heard in the quiet courtyard, not even Sya’s steps nor her breathing.  

Opening up her bedroom, she spotted the chest that Captain Corr prepared for her.  Inside were clothes befitting a Princess.  Captain Corr made sure she would not be slighted in the least.  Opening and rummaging through the chest, Sya finally found what she was looking for.  

A loose fitted black dress made of the Dark Moon Silk.  It was an enchanted silk that protected the wearer from hot, cold, wind, and water. Sya quickly changed then explored the island for for two hours before returning back to the inner courtyards to start her plan to kill her Demon Father.  

Sya hid her presence as made her way towards her siblings courtyards.  She did not fly, for she would be easily seen, so she kept to the shadows and quickly made her way around walls, guards and servants.

Any courtyard that still had their lights on meant that they were still dealing with curing themselves from the poison that their Demon Father gave them.   She was expecting at least six courtyards to still be up, but to her surprise, there was only one house that still had their lights on.

Sya stayed to the shadows, keeping her eyes out for any hidden Shade Hunters that would be stationed outside.  But to her surprise, she did not run into any of them.  Sya slowly crept closer and closer to the large house that was twice the size of her house.  

When Sya was 30 yards away, she stopped and hid between the rose bush and listened to the conversation that was happening inside.   

“We only have an hour left.”  Cheeri said panicking.  “No one here knows what to do to cure ourselves! And we can’t even call a doctor!”  

“Then I guess we just die!”  Damio said nonchalantly.  “We’ve all known that one day we will die here.  Whether it is now or later, does it matter?!!”  

“Of course it matters!”  Wateri shouted.  “I don’t want to die like this!”  

“So you would rather die in the Arena of Blood!”  Cheeri accused him.  “You would rather kill your own sibling!”  

“Of course not!”  Wateri said.  “I mean, I would rather die trying to fight for my life than die by poison!”  

“There is no hope.”  Weink said.  “We do not have much time left.  Spend it with those you care about.  That is all we can do.”  

“I refuse to take this lying down!!”  Resfa said softly.  “If we attack Him together, we might get a chance to wound him...maybe kill him.”  

“Ha!  As if OUR FATHER would let us ever get close to him!  He’s too paranoid to let anyone close to him.”  Phang said.  “Every time we get close to him, his guard is always up.  The only time we’ve ever seen him without his guard up was tonight at the “family dinner” where we were all “gifted” this surprise and were made to call it our “fate!” What a joke”  

Soon the whole room started talking all at once, for their unhappy hearts could not comprehend nor accept their situation.  They argued as if one of them had a better idea on how to kill their Demon Father than the other.  The voices rose louder and louder before Resfa unleashed his powers and made everyone stop talking.  

From outside Sya could feel Resfa’s power and she smiled.  She never fought Resfa in the Arena of Blood before, but she grew up watching Resfa fight.  Resfa was more of a strategic fighter, never really showing his powers, relying more on strategizing and killing his opponent in his trap.  

While Sya was more of a quick, suttle killer with powerful moves that ended lives quickly.  When she still lived on Blackmire Island, Resfa and her never talked, but they always kept their distance from each other. Never really interacting, but always watching for the other person’s weakness.  Sya didn’t really trust any of her siblings, for fearing that should she go up against them one day.  She feared her hand will falter and she would be the one who died, instead of her opponent.  If she didn’t know who they were, it made it easier for her to kill them without hesitation.  Without emotional ties to them.  

“Now that I have your attention, what---” Resfa started to say before he felt a dense and heavy qi weight land on him, causing his whole body to be unable to move.  It made it hard for them to breathe as well, which made them stop talking.  They could only look at each other with their eyes as they all panic inside.  

Was it their Demon Father that put this dense, heavy qi weight on them?  Did he find out that they were about to plan an uprising?  

They could only watch in horror as the door opened with a gust of wind and from the darkness, a silhouette of a woman glided over the pathway and made her way towards them.  The moonlight lit up the shiny black hair as the wind blew it lightly, causing it to wave at them as if it was saying hello.  

The black dress flowed as she glided up the stairs and when she finally walked into the light, everyone gasped.  

It was their missing sister, the First Princess, Princess Sya.  The most beloved daughter of the Demon Master.  All of their hearts sank with dread. 

“I’ve come to end your suffering.”  Sya said as the door behind her close just as quickly as it opened.  The candles blew out with the wind as the moonlight shined brighter into the room.  Sya’s body that was once in front of them, disappears and all they could see were the silver strings of light that entered their bodies.