Blackmire Island (3)

Sya pulls back and lets Zion looks over her closer, examining her from top to bottom.  His qi tries to infiltrate her body to gauge her powers, but with her tight qi shield she has around her body, his qi energy could not penetrate through.  Zion’s teeth tightens, but he does not let the others see how he cannot read his first born daughter’s powers.  

Due to the island giving him magical powers, he had long stopped cultivating his qi, causing his internal qi to be weak.  His sea blue eyes lights up in anger as he tightens his hold on her wrists.  As if warning her that he is more powerful than she is and he could break her with a flick of his hand.  Sya's cold eyes remains still along with her body.  Not giving him an excuse to hurt her or giving him any indcation that she was scared of him. 

“My, how strong you’ve gotten daughter.”  Zion said softly enough for Sya to be the only one who heard him.  “One might wonder if you purposefully went with your kidnapper or you purposefully and willingly stayed with him all these years.”  

“Neither.”  Sya answered him truthfully.  No one kidnapped her and she never stayed with her “kidnapper.”  

Zion’s eyes stared hard at Sya for a long time, searching to see if she lied to him.  But upon not seeing any changes in her demeanor or any tell tell signs of her lying, his heart settled that she didn’t lie to him.  That she was truely taken away from him and was held captive against her will.  

“How did you survive your ordeal?”  Zion questioned.  

“Cultivated.”  Sya told him truthfully as well.  “We were always on the move, never staying in one place for too long.  Everyone one you set were eliminated.”  

“This Father apologizes for sending such poor and unskilled people to save you.  You must have suffered so much over the years.  Come, you must be tired.  I have had the servants take care of your courtyard all these years.  You must rest before dinner.”  Zion said as he hooks her arm around his and leads her back to her hell hole that she was born and raised into.  

“It is unfortunate that we lost Milano.”  Zion said as he kept walking with Sya next to him.  

"Em."  Sya said, not really sad for killing Milano.  If she had to choose again, she would choose her husband every time. 

"The man that kidnapped you and held you against your will, must be a strong martial artist."  Zion remarked. 

"Em." 

"Did you take revenge for your brother?"  Zion asked as he raised his eyebrow before tilting his head to look at Sya. 

"Em." 

"You were never much of a talker."  Zion remarked.  "It was one of the things a liked about you.  You were more action and results then the scheming and talking kind.  That's why I favored you."

Sya gritted her teeth and nodded.  Upon seeing Sya not saying anymore, he laughed.  His little heart felt full.  His Sya was back and he couldn't wait to put her in the Arena of Blood to test her. 

The Demon Father, daughter pair were a sight to behold.  It was as if a celestial pair of father and daughter arrived from heaven and walked the human world for their leisure.  The sea of kneeling people parted as they kept their head bowed.  

From behind, the 20 siblings stood and followed Sya and Zion without a word or command.  It was as if they knew what to do without Zion uttering a word.  In this hell hole called Blackmire Island.  Everyone knew their place and knew what to do, for they were trained since the moment they were born to learn the rules and live by them.  They knew that should they make a mistake, or offend someone stronger than them, then it would mean their life.

This brainwashing made Sya’s stomach sick with disgust.  That was the reason why, she tried so hard to push Ai and her Seven Shade Hunters to live their lives to the fullest.  Find a loving partner and hopefully having their own family one day.  But instead, due to their conditioning, they would serve her until their dying day.  They were too ingrained from their youth to protect her, be loyal towards her and serve her.  They were too grateful that she risked her life to escape with them and save them as well.  They had all gone through hell and made it out, that leaving her alone was not an option.  Whatever she faced in her life, they would be standing there beside her, facing that obstacle as well.  

And that was what Sya dreaded.  She did not want them to die for her.  She did not want them to sacrifice for her.  She did not want them to swallow a bitter pill of life, for her.  She did not want them to be sad because of her.  She did not want them to regret, because of her.  She did not want them to live for her.  

She wanted them to live for themselves.  Be happy.  Be free.  Even if it meant, that she would sacrifice her happiness, her freedom, and herself.  She would do it, without regrets, for them.  

If it meant she could protect her loved ones.  She would do anything in her powers to bring down her Demon Father, kill anyone who stands in her way, even if she has to become a demon in the process.  She would do it.  To ensure their safety.  To ensure their freedom.  To ensure their happiness.  She would do it for them.  For her wicked tongue Ai who have always placed Sya's happiness first.  For her protective older brothers, the hidden Seven Shades, who has become her shield through the wind, snow, sun and rain.  For her beloved Ju Long, who taught her how to live again.  Who taught her how to love again.  Who taught her how to smile again. Who taught her what it was meant to be loved and cherished.  She will become the daughter Zion wants her to be, then kill him with the sharp sword he made her become.

**************

A quick word from your Author:

Thank you to all my readers for staying with me, even through the long wait. To those that thought I dropped this story, I have not dropped this story,  I just lost inspiration there for awhile, but now it's back and I'm writing again.  Thank you for being so patient with me.  Two updates for tonight, more to come in the future.  -ptd

Ahhh~~~~~~  I accidently published Blackmire Island (3) first before Blackmire Island (2).  If fixed the ordering of the chapters, but to those that read this first, please go read Blackmire Island (2) before reading this chapter. Ahhhh~~~ such a noob!!!  SMH....  :(