Failed Step

The next day opened as usual. With a line outside the door, her usual customers eating and leaving with enough money to pay their bill. However, there was a new sign up. From 2pm to 3pm, Baozhai Restaurant will be closed. Many people asked why, and Ai told them that they needed that time to clean the restaurant and prepare food for the evening. They all nodded their heads in understanding and thought it was a good idea to close the restaurant to clean the store. The restaurant was already clean, but to close the restaurant to clean it again, made them admire Baozhai and their high standards to their food and cleanliness quality.

When it came time to close the restaurant, Ai gave those who were standing in line a wooden badge with a number on one side and on the back was a lily and Baozhai written in gold.

"Those who holds the Baozhai badge will be served first upon reopening. Please come back in an hour along with the badge and you'll be served first according to the number on the badge." Ai told them. She handed out 20 Baozhai badges and tells them to go rest for an hour and come back. Ai put up a sign, telling the customers of their new rule and new system so there won't be any misunderstandings between them and the customers. Ai closed the door and locked it, then proceeded to close the windows. She swept and wiped down the tables and chairs before helping Sya in the kitchen with cleaning.

"What are you preparing there, Lady Sya?" Ai asked as she washed the dishes.

"Food." Sya said as she made the Panther Energy Heavenly Rice Balls. She also made mixed Stir-fry Seven Peak Vegetables and a whole deep fried Cat Glass Fish.

Sya packed all the food up nicely in a three layer bento box and wrapped it up with a green and gold silk cloth.

"Where are you taking that bento box?" Ai asked even though she already knew where Sya was talking the food.

"I remember someone telling me yesterday that a certain shameless man had so much work to do that he would forget to eat. And when he finally finished all his work, he would rush over here to eat my food." Sya said as she packed two jugs of wine in another wrapped scarf. "That certain shameless man, told me that he will only eat my food, so...."

Ai squealed like a giddy girl and hugged Sya from behind. "My good Lady! I'm so happy for you!"

"I haven't decided on anything yet." Sya said in defense. "I'm just giving him food."

"Yes, yes." Ai immediately agreed with a smile on her face. Even though she knew Sya was lying to herself. "It's just food. Let's quickly go."

Ai grabbed the wine while Sya held onto the food. They left through the back door and locked it before leaving the restaurant and headed towards the Wei Estate.

----------

Upon arriving at the Wei Estate, their lavish carriage stopped in front of the gates. The man who drove the carriage was one of Sya's many Silent Shade Hunter. Sya had Seven Silent Shade Hunters total. Each Silent Shade Hunter had their own code names and kept to the background and shadows. Always watching and protecting their Lady. There are Hong, Chengzi, Ki, Midori, Lanse, Dianqing, and Zise. The seven of them along with Ai and Sya all grew up together. Sya was bestowed a group of loyal servants the same age as her when she was born.  They all trained together, ate together, and were educated together. But they were always reminded, that Sya was their mistress. And that their only purpose in life was to serve Sya until their end of days. When she fled her Demon Father, they all went with her.

Hong got off the carriage and opened the door. Ai stepped out first before helping Sya step down from the gold and sandalwood carriage.

Ai went to the guards and gave them a wooden badge. On the sandalwood badge was a gold lily and on the back is the word Baozhai.

"Please tell Duke Ju Long that Lady Sya is here to see him." Ai tells the guard.

The guard looks at the two beautiful ladies in contempt. Even though one lady had the most beautiful face that he has ever seen, he knows the rules. And the rules were set in stone. No one is allowed to enter the Wei Estate without an invitation. Even the King and Princes couldn't enter if they weren't invited.

The guard tried to give back the badge, but Ai didn't accept it. "Are we putting you in a difficult position?"

"No one is allowed inside without an invitation. I am sorry young miss." He tells them.

"But--" Ai began to say, but was cut off by Sya.

"If that is the case, then can you just pass along these packages to him?" Sya said as she handed off the two wrapped silk bento box and wines. "Make sure to give these to him along with that badge. He'll know who it's from. Should I find out that these packages are not delivered to him, you'll know your Master's wrath once he finds out that he didn't get these."

The guard nods his head in understanding. He knows how scary Duke Ju Long can be. Just his aura alone is scary.

"I will personally deliver these packages to Duke Ju Long. No one, but Duke Ju Long will open these packages." The guard said as he bowed.

"Then, this Lady shall trouble you to deliver these to Duke Ju Long safely." Sya said as she hid her disappointment.

Sya and Ai went back inside her carriage and left as the guard entered the Wei Estate to deliver the packages along with the badge. It was this day, he finally found out just how scary his Master's rage really is.