Chapter 19

*Your POV*
I wake up to my alarm, and I see Jughead waking up, too. I press "snooze" and put the covers over my head. Ugh..I don't want to be alive today.

"(Y/N), get up." Jughead says.

"Never." I sat from under the covers.

I hear him sigh, and then pull the blanket right off of me. "Hey!" I laugh.

"Get your butt outta bed!" he laughs.

I think I'm gonna die of laughter. "Fine! I'm up, I'm up." I get out of bed and change in the bathroom. Once I'm done I go into the kitchen, where Jug has some orange juice poured for me. I take a sip, "Thanks." I say.

"No problemo."

He sits down at the table, and takes a sip of his juice. He goes onto his laptop and starts typing. I get out a box of cereal and two bowls. I slide a bowl over to him and sit down. I open the box and pour some cereal, and he does the same.

"How's your novel?" I ask.

"Good, I think.." he says, itching his head.

"I'm still gonna have to be the first one to read it." I say.

He laughs, "I know. And you will be." There's a moment of silence between us, which, actually isn't awkward at all. It's, kind of how we are sometimes. Both focused on something, but enjoying that we have someone in case we need something. I get a text from Betty.

To (Y/N) and Jughead👑💖 from Betty🙃: (it's a group chat)
Come and meet up at school, something happened to Kevin and his dad with a murder board.

I look back up. "Betty wants us to come to school early because of, something that happened with Kevin?" I say.

To Betty🙃 and Jughead👑💖 from (Y/N):
We'll be right over.

"Yeah.." He stretches, "But I wanna stay hereee." He wines.

I laugh, "I know, me too. Now get up and get dressed."

"Okay, Mom." He gets up and laughs. I playfully roll my eyes and put our bowls in my sink. When he comes back, we both get into the car and drive to the school. We go inside and go to the Blue and Gold office.

"There you guys are." Betty says. "What took you so long?"

"Uhh.." he looks over to me, "She wouldn't wake up." He points at me.

I immediately look at him, "What?" I punch him in the arm, and he laughs.

We both walk over and I sit in a chair, and Jug leans against a desk. "Alright so, what happened, Kevi-"

I'm interrupted by Betty, "Wait, are you guys living together?" she asks, a hint of jealousy in her voice. Wait...

Jug looks at me, and then back at her, "Yes, we are."

"Huh." She looks over.

"Yeah..anyways, Kevin, what's up?" I ask, trying to change the subject. I mean, I love Jughead, but I don't love it when people get into my business about relationships. I only let Archie do it once because it was just us two.

"Well, someone broke into my house last night while we were at the drive-in, and tore all my dad's evidence down about Jason's murder. So, this is how my dad had his Jason blossom murder board before it was trashed." He looks back over to it.

"Any leads on who did that? Or what they were looking for?" Jug asks.

"Nope. No fingerprints." Kevin says. "But they stole a bunch of files," Betty is nodding her head, no, slowly, "background checks, and all the video and audiotapes of police interviews."

All of a sudden, the door opens, and Trev comes in. "Hey, Betty.."

"Trev, hi!" Betty says.

"Sorry to interrupt.." Trev starts.

"Oh, no. Uh, it's okay. We're just, uh, working on.." she looks over.

"Our murder board." I finish.

There's a moment of silence, as Kevin and Betty nod. "Well, I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Absolutely, it's a date." Betty says. Kevin looks at her, and raises an eyebrow, as well. "I mean, I'll..I'll see you there. Bye."

"Peace out. See ya." Trev says.

"Peace out. Bye."

"Going on a date with Trev?" Kevin asks. "Does Mama Cooper know about that?"

"Kev, I'm not on house arrest." Kevin tilts his head, "Okay, she's out of town at a Women In Journalism spa retreat. Anyway, it's not a 'date' date."

"You, just called it a date.'" Jug says.

"That's just my cover. Really, it's an intelligence gathering mission. We should focus on the one thing we have access to that your dad doesn't."

Jug turns back around and shrugs, and I laugh.

"The kids at Riverdale High. You know, maybe Trev knows something about Jason he didn't think was important."

-------------------------
Word Count: 806