Chapter 14

*Your POV*
I meet up with Jughead and we drive to the Taste of Riverdale thing that he was telling me about. We go up above and kneel down to watch.

"Welcome all, to the first annual Taste of Riverdale. As a lead-up to our 75th anniversary, jubilee, this event proves that Riverdale truly is a town that, when tragedy knocks us down, we get right back up." Everyone starts clapping, including Jug and I. "Bon appétit." Mayor McCoy finishes.

Jug looks around below us and his smile fades. "What is it, Jug?" I look over to where he's looking. Ms. Grundy and Archie's dad, Fred, I think is his name, are talking. Oh boy, this can't be good. All of a sudden, we hear a 'punching' sound, and both look over.

I can't quite tell but, I think Cheryl's mom punched Betty's? "Oh, my God." I say and back up from the edge. "Honestly, I think that adults have more drama than they say kids do."

Jug laughs, "Maybe."

We hear someone tap twice on the microphone, we both look over, and it's Josie. "H-Hey, Riverdale." She says, trying to distract everyone, "We are Josie and the Pussycats. Are you ready to rock?" they all start humming and playing music.

I look to my right and see Archie coming up the stairs.

"Thought you were grounded, Andrews." I say.

"I was able to get out." He says, and kneels down, looking over the edge.

"Are you sure it was worth sneaking out for some locally-sourced Munster?" Jug asks.

"I helped write that song, man." Archie replies.

"Wait, you did?" I ask.

He chuckles, "Yep. And I had to see it."

"And if you try to tell her what to do she says..." they all start vocalizing.

Archie looks at the both of us and Jug nods his head. "Not bad. I'd love to stay, but I got to shake down an evil Adventure Scout. See you." Jug pecks my cheek and I grin. He stands up and walks down the stairs.

"Yeah, I got to go, too. Gotta help Betty with something." I stand up and start to walk away.

"Wait, hold up." Archie says, grabbing my arm. I turn around.

"What?"

"Are..you and Jug.."

I chuckle and look to the side. "Maybe. But, we're not really officially telling anyone because.." I shrug, "Well romance isn't the big thing that's happening now a days."

"Oh, well, I'm happy for you guys. You look great together." He says.

"Thanks."

"Do you want me to tell Betty?"

I shrug, again. "If you want I guess, although I don't think she'll really mind, I mean, she's got so much going on right now. With her sister, I mean."

"Yeah, right. Well, I'll let you go."

"See you later." I say and walk out of the building. I get into my car and drive to where they are. I pull up and walk into the pool and see Chuck hand-cuffed in the boiling hot tub.

I look around and see Veronica in a swimsuit and..I think Betty? Oh my God what is she wearing? I give a confused look and walk over to them.

"What? What the hell?" Chuck says, looking around. That's what I'm wondering.

"Start recording." Betty says.

Veronica looks up at her, and then at her phone. She hits record. I go over to them. I give Betty a look. She just looks at me and then down at Chuck.