Chapter 5

*Your POV*
I walk into Pop's and see Jughead already sitting at a table. I go up to him. "Hey." I say, sitting down.

"Hey." He's already got his laptop on and is typing. I get mine out too, and my camera. "Took some new photos?"

"A couple." I shrug.

"Can I see?" he asks, "I mean, you're still doing the Blue and Gold, yeah?"

"I am...and, I guess." He moves over to my side of the booth and scrolls through some of them, clicking on a few.

"Wow, these are actually, really good, (Y/N)." he looks at me and then back at my computer.

"They're not, professional," I say.

"They sure as hell look like it. How long have you been doing this? Photography, I mean."

"For a while, maybe, twelve? But, I bought my first real camera, this camera, when I was fourteen with all my savings from odd jobs."

"Nice." He says. "So, tell me a little more about yourself. Like, why'd you move?"

"Well, life back in (pick a place) wasn't the greatest." I take a deep breath. "Okay, I'm just gonna be honest with you, it sucked. Both of my parents are a mess, and my sister ran away to be with her boyfriend in New York. Leaving me, basically couch surfing different houses until I couldn't take it anymore so, I just got in my car and drove somewhere far, far away."

"Oh. Yeah, I was gonna say that I may have had a worse life than yours but, I think you win."

I lightly laugh, "What's yours like?"

"Well," he mocks me. I hate it when he does that.. "my dad has a drinking problem, and one day my mom took my sister, Jellybean and ran off to live with my grandparents."

I lean against his arm. "I'm sorry."

"Me too. For you, I mean." I chuckle and sit back up. A waiter comes over to us.

"What would you guys like?" he asks.

"I'll take a burger and a chocolate milkshake." He says.

"Same here. I'm hungry." I say.

"Alright." He walks away and goes back into the kitchen. Jug turns his computer towards him and starts typing.

"So..when can I read your novel?" I ask.

He laughs, "When I'm finished."

I sigh, "Fine. But I have to be the first to read it."

"Fine. I promise."

"Good."

The waiter comes back with our food. Wow, that was fast. "Here you go." He sets the food down on the table. We both start eating.

~

I look at my watch and it's 10:30. I feel like every time I look at my watch it's that time. Ugh. Whatever I'm too tired to think about that right
now.

Jug must've seen the time, too. He closed his laptop. "So, is this where we both go home or I go to your place?"

I laugh, "Doesn't matter to me. However, my place is trash."

"I bet it's great." He says.

"Alright, alright. We can go there." I put my laptop into my bag and he
does the same. We both get up and walk to the counter.

"Thanks, Pop." He says and puts a twenty down, to pay for our food. We both walk out of the restaurant.

"You didn't have to pay." I say.

"I wanted to." He replies.

We both get into my car and I start driving to my place. When we arrive, we both get out, and walk up to my door. I unlock it and lead him in.

"Well..this is it." I say. He walks inside and looks around.

"Not bad, not bad." He says. I close the door.

"So, what do you wanna do?"

"Movie?"

"Sure." He sets his bag on the ground and sits on the couch, in front of the TV. I kneel down and look through the movies that I have. "What...are you interested in?"

"Anything, really. It doesn't matter to me."

"Alright." I just pick a random movie, and put it into the player. "I'll go
get some popcorn."

"What'd you pick?"

"Pfft, I don't know. I just put something into the player." (this is me not knowing what movie to pick because I'm tired and lazy) I go into the kitchen and get some popcorn and put it in the microwave.

~

The movie ends and the credits start going. I stretch and yawn. "Well, it was good."

"Yeah. Good plot." He checks his phone. "I should get going."

"Yeah, get outta here. I'm tired and I wanna sleep." I laugh, and he does too.

"Finee." He gets up and puts his bag over his shoulder. I stand up and lead him to the door. "Thanks for the fun time." He says. He slowly leans in and I just stay still. Wait..is he gonna? He kisses me. Oh my God, is this happening? He pulls away, smiles, and leaves.

I'm pretty sure I'm blushing like crazy. I smile and close the door. Oh, my god, Jughead Jones kissed me. Wow. Oh my god. Wow. Okay. I go over to my bed and immediately fall asleep with a smile on my face.

-------------------------
Word Count: 861