Chapter 17

*Your POV*
I wake up to my alarm going off. I turn it off and stretch. I look over at my phone and see that I got a text from Jug.

Jughead👑💖:
Are you okay? You just ran off last night.

To Jughead👑💖:
I'm fine. I guess the conversation was just not as great as I thought.

Jughead👑💖:
Can I walk you to school? Because I'm outside your door.

To Jughead👑💖:
Woooow. In that case, no.

Jughead👑💖:
😢

To Jughead👑💖:
😂Let me get ready.

I put my phone down and get dressed into some normal clothes. I go into the kitchen and pour a glass of water and drink it. Well, that's my breakfast. I put the glass in the sink and grab my bag. I hear a knock at my door. I go over and answer it, and Jug's in my sight.

I smile, "Hey."

"Hey." He leans in and kisses me, and I kiss back. "Ready to go?"

"Yep." I close the door and we walk to school.

~

Jug goes to hand out drive-in flyers, and I go and find Betty. I see her at her locker and go over to her.

"Okay, so I have to find out more about Archie and Ms. Grundy. So, I thought about it, and we should go an interview her for a fake Blue and Gold article." She says. Wow, she's pretty confident about this already.

I sigh, "Alright, but you're doing this on your own."

"No, I need your help. Please?" she asks.

I think about it for a second. I mean, I kind of do want to get more into this as well I guess.. "Fine." I roll my eyes. "When are we doing it?"

"Right now." She turns around and starts walking off.

"Wait, what?" I follow her. She enters Ms. Grundy's room.

"Ms. Grundy?" she asks. She stops playing her cello and looks up at us, and she makes a nervous look.

"Yes?" she asks.

"(Y/N) and I are doing an article for the Blue and Gold, and I'm hoping that I could ask you a couple questions?"

"Oh, sure thing." She puts her cello down, and Betty sits down across from her, and I plop down in a chair in the middle.

"So, we're doing an article that's spot-lighting teachers, and you're our first." Betty says. Ms. Grundy smiles. "Let's begin." She looks down at a note pad that she brought. "Uh, you joined the faculty last year. Where did you move to Riverdale from?"

"Um, here and there. I was just mostly on the road." She replies.

"But you've taught at other schools, I'm assuming?"

Grundy laughs, "Oh, yeah. Of course. Right."

"Can I get their names?"

"Seaside High, Centreville High."

"What made you leave?"

"They were temporary placements. Just filling in for maternity, sabbatical, things like that. This is my first permanent position."

"Getting back to music," Betty says, rather quickly. I just glance over at her, and back down to my camera. "you're working with Archie Andrews on an independent study. Have you ever done this sort of thing before?"