Chapter 71

*Your POV*
About an hour passes, and Jug and I leave, and head back to his trailer. He opens the door and lets me in. I look around.

"Wow, the place looks nice." I say. It's all cleaned up. No traces of beer, or anything.

"Yeah, I cleaned it up after Keller thrashed it. You know, just in case my dad.." Jug replies. I hear him throw his keys onto the couch.

"Until he gets out, I'm not giving up, Jug." I turn back around and slowly walk around.

"Hell no. That, is why I love you, (Y/N)." I freeze. D-Did he just say that.? I slowly turn around. "I love you. (Y/N) (L/N)." His eyes are hopeful. It's cute.

I grin and walk over to him. "Jughead Jones. I love you."

He smiles in relief, and we kiss. We keep kissing for a second, and then he lifts me up and I let out a giggle. He takes me over to the kitchen and sets me on the counter. I take off my shirt, and we both take off his. We smile, and he goes right back to kissing me. He moves down to my neck. He stops when we hear a banging on the door.

"Oh my god." I say and he turns around.

"Who is that?" he asks.

"Better go and find out." I say.

He puts his shirt back on and I jump down from the counter. I put on my undershirt and throw on my jacket. He looks at me, and I nod. The person is still knocking. He quickly opens the door. I look and see some Serpents outside.

Their dog barks. "Easy, Hot Dog, he's family." One of them says.

"Hey..." Jug says.

"Heard your dad could have named names but didn't." Someone says, there's a small pause. "Serpents take care of their own. We just wanted to let you know, no matter what happens to him, however long he's gone, we've got your back." He holds up a serpent jacket... "This is yours, if you want it, that is." Jug takes the jacket and looks at it. He looks back up at them and slightly smiles, then puts it on.

"Juggy?" I say. He looks over to me and his smile disappears. He looks back over to them.

"Thank you, guys." They nod and walk away. He comes back inside and I back up, and walk towards the kitchen. He closes the door.

I turn around, "So, you're a Serpent now?"

"Well, I guess.." he looks down. "Are you mad?"

I smile, and walk over to him, "Not at all. Jug, this is something that you want to do. And, as your girlfriend, I'll support you in whatever you decide."

He smiles in relief, and takes off his jacket and throws it on the couch. We kiss again and he lifts me up and takes me back to the bedroom. He accidentally bumps my head to the right of the doorway.

"Oh." We break the kiss and I look down, laughing. "We're not very good at this."

He laughs, too, and puts me down on the bed and we strip, again. He lies on top of me and kisses me, and I kiss back. I wrap my arms around his neck.

~

I wake up and turn around, and see Jug sleeping. I grin, and itch my head, which woke him up.

"Oh, sorry didn't mean to wake you." I laugh.

"It's okay. I'm glad I got to wake up next to you." He smiles, and I kiss him.

"Also, I just wanted to apologize."

"For what?"

I take a deep breathe, and stare at the ceiling, "For...ever thinking that you and Betty, were interested in each other." I look at him.

He grins, "It's okay."

"Okay." I say, quietly. We kiss one more time, and then I pull away. "Want some breakfast?"

"That'd be lovely."

I smile and get up. I put on my shirt and pants, and go into the kitchen. I look around in the cabinets, and find some bread. I take three pieces out, knowing that he'll want two, and pop them in the toaster. I feel arms snake around me. I smile, and look down. He kisses my neck once.

"What can I do?" he asks, resting his chin on my shoulder.

I shrug, "Go sit on the couch?" I laugh.

He laughs, "Alright." He goes over and sits on the couch and turns on the TV.

I open the fridge and find some juice and butter. I take them out, and pour some juice into two cups. The toast pops out of the toaster, and I put two slices onto his plate, and one onto mine. I spread the butter on both of them. I stack his pieces, and put both of the cups on what's left of the plate. I walk over, and sit down. "Here you go, sir." I hand him his plate.

"Thank you, ma'am." He takes a bite, "Delicious."

I laugh, "It's just toast." I take a bite of mine. We watch TV for a little bit, and talk about how the hell we're still here today.

-------------------------
Word Count: 868