Chapter 10

*Your POV*
The bell rang and everyone in our class ran out to see why Cheryl had gone to the office. Jug and I walked behind everyone and found Cheryl coming out with her parents.

"Because she's a liar, Penelope." Her dad says.

"When we get home, you're telling us everything." Her mom says. Everyone's staring at them as they walk out the door.

Jughead and I just looked shocked. What did she do? I look over and see Archie, looking to the side. He better tell Weatherbee about being there on July 4th with Grundy soon.

~

Veronica, Betty, Kevin, Archie, and I are all sitting in the student lounge.

"So, are you a suspect now?" Veronica asks.

"My dad says we all are, including me." Kevin says.

"Pfft, not me. I don't know these people." I say, earning a chuckle from Betty and Archie.

"Guys, should we maybe re-binge Making a Murder on Netflix tonight?" Kevin suggests.

"Sorry. Can't. Gotta stay late to work on the paper." Betty says, taking a chip from the bowl.

"Yeah, same." I say.

"Count me out, too. I've got a date tonight." Veronica says.

"You do?" Archie asks.

"Which Riverdale hottie made the cut?" Kevin asks.

Veronica tilts her head to her right.

"Hey, Vee-Lo. I'll swing by the Pembrooke to pick you up at 8:00?" Someone says. We all turn to see who it is.

"I'll be waiting." Veronica says.

"Cool." He leaves the room with Reggie and Moose.

"Chuck Clayton?" Betty asks.

"Should I know who this is?" I ask.

"He's the coach's son." Archie says.

"Of course."

"You're going on a date with Chuck?" Kevin asks.

"He's kind of a player." Betty says.

"Who cares? He's the hottest of hot, and he's the varsity football coach's son. In Riverdale, that's like," Kevin starts, and Veronica takes a sip of her coffee, "dating a Kennedy."

Archie and I both give each other the, "I-don't-even-know-what's-happening-anymore" look as I grab a chip from the bowl.

-------------------------
Word Count: 341