Chapter 8

*Your POV*
Jughead and I are in the student lounge, with all the jocks. I have my hands in my pockets and his arms are crossed. We're leaned against a table next to the vending machine.

"And Sheriff Keller's grilling me, Mantle the Magnificent. 'Cause I'd want Blossom dead." Reggie says, "When he was like, the only good quarterback we had. And speaking of offensive tight-ends, I should've sent the cops to you, Moose. Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh? Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?" he looks back at Kevin and Betty.

"Reggie's just being a blowhard, Kev." Betty says.

"I don't care what he says." Kevin responds nodding his head.

"I mean, let's think about it. If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not gonna be a jock, right?" Reggie throws his football to someone else, "Now let's be honest. Isn't it always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic Internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid?"

I look to my left and Archie's at the vending machine, trying to get something out of it.

"Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak, like Jughead?" Reggie looks over to Jug and I. I touch his arm. He rolls his eyes at him. "What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like...after?"

"It's called necrophilia, Reggie. Can you spell it?" Jug replies and raises his eyebrow.

Reggie immediately gets out of his seat, "Come here you little-"

I release Jughead from my hand as he starts to step forward, but then Archie intrudes.

"Hey shut the hell up, Reggie." He pushes him back.

"Boys.." Veronica says.

"What do you care, Andrews?" Reggie asks.

"Nothing just leave him alone."

Reggie looks at us and then back at Archie. "Holy crap. Did you and Donnie Darko kill him together? Along with new girl over here?"

"Hey, I don't even know him, so don't get any ideas." I say.

He scoffs, "Was it some sort of pervy blood brother thing along with her? A threesome?"

Archie loses his temper and shoves Reggie. Jug and I both look at them. Reggie shoves him back into the vending machine, causing the glass to shatter. Everyone gathers around. Jug's trying to get Reggie off of Archie, but he ends up punching him in the eye first.

I gasp and pull on Jug, who pulls on Reggie to finally get him off. Jughead shoves Reggie to the side and I go over to Archie. I look at his eye. "Someone get him an ice pack." I say.

"I'm on it." Betty says and leaves the room.

~

I'm in the nurse's office with Archie. He's still knocked out from earlier. Jug and Reggie are both sitting in the office with Weatherbee. I hear him slightly move, and groan. I look over.

He sits up and touches his head, "Ugh..what the hell happened?" He asks.

"You and Reggie." I say. "Big fight, breaking the vending machine, and he knocking you out with a black eye."

"It...really hurts." He finds his ice pack from earlier and puts it on his head. "Oh hey...about yesterday..."

I sigh, "Arch, it's fine. Maybe, what's you're doing is wrong, but Jug and I should stay out of your business."

"No, you shouldn't. I'm doing the wrong thing but..I like her.."

I glance down and mouth, "Yeah.."

"I'm gonna tell Jug that I'm sorry, too."

"Good idea." The bell rings for next class. "Don't worry, the nurse said that you didn't have to go until you're feeling 100% better."

"Okay."

-------------------------
Word Count: 620