Chapter 49

*Jughead's POV*
"Save it." I say and turn around and walk out the door.

"Go home!" my dad yells. Everyone walks down the stairs, including me. He grabs my arm, "Whoa, where the hell are you going?"

"What!?" I snap, "You want to give me some advice on my right hook?"

"I want you to go back inside and talk to your girl."

"I don't think it's gonna work out." I start to walk away.

"Don't run away from it." He gets in front of me, "Don't run away." I sniff and wipe my cut. "You've got something good here. With her, with your friends. Something that...something that we could never give you."

I look to the side, "Also man up." He continues, and I quickly look back up at him, "After what I just saw in there, she needs you." He nods. I think about it, and then I turn around and walk back inside.

*Your POV*
I sit back in the chair, and put my elbows on my knees and lean on my hands. Veronica comes up to me.

"(Y/N), you got evicted from your apartment?" she says.

I sigh, "My uncle stopped paying for my apartment, because he thought that I wasn't living there.."

She just pulls me into a hug. I pull away, and stand up. "I should start cleaning up." I grab a trash bag and start cleaning up some cups around me. I walk into the kitchen, and start cleaning up in there too. I stop when I hear someone walk up. I slowly turn around, and it's Jug.

"Come with me to Pop's." he says, and turns around, and I follow him.

~

We're sitting in a booth, and he has his arm around me. "And all this time I thought you were a lover, not a fighter." I say.

"I'm both. I've got layers." He leans forward, and takes his hat off. "I'm sorry, that I didn't tell you about Martinez. I should've when we were here a couple days ago."

I sigh, "It's okay. It's not like my dreams were crushed or anything." I take a sip of my milkshake. "And..I should've told you that I got evicted." He looks over at me.

"Where are you living now?"

"With my sister."

"Wait, she's here? I thought you said she was in New York." He has a good memory...I love that about him.

"She came to find me. And now she lives in a nice house a couple minutes from here. I've told her about you." I laugh, a little.

He just grins and looks back forward. I lean forward, too. "And..you should be able to be friends with whoever you want." He pauses, "Even though I don't love Cheryl, you're trying to be nice to her. And I should appreciate that."

I smile, "Thanks."

He looks over, "(Y/N), what happened to your hands?" he notices the cuts on my hands...I totally forgot about those.

I close my hands, and sigh. "When...we went to go 'torture' Chuck.." I pause, and nod, "Betty went too crazy, and shoved me. So..I fell on the concrete and scraped my hands. It's not a big deal." I slowly look over at him.

He sighs, and takes my hands, and kisses them. When he stops, I lean in and kiss him on the lips. I pull away, and I lean on his shoulder, while we listen to the music playing through the speakers.

~

I wake up, and check my phone.

I'm sitting with Betty in the Blue and Gold office, scrolling through some pictures while she's typing. I'm still mad about Josh, but...maybe I should find something else to do with my hobby.

"Ooh, how about this one." I show her a picture to put in the next article.

"Oh, my God, yes." We both laugh and Veronica comes in. "Hi, there." Betty closes her laptop.

"Decaf skim latte, a fresh scone, a hot chocolate, and an old-fashioned donut." She says and puts it on the table. Thank God she remembers that I hate coffee. I take it and take a sip.

"The last time you brought me baked goods was because you kissed Archie." She laughs.

"Oh yeah, I remember that." I say.

Veronica smiles and sits down. "You guys, I just testified on my father's behalf, and, helped his chances of going free."

"That's good news, right?" I ask.

She glances down, and then back up at us, "My dad hired Jughead's dad to trash the drive-in." I lean forward, "And given recent events, it's not inconceivable that, he might've hired him to do other jobs." I glance to the side, "Like, go after Jason as payback for what the Blossoms did to him." I sigh, and get up and start to walk out of the room.

"Where are you going?" Betty asks.

"I don't know." I continue to walk out and shut the door.

-------------------------
Word Count: 824