Chapter 25

*Your POV*
The bell rings for lunch, and I walk around the halls. There are people kid sitting down on the floor everywhere. I take a spot on the floor and get out my laptop and headphones. I scroll through all my pictures, fishing for the best ones to show to Martinez.

I'm so excited, I show him in a couple days. I keep scrolling, and manage to find a couple that I want. One of some sunrises, scenes, flowers, old buildings. He said that the minimum was 7.

After about 10 minute of scrolling, I pick 2 sunrises, 4 scenes, and 3 flowers. I open up my email and attach them all and type in his address. I take a couple breaths, and my heart is racing from nerves and excitement.

"(Y/N)?" I hear someone ask. I look up, and it's Kevin.

I take off my headphones. "Oh, hey Kevin." I say.

He sits down next to me. "Why are you out here alone and not with everyone else?"

"Well, remember Josh Martinez that I was telling you about?"

"Yes.."

"I'm picking out photos to show him." I say and look back at my computer screen.

"That's awesome! Can I see?"

"Sure." I show him some of the photos.

"What's the minimum?" He's still looking.

"Seven."

"Max?"

"I'm, actually not sure. But I just chose eight."

"You should pick two more good ones." He hands my computer back to me.

"You think?"

"Yeah. And I'll help you."

"Alright." We scroll through all of them again, and I think he pointed to like, every other one to show. He finally points to one that, I kind of like. "Hm..okay." I drag that one and add it.

"Wait, I actually helped?"

I laugh, "Yeah, you did." He laughs too. The bell for class rings. I look up and close my laptop and put it back.

"Aren't you gonna send it?"

"I will later. Maybe when I get home." I say and stand up.

"Alright. Well, see ya later."

"Bye." We both walk to our next class. I still haven't told Jug about this photography thing. Maybe I will later. He seems to think that my photos are good looking. I get to my next class and sit down.

~

I'm sitting in my sixth period class. Unfortunately I know no one here, so I'm once again, a loner. I start to think about the photos. Veronica's my friend, right? I should call her and tell her about my photos! I don't know why, but I really just want at least own more person to know other than Kev.

I stare at the clock and there's 30 seconds until the final bell. I just wait and tap my feet on the ground until it rings.

The bell finally rings and I get up. I walk in the hall and dial Veronica's number. After a couple seconds, she picks up.

"Hey, (Y/N). What's up?" She asks.

"I don't know why, but I want to tell you something." I laugh.

She laughs, too. "Okay, is it good?"

"Yeah. So there's this photographer that's coming to town, and I want to send him some of my photos. He's giving feedback to the people that do."

"Really? (Y/N), that's awesome!" She says. "When is he coming?"

"On Wednesday." (It's Monday btw)

"That's awesome. I bet he'll say great things, cause when I-" she stops.

"Yeah?"

"I-I'm sorry, (Y/N) but I have to go. I just saw something that I honestly didn't want to see." She hangs up.

Okay then. Well, at least I told her and she's happy for me.

I get into the parking lot and start to drive. Jug says that he was going to that place they were talking about earlier with Betty. I drive by Pop's and see a "Help Wanted" sign on the window. I park my car in the parking lot and go in.

"Hey, I saw your sign," I tell Pop.

"Ah, yes. Would you like to help?" He asks.

"Yeah, definitely. I need some money."

"Alright, could you start right now?"

I think about it for a second and then shrug, "Yeah, definitely." He hands me uniform and I go into the bathroom and change.

I come back out and go and bust some tables. I go back into the kitchen and there aren't a lot of workers here. Maybe about 4 others? "Hi," I say.

One of them looks up from washing some plates. She only looks a couple years older than me. "Hello, you're the new worker I take it?" She says.

"Yeah, I'm (Y/N)."

"Becca." She holds out her hand and I shake it. "Nice to meet you."

"Same." I put some plates down by the sink, and go back out.

About an hour passes, and I see Veronica and Jose walk in.

"Hey, guys." I say.

"(Y/N)? You work here?" Veronica asks.

I laugh, "Just got the job today. So, what can I get you guys?"

"Chocolate milkshake please." Josie says.

"I'll just have some coffee. Oh, and some fries." V adds.

"Coming right up." They go to a booth and I go back to the kitchen and get their milkshake, coffee, and fries.

"Pop music isn't jazz." Josie says.

I go up to them and put their food on the table. "Here you guys go."

"Thanks, (F/I) (first initial)" Veronica says. I smile and walk away.

A couple hours pass, and I look at my watch and it's 7:00. I look at the diner and realize how nice it is. I run out to my truck really fast and get my camera. I go back inside and take a quick picture. I look at it, and smile. I put my camera back in my bag, and go over to Pop.

"Okay, I'm going to head out." I say.

He pays me, "Alright, thank you for working hard today."

I take the money, "Thanks." This is one of those jobs that you make your own hours, which is kind of nice. I turn around and go to my car. I check my phone, and I realize that I got a text from Jug two hours ago...whoops?

Jughead👑💖:
I came back to the apartment, where are ya?
Sent at 4:50

To Jughead👑💖:
So so sorry. I wasn't sure when you and Betty were gonna be done, buuut, I got job at Pop's!

I put my phone down, but he quickly responds.

Jughead👑💖:
Oh that's awesome!

I start my car and drive home. When I get there, I open the door and Jug's on the couch, on his laptop.

"Hey," I go over and sit with him.

He pecks my cheek. "Hey."

"How's your novel goin?" I put my head on his shoulder.

"Pretty good." He says.

"Nice." I get up, "I know it's early, but I'm really tired from working today." I laugh.

He does, too, "Alright. Well I'm not really gonna be doing anything so I'll let you sleep." He says.

"Thanks." I go into the bathroom and change into my pajamas. I come back out and get into bed. I remember that I still have to send those pictures to Josh..I open my laptop and my restored screen pops up. I hesitate for a second, and then press "send" and drift off to sleep.

-------------------------
Word Count: 1223