Chapter 31

*Your POV*
I'm standing outside of the church with Cheryl. Alice, Betty, and her dad come out from the church. Everyone turns their attention to them.

"There's been a swirl of rumors today about our daughter, Polly." Alice starts, "And we're standing here to tell you that they're all false. Yes, Polly was seeking treatment in a private care facility, and she was under strict observation even at the time of Jason Blossom's death. When she found out about the murder, she was beside herself with grief." Cheryl rolls her eyes. "You see, my daughter, Polly, is pregnant, with Jason Blossom's baby."

Everyone mutters, and my eyes widen. No way...I look over and Penelope grabs Clifford's arm and a surprised look grows on Cheryl's face.

"Polly wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone," Clifford rummages through people and walks away. "the father of her unborn child." Penelope follows him. Cheryl gets an angry, sad look on her face and follows them, too. And then of course, I follow her.

"Polly, darling if you're watching this..." I hear Alice continue.

Penelope and Clifford both get into their car and immediately drive away, before Cheryl could get in. I grab her arm and she turns around, tears rolling down her face. She immediately pulls me into a hug, and I hug her back. Once she breaks the hug, she looks behind me, and I turn around. Everyone is staring at us.

I put my hands up, "What? Ever see someone comfort her friend before!?" Everyone immediately turns back around, facing their attention on Alice, except for Archie and Jug. I make eye contact with them for one second, and then turn back around. "Come in, I'll give you a ride home." I tell Cheryl, and she nods. We both get into my car and I start driving.

After a little bit of silence, Cheryl finally talks. "Why are you being so nice to me? When, what I've basically done is torture you?"

I look over at her, and sigh. "Cheryl, we're friends. And sometimes, people see friends differently than others. Like, some people," normal people, "see friends and are just naturally nice to them. But others, like you, no offense don't worry, see friends and think that they can be mean to them. And honestly, because of what you're going through, I understand that you being rude is just the way things are right now. And that's okay." I practically just ranted her ear off. I pause for a second. "So, I'm okay with the way you see friendship. And honestly, I'm kinda of used to it already. I think I would be freaked out if one day you just all of a sudden became an angel to me for the day." I laugh, and she does too. (Ya that was kinda cringy sry 😂)

"Well, thanks for practically talking my ear off," she laughs again, "but that was a good answer. Thank you."

"No problem." We pull into Thornhill.

"Thanks for the ride." She says.

"Mhm. Just text me later if you need anything."

"Okay." She gets out and walks inside, as I drive away.

~

I get back to my apartment and attempt to open the door, because Jug has to be home by now. But, the door won't open. Huh. Maybe he had to do something.

I unlock the door with my key and walk in. The place looks, just like mine before he moved in...wait..did he move out without telling me? What the hell? I take out my phone, and there's a text from him about an hour ago. I realize that I didn't check my phone because of driving Cheryl..

Jughead👑💖:
I know you're giving Cheryl a ride home, and so you probably won't check your phone, but..Archie's dad insists that I go and live with him at his house. Arch basically just drove to the apartment to which I thought he dropped me off, but

I put my phone down. I can't even read the rest of the text so I just call him instead. He immediately picks up.

"Jug?" I ask.

"I'm really sorry, (Y/N). Like I said in the text, Archie just grabbed all my stuff and took me to his house." He replies.

"Okay..but why?"

"Did, you read all of the text?" He asks, chuckling just a little.

"N-No.." I do the same.

He sighs, "(Y/N), (Y/N). Pay attention." He laughs.

"Okay..I will after I hang up on you."

"Wait wha-" I press the red button on my phone, and continue to read the text.

Jughead👑💖:
but he just took all of my things because he said that his dad got a call, and said that I had to live with him. I'm really sorry, (Y/N). Give me a call when you finish reading this.

My eyes start to water. So, he left? He's gone? I sigh, and text him back.

To Jughead👑💖:
Okay. I understand. I'm sorry I didn't read through all of it before calling you.

Jughead👑💖:
It's okay.❤️ I hope that you won't suffer without me every night.

I laugh, and go back to the keyboard.

To Jughead👑💖:
Oh no! What will I ever do without seeing you every night?!

Jughead👑💖:
😂
Jughead👑💖:
I love ya. Goodnight.

I can feel myself blush...

To Jughead👑💖:
Love ya too.💞

I text Arch.

To Archibald Andrewssss:
Hey, just to clear stuff up, I'm not mad about Jug leaving. I understand the situation.

He responds immediately.

Archibald Andrewssss:
Oh thank God. I'm sorry.

To Archibald Andrewssss:
It's all good. Have fun living with 'em.

Archibald Andrewsss:
Haha thanks.

I turn my phone off, and check the time. It's 9:40. I get up and stretch. I go into the kitchen and get a glass of water. I drink it, and then go back and change into my pajamas. I climb in bed, and go onto my laptop and watch some Netflix.

-------------------------
Word Count: 994