Chapter 41

*Your POV*
I'm sitting at Veronica's dining table with Kevin, Ethel, Hermione, and Veronica.

"Mrs. Lodge this Quiche Lorraine is to die for." Kevin says.

"Ethel," Veronica looks at Ethel, "you haven't eaten at all."

"Oh. Sorry, I just, I'm not really hungry." Ethel says.

"Anything we can help with?"

"Uh, my parents. All they do is yell at each other. I think my dad had some bad luck with our savings." She pauses, "Now my mom says we're going to have to sell the house. My dad is just so...crushed. I wish there was something I could do to help him."

"Girl, we have a lot more in common than I thought." Veronica says. "We lost our place at the Dakota. Look, being ruined sucks." Yeah, it does. I take a bite of my lunch. "But you have your family and you have us. You've got this, Ethel Muggs."
"Muggs?" Hermione asks.

Ethel nods, "Uh, it's Dutch. We lost the third 'G' when my Grandpa Manfred came over."

Veronica gives her mom a weird look, and Hermione takes a sip of her wine. Kevin and I just keep eating our food.

About an hour passes, and I check my watch. "Thanks for having me over, V. The food was great." I get up and start to walk to the door.

"No problem. Thanks for coming." She says. I walk out the door and back to my car. I get a text from..Rose? Oh my God yes!

Rose:
Hey, (Y/N)! I was thinking maybe you could come and meet Luci today? Only if you're free.

To Rose:
Um, definitely! Text me your address.

Rose:
*address* (idk one)

To Rose:
Okay, I'm coming now.

I put my phone down and drive to where she said. When I get there, I get out of my car and knock on their door. Gunner answers.

"Hi." He says. "Are you, (Y/N)?"

"(Y/N), yes, now let me see the baby." I say quickly.

He laughs, "Alright come in." I walk inside and he closes the door. "Rose, (Y/N) is here!" he yells up the stairs, and Rose comes down the stairs.

"Hey (Y/N)!" she says, and hugs me.

"Hi." I laugh. She pulls away.

"Want to see Luci?"

"You know it." I say.

She laughs and takes me to the kitchen, where I see a beautiful little blonde girl eating a bowl of peas. She is the most precious thing I have ever seen...

"Oh..my God, she is so adorable." I kneel down and make eye contact with her. She gives me a surprised face for a second, an then smiles. "Hi, it's your Auntie (Y/N)." I say in a baby voice.

Gunner laughs, "You know she's two, right?"

"I know, I know. Shut up." I wave my hand and then pay attention to her. She's giggling. Oh my lord she is so cute...

About another hour passes with me just playing with the baby. I hear my phone ding, and Rose looks at it.

"It's your boyfriend." She says, giggling.

I playfully roll my eyes and look at the text.

Jughead👑💖:
Hey, wanna come and hang out at Pop's today? Just the two of us. Thought you could help me with my novel.

I put my phone down for a second and look at Luci. "Alright, I got to go, but I will see you soon." I tickle her little bit and then stand up. "Well, I've got to get going." I say.

"Alright.. Well, I'm glad that you met Luci." Rose hugs me one last time.
"Me, too. I already love her to death." I say. "I'll see you later." I walk outside and get into my truck and text Jug.

To Jughead👑💖:
Sure. I'll be there soon.

I put my phone down and drive to Pop's. I walk in and Jug is at a table. I go over to him. "Hey." I say.

"Helloo." He says, pecking my cheek as I sit down. "So, I wanted to tell you something, and you can't tell anyone else alright?" he laughs a little.

I laugh, too. "Okay, what is it?"

"It's my birthday in a couple days. And, a tradition that I do, is go to a double feature at the Bijou. Every year, Archie gives with me, but this time I want to take you."

I smile, "Jug, that's so sweet. And of course I'll take you." I lean on his shoulder.

"Just, don't tell anyone, because, I really hate my birthday."

"Same. I hate the attention." We both laugh. He kisses my forehead, and I watch his fingers type on the keyboard.

"Ooh, put that one right there." I point to a word on the screen. He smiles and does it.

A couple hours pass of me just watching him write, and me looking at some pictures.

"Has that guy posted his album yet?" he asks.

"That guy, is Josh, and no. He hasn't." I sigh. "Well, he said he'd do it in a couple weeks, and it's only been one and a half so. I don't know when he's gonna put it up. But, I'm checking every day just in case."

"He got a website?"

"Yeah. It's just JoshMartinezPhotography.com." he starts typing on his computer.

His website comes up and he browses through it. "Nice."

I laugh. I check my watch, and it's 10. I stretch, and get off of his shoulder. "I should get going. But I'll talk to you later."

He smiles, "Okay." We kiss and I walk out of the diner.

-------------------------
Word Count: 935