Chapter 45

*Your POV*
I knock on Rose's door.

She answers, "Hey, (Y/N). What's up?"

"Do..you possibly have an extra bedroom? Or, even room on your couch?" My eyes start to water. She looks behind me, and sees my boxes in my truck. She, being my sister, knows exactly what I mean. She pulls me into a hug.

"Of course. You're always welcome here." She turns around. "Gunner! Come help me carry some stuff!" She yells and then turns back to me.

I'm crying now, "Thank you."

She puts her arm on my shoulder and smiles, "You're welcome." Gunner comes downstairs and sees me.

"(Y/N)? What's up?" He says.

"She needs somewhere to stay, and she's staying with us."

"What, your boyfriend kick you out or something?" I raise my eyebrow.

Rose punches him in the arm, "No, she just can't stay at her place because Adam stopped paying for it."

"Oh. Okay. Well let's get you moved in."

About 20 minutes pass and they finish bringing in the last box into the guest room that is now mine, for now.

"Thank you guys." I say.

"Anytime." She says.

I look around and realize how much stuff I don't need...like all my books. "I..need to get rid of a lot of stuff.."

She laughs, "Maybe."

~

I decide not to tell anyone about what happened. I don't want to cause anymore unnecessarily worryings about me. I'm walking down the hall with Archie to lunch.

"Hey you may or may not know this," he starts and I look over at him. "But it's Jughead's birthday."

"Oh yeah, he told me a couple days ago. And he said that like, he goes to this double feature as a tradition."

"At the Bijou. And that he wants to take you, right?"

"Yeah."

"And you know that he doesn't like surprises, like no party, nothing."

I nod my head. "Yeah. I don't like them either."

He laughs, "Alright. I'll see you at lunch." He walks away and I walk into a classroom and dial FP's number.

It rings for a second, and then he picks up. "This is Jones."

"Hi, Mr. Jones, this is (Y/N), Jughead's-" I start.

"Girlfriend. Yeah I remember you."

"Yeah, so I was just wondering, that if you know anything that Jug likes to do on his birthday?"

"Does he know you're calling me?"

"Well..no, but I want to surprise him with something fun. All I know is that he doesn't want a party, but wants to go to a double feature."

"Well, not much I can really do. There's one thing that Jughead likes less than surprises and that's his birthday. Kid's never had a party. Never wanted one."

"Oh. Okay. Well, thanks anyway."

"Mhm."

I hang up and walk to my next class.

~

The bell for lunch rings, and Jug said that he had to go do something. So I meet up with Arch and we walk into the cafeteria and sit next to Betty, Veronica, and Kevin.

"Hey guys." Veronica says. "Betty, you were saying something about Jughead's birthday?" Those last words made me look up, and I take a sip of my juice.

"Yeah, and I want to do something for him. Like have a surprise party." Betty says.

"Mm.." I nod my head, and swallow my drink, "Not a good idea."

"What? Why?"

"He's never had a birthday party, and he doesn't intend on having one in the future."

Archie nods his head. "Mhm."

"What? Never?" Betty asks.

"Never."

"Well that's a fantastic idea." Veronica says.

"Uh, no. Did you not just hear (Y/N)? Jughead hates his birthday." Archie says.

"Everybody says that, nobody means it." Kevin says.

"Except him." I take a bite of my salad.

"Okay, ignoring the negativity, Betty, you know me. Any excuse to wear a cute party dress."

"Yeah."

"Okay." Veronica puts her hands on the table and leans forward. "So, I'm thinking, a quaint gathering, inner-circle only."

"Oh, my God, don't turn around." Kevin says. But of course, we all turn to see Chuck Clayton walking through the cafeteria. He makes eye contact with Betty and then keeps walking. I thought he was gone... "Holy Chuck. I think his last got bigger." His eyes follow him as he walks away. He turns back to us. "Not that I care because he's evil incarnate."

"What's Chuck Clayton doing back?" Archie asks.

"He got suspended, not expelled." Veronica says.

Betty gets up, "No, Betty, let it-" I start, but she keeps walking, "go."

"Even though he should've been drawn and quartered for what he did. Oh, my God." Veronica says, and we all look over.

"Get away from her, Chuck." Betty says. He sat down with Ethel...wait, is she just letting him do this?

"Easy. Look I only came over here to apologize. You don't have to go Dark Betty on me."

She bangs her hand on the table," I'm NOT going." She realizes that she just made a loud noise to attract people's attention. "I'm not going Dark anything." I see her fists tighten. "Ethel, is he bothering you?"

"You can relax, Betty, we're fine." Ethel says.

"Yeah, Betty, we're fine." Chuck says. "The real question is, are you?"

Betty comes and sits back down with us.

"What we he doing, accosting her?" Veronica asks.

"No. He was...apologizing."

"Oh I am so sure. Chuck Clayton downs have a contrite bone in his muscle-bound body."

"You know what, can we talk about something else?" Betty says, quickly. "Like, like Jughead's surprise party." She looks down.

"Um, you mean the one that's not gonna happen?" I say and look at Betty, "Betty?"

She quickly looks up. "What?"

"Jughead's party, he's not gonna want it."

She sighs, "Look there's a lot I can't do. That I can't control." She looks over at me. "You have to help me."

I don't say anything, and look at Archie. He just shrugs. I look back at Betty. "I...I guess.."

"Really?"

"Just so we're clear, this was all your idea. He's gonna be mad."

"Alright. I can live with him having fun, and then being mad."

"Screw it. I'm with Betty." Archie says, "My dad's out of the house we can do it there. We could use a good time."

"Now you're talking my language." Veronica says.

"So, (Y/N) you're gonna take him to the movie?"

"Yeah."

"Okay. When they're gone then we get everything set up."

I just sigh. He's not gonna like this, and I know exactly how he feels because I hate parties too.

-------------------------
Word Count: 1101