Chapter 62

*Your POV*
I'm just standing there, and realize that she hung up. I snap out of it and put my phone back into my pocket, and turn around.

"We have to show this to your dad." I look at Kevin.

"Yeah..." he says, looking down.

"I'll...give it to my mom, and she'll show it to him." Betty says.

I nod my head. I sit back down, and Betty gets up and runs to her house. I start to circle Veronica's back, as she's still crying.

"I-I'm sorry." Veronica says, "I honestly just can't believe it." She calms down a little bit.

"No, you don't have to be sorry for anything." I say. She pulls me into a hug.

Jug stands up, and runs out of the room. "I'll follow him." I say.

"Okay.." Archie says.

I quickly get up and run after him. "Jug!" I say. He ignores me, and runs to my car. He quickly turns around.

"Give me your keys." He says.

"O-Okay." I unhook my keys from my jeans, and throw them to him. He gets into the car, and I do the same. He starts driving. "Where are we going?" I ask.

"Police station. I have to get my dad out." He says, staring at the road. We make a sharp turn, and I bump into the side of the car.

"Jug, you need to slow down." I say.

"I can't! my dad innocent and Keller has to know!"

"Betty gave Alice the thumb drive, that she showed to Keller."

"Yeah...I know." He says.

I sigh, and we quickly turn again. We finally get there, pretty sure 50 miles over the speed limit. He quickly gets out, and I do, too. He runs into the station, and looks for Sheriff Keller. He finally finds him, coming out of his office with Mayor McCoy and Alice Cooper. He runs over to him.

"Sheriff Keller, did you see the video?" he asks.

"I did, but I can't fully release him." He says.

"What? Why not?" I ask.

"He's innocent! You saw it right in front of your eyes!" Jug yells, causing a couple people to look over at us.

"He's gonna get charged with tampering with evidence, mishandling a body, perjury, and that's just off the top of my head." He says, and Jug scoffs. "He's not getting out any time soon."

"This is unbelievable." He says.

*Sheriff Keller's POV* (cause why not you know XD)

"He's not getting out any time soon. We will go get Clifford, but we're not releasing him. I'm sorry, Jug." I say, and pat him on the back. I walk passed him. "Let's go!" I say. Seven other officers follow me, as we drive to Thornhill.

We pull up, and Cheryl and Penelope are standing at the front door. I slow down to a stop, and look at them. They both point to their right, towards the barn. I nod my head and drive over there.

I get out of the car, along with everyone else. "Open the door." I say, and two people pull it open, to reveal Clifford, hanging from the ceiling by a rope.

*Back to your POV*
"Let's go!" Keller says, as he walks out the door with some other officers.

"Jug." I say. He slowly turns around, and a tear rolls down his cheek. "Come here." I say, one more than a whisper. He hugs me. "I'm sorry." I say.

We pull away, and slowly turn around and walk down the steps, back to my car. I get in, and start driving. "Where do you want to go?" I ask.

"Could we just go back to your place?" he asks.

"Sure thing." I say. We both drive back to my apartment, and I open the door. We go in, and he takes off his jacket and shoes. He just plops down onto my bed.

I lightly laugh, "I can take the couch."

He turns around. "No, that's okay. You can sleep here." He says. He scoots over, and I can feel myself blush. I crawl into bed with him, and look at him.

"Hey." I cup his face with one hand, "It's going to be okay, alright?" I say.

"Yeah." We both lean in and kiss, and then I turn around. He puts his arm around me, and we both drift off to sleep.

~~~

FP Jones confessed, because Clifford had visited him on the night of his arrest with a threat. That Jughead would face the same fate that Jason Blossom faced, if he didn't confess. He was protecting his son from a monster. But, of course, everyone knew that the nightmare was far from over.

-------------------------
Word Count: 1388