Chapter 11

*Your POV*
I wake up to my alarm beeping at me, and I quickly sit up. I calm down and look over at my phone and turn my alarm off. I stretch, and get out of bed. I do all my morning stuff, go brush my teeth, eat breakfast, and drive to school.

I see Kevin outside, just standing there. I go over to him. "Hey, Kev." I say.

"Hey, (Y/N)." he says. "Wanna go find Veronica and ask her how her date went?"

"Definitely." We both walk inside and find Veronica and Betty at her locker.

We go up to them, "So, how'd it go?" I ask.

"What?" Veronica asks.

"Uh, the date? With Chuck?"

She laughs, "He has muscles for days, but his conversation is not the stuff of Oscar Wilde, or even Diablo Cody."

Two girls pass us in the hall, "Hey, Veronica. How was the Sticky Maple you had last night?" One of the girls asks.

"The what now?" Veronica asks for clarification.

"The Sticky Maple Chuck gave you? How was it?" The other one asks.

"We had a brownie sundae, if that's what you hyenas mean." Veronica says.

I look around and everyone's phone starts beeping, including mine. Kevin looks at his, "Oh my God."

"What?" Veronica snaps and takes the phone out of his hands.

"What the hell is a Sticky Maple?" I ask, and then look up. People are all staring at us..

"It's kind of what it sounds like. It's a Riverdale thing." Kevin says.

"No, Kevin, it's a slut-shaming thing." She looks up at him, and then back at the phone, "And I'm neither a slut, nor am I going to be shamed by someone named, excuse me, Chuck Clayton. Does he really think he can get away with this? Does he not know who I am? I will cut the brakes on his souped-up phallic symbol." Whatever that is...

"Or, we can go to Principal Weatherbee." Betty says, and Kevin and I nod.

"About the coach's son? Who is captain of he football team, and Riverdale's resident golden boy?"

"And, or I can expose him in the pages of the Blue and Gold. Yeah, I can do that!"

"No. Spoken like a true good girl who always follows the rules. Well I don't follow rules," she shoves Kevin into the locker, giving his phone back, and walks off, "I make them, and when necessary, I break them."

Betty follows her and I stay with Kevin, "You good?" I ask.

He shivers, "Yeah, I'm good."

"She's just stressed out about some stupid internet thing."

"Oh, it is much more than a 'stupid internet thing.' If someone is given a 'Sticky Maple' it stays with you for..quite some time..unless, of course, something else immediately happens and everyone's attention is drawn to that." He looks over at where they walked off, "And, by what the looks of what they're going to be doing, it can't be good."

"Damn. This, is why I don't date football players." I say.

He laughs a little, "Yeah, okay." We both walk to first period.

~

The final bell of the day rings, and I get a text from Jug.

Jughead👑💖:
Hey, wanna help me do some investigating on Jason Blossom's murder?

To Jughead👑💖:
Sure, what can I do?

Jughead👑💖:
Meet me in the parking lot.

To Jughead👑💖:
Got it.

I get up from my seat and walk out the door and into the parking lot. I see Jug waiting by my car. I smile and walk over to him. "So, where are we headed?"

"To Dilton Doiley and his scouts. Betty gave me a 'mission' to go find out what they know about Jason." He says, as we get into my car.

"Alright, cool." I say. I throw him the keys. He starts the car and we drive to this big yellow house with a black roof. We both walk into the back yard and see a line of scouts and Dilton talking to them.

"And in that moment of hesitation, you're dead. All of you are dead." Dilton says.

"At ease, Doiley." Jug starts, to get his attention. "I'm writing an article for the Blue and Gold. Hoping you can help."

"Dismissed! But stay close." Dilton says. Everyone leaves.

"Cheryl and Archie both say they heard a gunshot the morning of July 4th, but they don't know who fired." I say.

"Sheriff Keller already asked me about this. And like I told him, my Scouts and I, we didn't hear anything weird."

"Well, did you see anything weird?" Jug asks, raising his eyebrows.

He crosses his arms, "A white-winged crossbill. A long-eared owl." I look over and see one of his scouts looking at us, and then looking down. I narrow my eyes. Jug must've noticed too, because he gave Doiley a weird look. "Oh, and Cheryl, sitting by the river, soaking wet."

"You're such a liar." I say.

He looks over at me, "Excuse me?"

"Excuse you what? Did you fart?" I ask. (I am so so sorry I had to😂)

I can see Jughead holding in a laugh, "Okay, thanks. We're going now." He puts his arm around me and we turn around. He lets his laugh out. "What was that about?"

I lightly laugh, "I don't know, I was mad okay? We both saw that one guy looking at us."

"Yeah, yeah, true." We both walk back to my car.

-------------------------
Word Count: 913