Chapter 32

*Your POV*
I go to my locker and yawn.

"Tired?" someone asks.

I jump and look over to see Archie and Betty. "Oh, my God you scared the crap out of me." We both laugh, "Don't do that."

"Alright, alright. Sorry." He looks behind me.

"What?" I turn around and see Jug walking with Keller and Weatherbee. I give him a questioning look.

"Call my dad." He tells Archie, and then keeps walking.

"Yeah, yeah we will." Archie says.

"Of course." Betty adds.

"Um, you know we're going to the police station right?" I say.

"What about class?" he gets out his phone and dials FP's number.

"What do you mean 'what about class?' Jughead was just lead by a sheriff and principle! We're going with them."

He sighs, and puts his phone down. "No answer. I'll call my dad instead. And fine. I guess I could use a break from English."

"Yep." I walk and go to the parking lot, and we follow their car to the station.

They get out and he leads Jughead in. Archie and I follow. "Okay so my dad's on his way."

"Right." I say and nod my head. When we walk in, he goes into a room for questioning, and we all sit down. I sigh and lean on my hands. "What could they possibly want him for?"

He sighs, "Maybe they're just asking him questions about the car?"

"I don't know..he seemed pretty worried when he told you to call."

"Yeah..I don't know."

We wait a couple minutes, but it seemed like a couple hours. Keller finally comes back out and we both stand up.

"He wants to see you." He looks at Betty and she nods and goes in.

I glance down, and then back up when I hear Archie's dad come in. He comes over to us.

"What's going on?" He asks.

"It's Jug. Keller pulled him in." Archie responds. I turn around and go to Keller.

"Why is he here?" I ask.

"We have suspicions-" he starts.

"What?!" I interrupt.

"(Y/N), calm down-"

"How can I be calm when you're accusing him of something that I know he didn't do?" I feel someone's arm on my shoulder.

"(N/N), calm down, it's okay." Archie says, quietly.

I sigh, and realize that I did just snap at the Sheriff.. "I'm sorry, I got freaked out and worried. But I know that he didn't do it. What makes you think that he did?"

"Well, how long have you known Jughead?"

"I don't know," I look over, "a couple months maybe?"

"Okay, so did you know that he was bullied all throughout middle school, and still teased today?"

I don't say anything for a second, and then realize that it's my turn to talk. "N-No.."

"If you'll excuse me, I need to talk to Mr. Andrews." Keller pushes passed me and I sit down, looking at the ground.

"So..he really thinks that he did it? That's ridiculous. That's, absolutely ridiculous." I say, nodding my head.

"I know, I know." Archie says, circling my back.

*Jughead's POV* ( about time ikr 😂)
Sheriff Keller leaves the room, and Betty comes in and sits down.

"I didn't do it, Betty. You have to believe me." I say.

"Of course I do." She puts her hand out and put it on mine. I glare up at her, and she quickly pulls it away and looks to the side. She coughs, "Sorry. But, Jug I was with you, and I know who you are."

"Those Paradise Lost kids went to death row because they wore black and they listened to Metallica. I don't wanna become a scapegoat."

"I'm not gonna let that happen." She says, and I sigh, "All the evidence against you is circumstantial. We're gonna get you out of here."

I close my eyes, "Is my dad here yet?"

"Archie's here with is dad. They're talking to the Sheriff." She pauses, "No one knows where your dad is."

"Yeah. Okay." I get up and we both walk out."

*back to your POV*
Arch and I both go over to his dad and Keller.

"He was working for me." Fred starts, and looks over at us. "Yeah, the week of July 11th, was it? Yeah, I had him tear down some drywall for me."

Keller looks at us, and then back at Fred. "You can provide me with documentation to support that?"

"I have to check my time cards."

Keller looks at us, and then back at him and nods. "Alright."

Betty and Jug both come back out from the room, and we all walk out of the building. I see FP coming up to us.

"Jughead!" He says, and Jug looks up. "I'm sorry, I uh, I came as soon as I got your message. My phone, the friggin' battery. I forgot to plug it in last night." He laughs. Sure... "What the hell happened?"

"Well uh-" Fred starts.

"Nothing." Jug interrupts, "It's fine now. Mr. Andrews took care of it."

"What jacked-up crap they accuse you of in there, huh? Those bastards trying to throw you in jail like they did your old man? Well, screw that. I will rip Keller a new one for trying to pull that-" he walks towards the door, but Fred stops him.

"FP, settle down."

"Hey! Hey! He is my son!" He shoves him, "He is my son, Fred." He shoves him, again. "You'd do the same for your boy." He points at him, and then turns around, but Jug stops him from walking any further.

He grabs FP's jacket, "Dad. Don't make things worse." He whispers, "Please."

He nods and Jug lets go. "Yeah. Yeah, alright then. You uh, you coming home with me?"

"He..he can stay with us, Mr. Jones." Archie says. FP turns around. "We already offered."

"Is that what you want?" There's a moment of silence, "Maybe that's for the best. If you don't mind, Fred."

"Whatever you want, FP. It's between the two of you." Fred says.

"I'll..I'll go with you, Dad." Jug walks up to him and sniffs.

"Son, listen to me." He take a deep breathe, "I'm gonna do what you want, get my act together." Arch looks at me, and I glance at him, and then back down.

"I'm gonna get your mom and Jellybean home. And we're all gonna be under the same roof. I promise. But I...I just need a little time." He continues, and Jug looks to the side. "Not a lot, not long. A month. Two at the most. Hey." He grabs Jug's face so they have eye contact again, "And then we'll be back on track, all right? You...you believe in that, don't you?" There's a slight moment of silence.

I look over and see that Jug tightens his fists, but then loosens and says, "Yeah. I believe you, Dad." He pulls him in for a hug.

FP chuckles, "All right." He lets go, and lightly punches him in the arm. Jug looks down, and sniffs. I go over to him and he puts his arm around me and we start walking.

-------------------------
Word Count: 1996