🎈28.🎈

It took three nurses to shower me.

They practically made a petition to make me shower. Since I arrived I refused to go near water,  maybe because of pain or the fact that I would actually need someone to do it for me.

"I'll leave." My dad said as he walked out of the room and closed the door. The nurses closed the backroom door.

"Is this the right temperature sweetheart?" One of the nurses asked.

She looks genuinely nice. Her amber eyes were gentle and sweet. Her cartoon scrubs didn't bring any ease to this situation but it was more comforting. Her dark skin looked soft and warm. I could tell she's been doing her job for a while and absolutely loves it.

I touched it with one of my fingers and nodded my head slowly. I looked at the other two nurses and blinked slowly. One of them looks fresh out of school and doesn't know a single fucking thing she's doing; the other one just looks like she hates life.

"We're going to help you stand up now, okay?" The one fresh out of school, Suzy, said.

It fucking hurts.

"On my count." The other one said. I looked at her name tag, Marie. Don't hate life Marie, "1..2..3" she counted and on 3 they helped me up.

I let out a loud groan and closed my eyes tightly.

"I know sweetheart, it's all going to be okay." The sweet nurse said, Cindy's her name.

You're too nice. You see my condition, you know it's not good.

They sat me in a chair and untied my gown from behind. My heard sped up as Cindy gently took it off my body. I tried covering my parts with my hands but it didn't help.

Suzy rolled me towards the shower. There was no tub it was a simple shower head, that's it.

They made sure to wrap my broken fingers with what seemed like plastic and take off my ankle and wrist brace.

Two out of three of the nurses weren't the best but they did their job correctly. After what felt like an eternity of shivering and shame it was finally over. They helped me into horrible undergarments and a fresh gown. They sat me on my wheelchair and put my ankle and wrist brace back on.

I looked up and froze once I looked at my reflection in the mirror. When phoebe listed what was wrong with me, it sounded awful but now that I look at myself it's worse.

My eye was bloodshot red and both my eyes were black. My entire face was swollen. A deep cut was planted on my bottom lip and my nose was by far one of the worst features. It was purple and swollen. If I saw my reflection might as well look at the rest of my body.

I pulled back the gown enough for me to look at myself. It was horrible. Every single part of my body had bruises and my ribs were just too horrendous to even take a second look.

"It gets worse before it gets better." Cindy said as she rubbed my back and began to wheel me out the bathroom. She walked over to my bed and with the help of the other nurses they set me back in bed, "I'll be back later to check on you." She smiled.

I'll be here, I have no where else to go.

I turned my head to face the wall and closed my eyes. If I'm being brutally honest I don't want to see or listen to my dad or anyone. I better fall asleep before he comes back.

That's just what I did, I fell asleep before anyone came in to bother me.

-

Thank you all for the 600 reads! 😭 love every single one of you!