🎈82. 🎈

AN: 20k, you guys are amazing.❤️

-

We sat on the couch while letting out slow steady breaths. The front door opened just when we thought it would and our father's heavy footsteps could be heard walking towards the living room, where we sat in silence.

"Girls? You still awake?" He asked quietly as he walked over to us and set his things down on the floor.

"Yeah..." I mumbled, "we actually wanted to talk to you about something." I said as licked my dry lips.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he took a seat across from us, "Okay, go on."

I looked over at Isabelle who cleared her throat, "the other night Cole and I were talking and... I'm not staying for much longer and we were thinking that maybe Cole should come with me." She said.

"What?" My dad asked.

"I think it would be good for Cole to come with me, after all that has happened. She's 14 and what's going on is not healthy for a girl her age."

"Exactly she's 14 Isabelle and you're 19, what makes you think that someone your age can take care of a little girl? Especially when we review your history." My dad said as he rubbed his face.

"Oh so you're bringing up something that's way behind me? Nice." She said as she nodded her head.

"Dad, I want to leave Derry. Let me go with her." I pleaded.

"How could you not talk to me about this first Isabelle?" My dad asked frustrated.

Isabelle took in a deep breath, "because I thought you would have a sense of compassion for your daughter. Don't you see that being stuck here is eating her alive?! What happened a few months ago? Right, she got beat half to death and nobody has done anything about it, not even the fucking cops."

"Isabelle I'm not a picking a fight with you tonight." My dad said as he stood up and began to walk away, "The answer is no, and that's final."

"No." Isabelle said as she stood up from the couch, "Don't you see that I'm doing good? I came back and I gathered myself up-"

"There is no way you'll care for Cole properly." He said as he turned around.

"Oh and you and mom do?! By the looks of it you guys are doing an amazing job." She said with a sarcastic laugh, "you go to work at 5:00am and come back at 8:00pm how is that okay? She's responsible for feeding herself and taking care of herself and mom is doing such a great job dad."

"Don't talk to me like that." Dad said with a stern voice.

"She's my sister and I want a say in her life. Staying in this shitty town will only damage her. Jess went missing, mom went crazy, you hardy see her, she almost died, what more do you need to let her go?!"

"I would Isabelle I really would, you have no idea how much I want her to actually leave because yeah you're right she's been through hell here but the thing is I don't want her going with you." He said harshly, "you're irresponsible and you don't even know how to care for yourself and looking back you don't have the cleanest record young lady. You can't stay committed to one thing so what makes you think you'll be committed to a child?!"