🎈29. 🎈

I woke up to voices in my room. My eyes fluttered open and I was convinced it was a brand new day. There's no windows in my room and I can't tell what time of day it is but I'm guessing it's the morning.

"Hey Cole." Phoebe said once he became aware of my state, "would you like something to eat?"

I looked at him before looking away. I blinked slowly and hoped that he would just leave along with my dad.

"I brought a few things from home." My dad said as I heard a bag shuffle.

I quickly turned to look at him and widened my eyes. I'm suppose to leave this hospital. I can't sleep here another fucking night, I can't stand being in this fucking room another day! All I've been eating for days are foods that are being mushed together by a blender.

"Cole... you won't be leaving anytime soon, we still need to talk about your surgery-"

I quickly pointed at the door and pierced my eyes into Phoebe's soul. I want him out now. I want him to get the hell out.

He looked at my father before walking out. I blinked a few times before swallowing the lump in my throat, it burned like hell but I decided to welcome in the pain.

"You heard Dr. Yang-"

"No. Take me home." I said. I haven't heard my very own voice in days. It wasn't my voice, it was a stranger's voice. It was deep and raspy.

"We can't. You have a surgery coming, don't you hear yourself?" He asked.

"No I haven't heard myself in days! Just take me home!" I shouted. My throat was on fire and my eyes swelled up with tears not because of this conversation but because of the pain.

"You should stop talking, I know it hurts." He said.

"I don't care! I want to leave, I've been in this room for days I just want to get the hell out!" I yelled as I sat up. Pain erupted all over my body but I didn't care.

"Look at yourself!"

"Exactly! Look at me! Just look at me! I need three nurses to shower me and take me to the bathroom because I can't do it myself! In what world is that right?! In what world does a 14-year-old get jumped?! No! that shouldn't happen! I shouldn't be showered by three nurses I shouldn't be fed apple sauce for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! I shouldn't be here! I shouldn't have a broken nose or fingers! Or have internal bleeding! I don't want this!" I yelled as I began crying.

"This is a fucked up world and I know that! It sucks that this happened and we can't go back in time to stop it but the good thing-"

"No there's nothing good from this! The pain that's so unbearable and makes me wish I was dead isn't good! It's not fucking good!" I yelled.

"Don't say stupid things like that!" He shouted as he stood up, "you're alive Nicole! That's all that matters! You're alive and it's a miracle that you didn't die within seconds!" He shouted.

I let out a small chuckle, "it's not a miracle, it's a punishment. Death would of been much better than having to deal with this bed and these injuries." I said as I looked away.

"How can you say such a thing?" He asked as tears of his own began to fall.

"How can I not!" I screamed. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and this is it, "I get beaten half to death and you're the only one here! Where's mom?! Where the fuck is my mom?! Where is she?! I don't see her! Is she in the closet or maybe the bathroom? Tell me because I don't see her anywhere! You would think that a mother would react to her child being so close to death that even the grim reaper could savior her fear but she didn't react! I bet she's sitting at home in front of that goddam window painting Jess! I rather be dead than alive because at this point it's too much, a-and I just can't anymore, I can't!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

His tears fell hard just like mine. We stared at each other as I sobbed. I was practically screaming into my hands.

The door opened and I looked up. I watched Richie walk in with a scared expression on his face and Phoebe behind him with the same face.

"Cole-"

"Everyone get out!" I screamed again. They stood there as if they were glued to the floor, "get out! Get out! Get out!" I screamed as I began to throw things at them.

They quickly marched out of my room and I could heard my dad's voice outside.

I felt this knot in my stomach and my heart stop beating. I couldn't catch my breath and it scared me. My throat was on fire and I just want to tear it out with my broken fingers. I gripped my neck as I cried hysterically. I tried breathing through my mouth and nose but it was impossible. I can't scream for help, I already wasted my voice. I gripped my neck tighter.

"It's Just me-" Phoebe widened his eyes as he quickly ran over to me and sat at the edge of my bed, "breath Cole, just breath." He said as he removed my hands from my neck. I can't fucking breath! I can't! I gasped for air but nothing was captured. I gripped his arm tightly. "I need some help in here now!" He yelled.

One minute I was here and then the next,
I was gone.

-

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! ❤️