🎈76. 🎈

The days progress and a feeling rises higher every passing day. It's a gut feeling that warns me that something big is coming.

We all sat alone in silence. We were so deep in our thoughts that a bomb couldn't shake us out of it.

"I'm not scared." Richie finally spoke.

"Because you haven't seen it." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"I-it doesn't make s-sense." Bill said, "o-out of everyone wh-why not y-you?" Bill asked.

"Maybe my good looks?" He joked.

As a small argument began to build up, there was a sudden thought that crossed my mind. It was forbidden to think about but even if I tried I couldn't just shake it out of my head, I think I need to follow through with it.

"Guys." I said quietly. They continued to argue, they were either ignoring or simply couldn't hear me, "guys!" I shouted.

They stopped arguing and looked over at me. I stood up and faced all of them while licking my lips. I became insecure and I felt the confidence leave my body slowly.

"What?" Stan asked as she scratched his curly mess.

"What if..." I started as I looked down at the grass, "what if... we somehow manage to find where it lives and we go..."

"Are you crazy?!" Eddie yelled as his eyes widened.

"There's no way!" Beverly shouted.

"Absolutely not."

"This is a joke, right?"

"You're really that crazy?"

"Just listen." I said after they all shared a piece of their mind, "we could put a stop to this once and for all. More kids are going to go missing every day if no one does something about it. Grown-ups are lost in their heads about money, work, doing anything but paying attention to what comes out of the mouths of kids. They don't understand, we're on our own."

"Yeah, that's fucked up, but there's a difference between staying away from it and going to get killed." Stan said.

"If we stand on the sideline doing nothing, more innocent children are going to go missing." I repeated.

"I-I agree with Cole." Bill said as he stood next to me.

"Cole... are you sure you're not doing this for another reason?" Beverly asked quietly.

I bit the inside of my lip as I looked away.

"Wh-what is she talking about?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said. She's partially correct, I want to go find it because it might lead me to Jess.

"You guys are fucking insane... and that is why I say yes." Richie said.

"We haven't seen it, there hasn't been any missing people since Patrick and that one other kid. Maybe it's gone." Eddie said quickly as he took a puff from his inhaler.

"Eddie." I said quietly, "you know that's not true." I said, "look what it's done, if anyone finds Patrick-"

"You're the one that went back!" Eddie yelled.

"To cover our asses!" I yelled back.

"E-enough!" Bill said sternly.

"We all have to calm down, okay?" Beverly said as she tried to restore the peace.

"I-i have a p-plan... tomorrow, m-my House." Bill stated as he picked up his bike.

I took in a deep breath as everyone began to go home before curfew.

Richie walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "Why are you stressing?" He asked.

"I'm not." I said.

"Let me walk you home." He said as he picked up his bike. I nodded my head.

We walked while holding hands, a feeling that sends shivers throughout my body.

-
❤️Happy Monday!❤️
Sorry for the short chapter!