🎈62.🎈

I sat at the edge of my bed as I kept fidgeting with my fingers. I looked over at the clock and ran to the door once I heard a hard knock on the front door.

"Wow, you answered quick." Phoebe said.

I grabbed him by his sleeve and pulled him in, "check me." I said as I walked into the living room.

"Why are you so eager?" He asked as he followed me into the living room and sat next to me on the couch.

"I need to ask you a few questions." I said as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Okay, go on." He said as he opened his briefcase. He slipped on a pair of white latex gloves and made that satisfying smacking sound on his wrist, painful but satisfying.

"You know about dead bodies right?" I asked quietly as I licked my lips.

"Yeah... why? You didn't kill anyone, did you?" He joked.

"Of course not." I said, "I just have a summer project-"

"About dead bodies, huh?"

"Let me talk." I said annoyed, "I w-was just wondering how long until a dead body is left with only bones? Like without any meat or anything." I asked.

"It depends, is the body in a coffin, open air..."

"Let's just say buried without a coffin." I said as I lifted up my shirt enough for him to check my ribs.

"It takes a very long time." He said as he began to press gently on the tender skin, "but it takes the body eight to twelve years to decompose." He said.

It's only been a few weeks, how was Patrick's body already decomposing?

I swallowed he lump in my throat, "so um... let's just say a body appears, they can identify it by doing what?" I asked.

"Like I said before, it depends on how far along the body's decomposed." He said, "if it isn't that long maybe clothes. Also, dental structures. Does this hurt?" He asked as he pressed two fingers against my ribs.

"No." I said as looked away, "w-what happens if let's say... someone buries a body without telling anyone but they didn't kill the person they just you know... buried them."

He checked the small scar on my belly before pulling my shirt back down, "why would anyone do that?" He giggled, "but to answer your question, it wouldn't be good. They'll just look like a suspect and practically tale the blame from the real killer."

"Oh." I mumbled. He continued to check the scar on my neck and kept touching it gently.

"Should I be worried about these questions?" He asked.

"Nope, just research." I said as I looked up as he checked me.

"Okay, everything looks great. Scars are healing greatly and your ribs are completely healed, but you do have a bruise on your side, what happened there?" He asked.

I had a rock war with Henry and his remaining goons, because I just buried one next to the barrens.

"I hit myself against the counter while running away from Isabelle." I lied.

Losers' Club //Richie Tozier//On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara